Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on October 9, 2011
Having had access to extensive research, best practices reports and services marketing associations, I wanted to share that I've found the book, so far, extremely vague, light, obvious while painfully salesy about the authors' own services. I am now reading about the diatribe on pricing. Having read and witnesses this debate for years, I can guarantee the writers do not have the necessary experience to provide solid advise to medium/large marketeers.

If you have no experience at all, the book might be helpful even if not well researched or solid. Be careful! If you are more experienced, the advise will be too generic. May still be interesting. Might have one or two ideas that are overlooked. So far, I didn't find anything useful, and to this point, I would not recommend this book to a friend, only to a competitor.

I will keep reading, and pray no more advertorials from the writers surface, as it's becoming irritating. In any case, I'd be very alert, and am very tempted to put this down. The marketing planning section was really a waste of time, even when it's so short as to take 10 min to read. So far, awful. What mislead me was the David Maister endorsement.

I'll keep on reading and if my view changes, I'll make it a duty to come back and do justice. I give it two stars, not one, because it's still a good resource for someone with no experience at all that doesn't connect marketing with revenue. The book does argue that doesn't pay off, and it's right, plus shows some generic metrics (and then tries to sell you an Excel spreadsheet!)
--UPDATED--
I kept on reading, and it got reasonably interesting. It touches on some preconceptions and offers the reader to question conventional wisdom. It presents a branding progression map, it creates a simple framework to built different branding elements that, per se, are interesting and can be used to break down and combine the effort in a more directed, logical way. Overall, being optimistic this part is 4 stars to me (2 stars for the first chapters, 4 for the ones up to chapter 14 = 3 stars). It still lacks in specificity, but generates new thinking and helps revisit important assumptions that may be fruitful. I will update this if anything else changes. Also, the amount of self-promotion drops to nearly zero, which was a blessing.