4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy alternative to the higher-end Oral B options.
I use the top-of-the-line Oral B Professional 5000 as my standard toothbrush, so I was eager to see how closely this cheaper version comes to it. Overall, I'd say it comes close and is a worthy option if you don't want to spend as much.

Published 21 months ago by Go Blue 99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a big fan of the super-sized brush head
Published 21 months ago by Crochet Ghoul

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy alternative to the higher-end Oral B options., March 6, 2013
This review is from: Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep Triaction 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, 1 Count (packaging may vary) (Health and Beauty)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Pros:

- Provides a clean mouth feel. Your teeth will feel much cleaner using this compared to a manual toothbrush.
- You can mix and match Oral-B brush heads. While this model comes with the "deep sweep" brush head, you can also use any of the other brush heads that they make (floss action, sensitive gums, etc).
- Nice and slim form factor (it is thinner than the 5000 model).

Cons:

- This version does not brush as quickly as the higher-end models. This one performs 20,000 pulsations per min, while the more expensive models perform 40,000 pulsations per min. So the quality of cleaning is not as great.
- There is no external timer, so you cannot see exactly how long you brushed for. I don't consider this a major deal though, because the brush vibrates every 30 seconds (so you know it's time to switch positions).
- There is no travel case. This is inconvenient if you plan on traveling with this brush.
- There is no "sensitive" setting.

Despite the negatives, this Oral-B brush is a nice value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, March 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush shares several features in common with my excellent but older Oral-B Professional 1000: a tall, slim, and easy to hold handle; a timer that pauses briefly every 30 seconds to "prompt" you to switch quadrant, display indicators to show charge life / status ("red" means it's time to recharge the toothbrush, blinking "green" means the toothbrush is still charging, etc); and up to 7 day battery life (assuming 2 minute brushing twice a day).

Unlike my older Professional 1000, this Deep Sweep 1000 has a smaller charging base (a potential positive for travelers), and instead of the usual small and round brush head, the product comes packaged with a new bigger brush head that gives it more of a manual toothbrush look.

The bristles on the newer brush head have different lengths and colors: those at the tip of the head are the longest and are light blue in color, the remaining rows of bristles are either dark blue or white in color, and the white bristles are slightly longer than the dark blue ones.

During brushing, the dark blue bristles remain stationary, while the rest produce the sidewise (or up/down, depending on brush orientation) "sweep" motion that helps stimulate the gums. The produced "sweep" doesn't feel all that "deep," so I can't tell whether this product's "sweep" capability gives it a significant advantage over the older model, but in my opinion, both models provide excellent cleaning and work at least equally well, and certainly a lot better than a manual toothbrush.

The Deep Sweep 1000 is compatible with a range of brush heads, so if you don't like the new bigger one that comes packaged with it, you have other choices that could potentially fill your needs better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vibrates more slowly than the more expensive versions, fine for the sweep action head but not good for smaller brush heads., March 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toothbrush comes with a head that has a much larger surface area than my Precision 5000. However, it is compatible with the other Oral B heads (I actually used it with a Floss Action head as well). This is truly a matter of preference; larger head size covers more area for the same amount of time brushing but makes it harder to get the toothbrush back into the back molars.

Compared to my Professional 5000, the handle on this 1000 version is slimmer and easier to maneuver. Based on the sound it makes (a lower frequency than my 5000) I suspected that it vibrated more slowly, and after checking the specs online I found that this is true. The 5000 has 40,000 pulsations per minute while the 1000 has 20,000 pulsations per minute. Oral B has a nice comparison chart online which may help you to decide the cost/benefit of various options. Personally, I found some of the gimmicks on the 5000 not that useful (the separate timer) but the addition of a sensitive mode is worth the extra cost to me.
Battery life also varies across the toothbrushes, so that may also be a consideration if you travel.

My kids orthodontist basically ordered me to get the floss action heads and Oral B toothbrushes. These fit on this handle as well but there is a noticeable difference in how well they clean on the 1000 handle compared to the 5000 handle. Perhaps this version is designed for the larger head. In spite of the slimmer handle on the 1000, I do like the cleaning power of the 5000 better.

