From the Back Cover
Discover exciting ways to create Windows-based applications
The arrival of Windows 8 is a complete game changer. The operating system and its development platform offer you an entirely new way to create rich, full-featured Windows-based applications. This team of authors takes you on a journey through all the new development features of the Windows 8 platform, specifically how to utilize Visual Studio 2012 and the XAML/C# languages to produce robust apps that are ready for deployment in the new Windows Store.
Professional Windows 8 Programming:
- Shows you how to utilize XAML to produce rich, content-driven user interfaces
- Makes use of the new App Bar to create a chrome-less menu system
- Shows you how to support sensors and geolocation on Windows 8 devices
- Demonstrates how to integrate your app into the Windows 8 ecosystem with Contracts and Extensions
- Walks you through the new Windows 8 navigation system for multipage apps
- Details how to minimize code with Data Binding and MVVM design patterns
- Features tips on getting your app ready for the Windows Store
- Shows how to maximize revenue for your app using available monetization strategies
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book and code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and table of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Nick Lecrenski is the founder/lead developer of MyFitnessJournal.com, a fitness tracking website that utilizes JQuery, HTML 5, and CSS.
Doug Holland is an architect with Microsoft's Developer and Platform Evangelism team and works with Microsoft's strategic ISV partners to help bring new and exciting experiences to consumers on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Allen Sanders is an architect at Teksouth Corporation and co-owner of LiquidKey, LLC. He provides expertise from the user experience to the database for line of business, Windows 8, and Windows Phone solutions.
Kevin Ashley is an architect at Microsoft and the author of top apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.