5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginner to mid level Developers, June 30, 2011
Phil "Green" (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Professional Test Driven Development with C#: Developing Real World Applications with TDD (Paperback)
This book may not be helpful for Architect and other highly experienced Developers. However, for others, this books is great. It basically teaches you how to be a good developer and write good code. Its text is clear, concise and practical to the tooth. You see how to shows you step-by-step on how to program the right way and does a great job at it.

As regards to the content, this book shows you how to use Test driven development in a real applications as opposed to showing you just theory or just lingering on principles. It also covers supporting topics like mocks and Object oriented development principles. It is one of the best development books I have read and I highly recommend it. I hope the authors comes out with more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars It should be mandatory if you want to be a SERIOUS C# Developer, January 30, 2013
This is the kind of book that pays by itself on the first few pages. It's very well written and easy to follow. The Authors really knows how to approach the subject on a step-by-step basis. Highly recommended if you really want to deep dive into Test-Driven-Development, but the readers should be aware that some previous knowledge on C# Development and Design Patterns are required to really enjoy the book, otherwise you will miss most of the important concepts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Test before you develop, November 5, 2011
I would like to think that I do test driven development, but this book puts a twist on my idea of the subject. While my method is more" test as you go", this book defines it more like test before you develop. It's a concept that those like myself are not use to. In other words, the book helps you write the code to call the methods you need to get your results before you actually write those methods. It helps you keep your mind focused on the goal of your code without getting side tracked. The book is also chopped full of coding best practices that will help you as you better yourself as a programmer. I know we may not always agree with each and every one, but they are helpful to keep in the back of your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars My vote of 6 ( If I could ), September 19, 2012
Before I read this book I did not know the benefits of TDD and how to execute it properly and it sounded to me like the next agile-scrum-XP hype. I am happy that I was not that sloppy to miss TDD and I am happy that I started with this book. These guys really have a sense for teaching. But why you may ask?
The book starts at very very slow pace - for a novice - and the examples looked to me a little bloated, but afterwards I got it right and I do not think they are anymore. The firsts chapter, which is an elaboration on the benefits of TDD is thorough and after reading it every developer should be convinced to use TDD in his developing process. But then the question is "How to do it properly rather then sloppy?". The answer comes with the introduction of the SOLID principles and refactoring in a way that they are very easy to remember and to use in practice which I think are in the core of TDD - "Red, Green, Refactor". Then comes Dependency Injection with ninject which was introduced very brightly for the novice. The next chapters go in faster pace but with the knowledge from the previous the material is easy comprehended.
The examples are near-real, very well thought and useful. This books combines in itself knowledge from a broad spectrum and makes really good foundation for any further study of Refactoring, DI, OOP design and Unit testing. The book make you see where is right place and the right time for every step - a really nice flow.
I rarely find such a useful book. I will say that it has very high text-to-read*quality-of-material/money-to-buy ratio. I recommend this book for novice programmers and for experienced which wants to start TDD the right way. It will be best if novice programmers are thought TDD in the rails of SCRUM from the start the way this book teaches. After reading this book I have decided to integrate teaching of TDD for our freshmen in the company so they start their work the right way, which for me is TDD in the rails of scrum.
That is not all that is important to notice about the book, but I have to stop. This book is worth the money. I will look for other books of these guys.
The book cries for second edition with more elaboration on the topics. You have done great job guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Taught Exactly What I Was Looking For, September 15, 2013
Overall the book was exactly what I wanted. It was exactly what I was looking for. A book that took you through exercises while explaining the the thought process behind each step. The only issues I ran in to was using the newer 3rd party Frameworks that the book talks about. This is only due to version differences and changes since the book was written.

Some could argue that I learned to work with those 3rd party framework better than if I just followed the book and I think I agree with that. However it can be frustrating if you're not a very experienced programmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars there's always something to learn, May 8, 2012
I took something specific for the .net platform (and C# as a language) not just to get a faster understanding of how TDD can technically work...but also because there's always something to learn also in things you've been using for years!
Great book indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical, December 21, 2013
I was skeptical for a long time about TDD, I'm still ramping up using it, but when I do use it I feel much more confident about my code. Thanks for a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good this book!, October 28, 2013
This book is very good at learning TDD with C #! The contents are explanatory and helps in cases of day-to-day! I recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for developers, September 21, 2013
I LOVE THIS BOOK. Very concise and educational. Introduces very accurate the TDD, and also introduces another great principles, like SOLID, DRY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Content, April 27, 2013
Perfect range of subjects for an enterprise level .Net Developer. Covers the variety required to truly overview and instruct on the topic of TDD in .NET with C#.

ARRAY(0x9fef0ccc)