In conclusion I find the Oral B toothbrushes to be excellent products, compare the features on the site to decide what you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral B Has Learned a Lot about Electric Toothbrushes, February 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The last Oral B electric toothbrush I reviewed as way back in 2009, the Oral B Pulsonic. That toothbrush had some issues, including a head that unlocked too easily, at least at that time. It is possible Braun, the maker of Oral B, has corrected that problem. It seemed to me in 2009 that Oral B had a lot to learn about electric toothbrushes, and my experience with this toothbrush shows me that Oral B has learned a lot since my previous experience.

The heads on this toothbrush feature two portions. One portion is fixed, the other moves back and forth, which would be up and down if you hold the toothbrush horizontally. If you use the toothbrush as you would a manual toothbrush, you get the benefit of the fixed bristles and the benefit of the moving bristles, which helps clean your teeth and massage your gums.

My usual toothbrush is a SoniCare, which I love, but I think this toothbrush does a better job cleaning my teeth, particularly on the tooth surfaces that are close to adjacent teeth. One reason this toothbrush may do a better job in those areas is the relatively long bristles near the end of the brush. Additionally, the bristles overall seem longer than the bristles on my SoniCare, permitting better reach into the areas between two adjacent teeth.

This toothbrush has only one cleaning mode, which is fine by me. My SoniCare has three or four modes, and I discovered that I only use one. The single cleaning mode on the Oral B Deep Sweep 1000 does an excellent job, so why do I need another?

I complained that the Oral B Pulsonic did not have any way of telling me when the toothbrush was low on power. Oral B fixed that problem, and others, by permitting me to store the toothbrush on the power base without harm to the toothbrush. So now I can use the toothbrush and put it back on the base. The toothbrush does need fully discharged once every six months to extend battery life, so constant storage on the base may be undesirable.

This toothbrush also has an indicator that lights when power gets low and the toothbrush needs recharged, so the recharging base, which is small enough for most travel bags, may be disconnected until the toothbrush needs recharged. Oral B suggests that this toothbrush may be used up to seven days before recharging is necessary, so if you worry about unnecessary use of electricity, put the recharging base away until you need it.

This toothbrush seems to weigh about what my SoniCare does, and it seems nicely balanced, so brushing seems relatively easy. I am quite comfortable using this toothbrush and I like the way it cleans.

I was quite critical of the last Oral B electric toothbrush I reviewed, and I recommended against that model. This electric toothbrush corrects all the problems of the last toothbrush, and provides a simple-to-use toothbrush that appears to clean my teeth very effectively. While I have not been using this toothbrush long enough to know whether it will have the same beneficial effect on my gums as my SoniCare, I suspect it will because of the long, soft bristles. Indeed, the length of the bristles on this toothbrush may make this toothbrush more effective in stimulating my gums than my SoniCare. It seems like Oral B has learned a lot about electric toothbrushes over the last several years and has a winner with the Deep Sweep 1000.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than any other electric toothbrush I've used in the past!, June 5, 2013
I have already recommended this product to friends and members of my family.

I have used other electric toothbrushes before including Sonicare and Oral-B, but with a different head. My teeth feel cleaner after using the Deep Sweep toothbrush. It feels like it brushes more vigorously.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a big fan of the super-sized brush head, March 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Oral-B's Professional Healthy Clean Precision 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush and was hoping this Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep Triaction 1000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush 1 Count might be an upgrade. Except for a different head, it's overall the same, although I do prefer this more vibrant color (it matches my ocean-themed bathroom) of the handle. While the brush head has "clinically proven Triaction Technology", it is very large and I have a difficult time using it in my mouth, which I don't consider exactly small. Not to get too gross but this causes a mess, both in use and rinsing it off. I have to keep my mouth totally closed or spray is going all over the counter-top, mirror, and whatever else is laying about, which makes it more difficult for me to brush my teeth properly (and more clean-up to do). I like to be able to see what I'm doing when brushing and I can't do that with this particular head. While I'm sure it brushes well, I much prefer the smaller, round ones instead, and I haven't seen any difference to my teeth by the switch, although it is possible this Deep Sweep cleans better. So while I appreciate the opportunity to try this out, I'm going back to the round heads where I have easier mobility and can see what the heck I'm doing (and look Ma, no spray!). While that's my main bone of contention, I have come up with a handy-dandy pro/con list for more information.

