From the Back Cover
What you will learn from this book
- How to add a third party API to your site or program one of your own
- Ways that a small ISP can use the Yahoo!® XML feed to publish recent technology on a site
- Why APIs are the preferred method for disparate applications to interact over the web
- Differences between the functions of APIs and web feeds and the benefits each has to offer
- The basic structure for REST and SOAP APIs
Who this book is for
This book is for programmers who have a strong understanding of PHP and are looking for detailed coverage of multiple APIs in PHP.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Chris Shiflett (NY, NY) is a frequent contributor to the PHP community and a leading security expert. He talks at conferences such as ApacheCon and the O'Reilly Open Source Convention, and publishes articles in PHP Magazine and php|architect. "Security Corner," his monthly column for php|architect, which is the industry's foremost PHP security column.