Pros:

- Easy to use: the lights to let me know when to charge or when it's done; the 30-second stuttering telling me to move on to another quadrant
- Indicator bristles where the blue will fade eventually so I'll know when to replace the head
- The pressure sensor will stop movement of the brush if too much pressure is exerted, I've never had it happen to me
- Attractive color (always subjective)
- Small charging station that takes up very little room on a counter
- Eight(!) different brush heads are available for this model, so there should be one for your every whim and need
- Waterproof and ergonomic handle
- Instructions that actually inform and help
- 2 year limited warranty

Cons:

- Brush is far to large for me
- Messy, messy! I don't want my spittle all over my bathroom. Ew!
- Only one brush head included
- No refill station included for a family to use and store their particular heads
- Takes a while to charge

5.0 out of 5 stars A thorough clean, October 11, 2013
This brush cleans your teeth very well and is kind to your gums. I have receding gums and my teeth are very sensative and this brush is ideal for me .After they feel smooth and clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rechargeable toothbrush, May 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using the Philips Sonicare HX9332/05 DiamondClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush which I bought when it first came out, but decided to give this Oral-B a try and compare. They are both in very different price ranges - the Sonicare is about 190 bucks, while the Oral-B is about 50. So, there is a huge difference there. I do love the Sonicare, but the Oral-B is great as well, and a lot more budget friendly.

The Oral-B is the most like a regular manual toothbrush, as far as the feel of it in the mouth and the cleaning action feel. The vibration is stronger on the Oral-B and feels like it is cleaning a bit more, because of the stronger vibrations.

The actual head on the Oral-B is also more sized like a manual toothbrush. I actually like this fuller head better than the Sonicare.

The pressure sensor on the Oral-B seems to be more sensitive than on my Sonicare. That is neither good or bad, but just a difference. The Sonicare also has more settings to use for cleaning, but this Oral-B is just fine with the one basic setting. I only use one setting on the Sonicare anyway.

The neck on this one, leading to the brush head, is a bit slimmer and therefore a bit more comfortable in the mouth and to use.

It feels like it cleans really well. It really feels like it is scrubbing and cleaning as opposed to the Sonicare which in comparison just feels like it is vibrating. I have braces, so it can be difficult for me to brush well with all the obstacles of the braces. I feel like I get a better, more thorough clean on all surfaces with the Oral-B, more quickly and more easily since the brush head is a bit bigger and covers more area at a time.

It gets the gumline really well too and easily. It gets between my teeth and brackets of my braces well.

I think this Oral-B is a great choice. It does a great job, is affordable, and feels like it is cleaning better ( a bit more aggressively?) than the much higher priced Sonicare Diamond Clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aggressive!, April 18, 2014
jc (Naples, NY USA) - See all my reviews
If you buy one of these remember to start it whole in your mouth. Otherwise it will splatter water/saliva all over your walls and mirror! (Also shut it off before taking it out of your mouth.)

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE Step Up!!, September 28, 2014
I have been using Oral-B Vitality series for about 8 years now. That was a major upgrade from a manual brush. Recently, I had to replace my second Vitality due to a weak battery. I did the research and decided on the Deep Sweep. I always refrained from the more expensive line because I felt it would be a waste of money. After all.....an electric brush is an electric brush......Right? Well............WRONG! This thing is amazing! It is more solid, a little heavier, more balanced, MUCH more powerful, and the sweeping action is a MUST! One thing I love is the 2 minute timer...that is broken down in 30 second intervals. Your mouth is broken down in 4 quadrants. Every 30 seconds ......you change quadrants. At 2 minutes.....your done. (at 30 seconds it pauses for a split second and continues. At 2 min. it pauses several times and continues to let you know you are done) And I mean done! Your teeth feel polished....micro smooth. The gums are clean....even in between teeth. And the clean feeling last most of the day!! I LOVE this brush and look forward to brushing my teeth now......who can say that?? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Professional bad boy...GT :)

10/6/2014 UPDATE: I finally had to recharge it for the first time yesterday. (You do not leave this on the charging stand ) It flashed Red on the handle to let me know it is time to recharge....however....I definitely could not tell that by the performance! It was still running very strong with plenty left! My teeth are so much whiter and my mouth feels and stays clean all day long. I am amazed with this brush and how much cleaner my teeth and mouth are! LOVE THIS BRUSH!