5.0 out of 5 stars wowzer
this product was super better than i could ever imagine... the brushes were so soft yet firm....i cant believe how great this was and i was just going out on a limb trying it but im glade i did... im tottaly gonna order more stuff from this company :)
Published on September 21, 2010 by tyson_lover

1.0 out of 5 stars $22 for a Brush Case
Price - At the time, I thought it was a good price. After using these I do not.
Just an FYI - I paid $21.99 for these brushes last week and they are now listed for $40.95.

Published on February 24, 2011 by Melissa Marchman

1.0 out of 5 stars $22 for a Brush Case, February 24, 2011
This review is from: Fash Professional makeup nylon Brush Set, 13pc, For Eye Shadow, Blush, Eyeliner, eyebrow (Health and Beauty)
Price - At the time, I thought it was a good price. After using these I do not.

Shipping - I chose Super Saver shipping I ordered on 2/13 and the brushes were here by 2/16, very quick. Even though the brushes were listed as in stock when I ordered, the email I received from Amazon said otherwise. Since there was no delay in shipping time, I am not too irritated by the in stock issue.

The case is nice and a few brushes have individual protectors in addition to the one that is sewn into the case. It did give off a mild odor (kind of a plastic/leather smell) but I did not notice this until I was bent over the brushes inspecting them. The product description states that the case is lined in black velvet, mine is not. The FASH logo is NOT printed on the case, it is in fact, a sticker.

My thoughts on the brushes:

Mascara Wand - This brush arrived slightly bent, I find the angle helps with application but if you do not think so it is easy to bend. The bristles are soft and springy, and they seem like they would apply mascara very well.

Eyebrow Brush - First of all, the head of this brush came unglued from the handle while I was examining this. In case you are wondering, there is one dot of (what looks like) hot glue holding this brush together, not impressed. I should not have to repair my brushes as soon as they are removed from the package. The bristles are uneven and honestly, this brush just did not blow my skirt up.

Angled Brush - This brush is hard, extremely so. The bristles are uneven on this one as well, a few are sticking up from the group and one side of the brush is actually longer than the other. The angle is not crisp and the middle is lower than the shortest edge, it seems that the cut of the bristles was just plain sloppy.

Liner Brush - This is a decent brush, it comes with a plastic tube protector. The bristles are stiff and it does well with eyeliner but no better than the brush included with my liner.

Shadow Brushes - I tested the brushes twice, once on my hand and on my eyes. NONE of these picked up product easily and they did not distribute the shadow when I tried to "pat" it on. I had to brush it on and with some force as the brushes distorted a bit and left shadow in places I did not want it. I own a couple of shadow brushes from two different companies and none of them have problems with the pat method. The only place I regularly "brush" is in the crease and when I am blending.

Concealer Brush - bristles separated after I washed them, this was after ONE use. I was not impressed with the pick up but the distribution was okay.

Foundation Brush - It had the exact same issues at the shadow brushes. The pick up was poor and the distribution even worse.

Blush Brush - I do not own or use blush but I tried this one with some of my powder and the results were the same. Poor pick up and distribution.

My final thoughts:

I paid 21.99 for a brush case.

I do not wear lip liner and the brush that comes with my eyeliner works just as well as the liner brush included in this set. The poor performance of the eye and face brushes left me disappointed and ready to just toss the entire lot into the trash.

Of course, YMMV

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, March 4, 2011
These brushes are midrange. They just raised the price on them and by no means are they worth the $40 dollars that they are now asking for them. They come in a roll up brush bag that is somewhat cheap looking. The brushes are all each individually wrapped in plastic when you first get them. There is quite a strong smell to them of plastic. The brushes themselves are quite soft but that is about the best compliment I will give them. The disappointing part is that they only use a minimal amount of bristles for each brush. In comparison to my MAC brushes I would say that they have about 25% the amount of bristles on them. I prefer a more dense brush. I don't think these brushes pick up the make up as well as they should. I find myself having to load the brush more often to get make up on it. The brushes look nice but I would not recommend these. Save your money for a better set of brushes.

5.0 out of 5 stars wowzer, September 21, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars great, April 5, 2013
These brushes are awesome. They were just the same as the description said. It was a great buy.I would buy them again and fully recommend it. I use these brushes very often and they do the job great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Brushes - Very Soft!, December 27, 2012
Ordered this kit as a gift for my sister. The brushes and case were both very soft. Plus, the shade of red is lovely. Not too dark, not to pinkish. It may not be the kind of kit for a pro-makeup artist, but it's nice enough for everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick/good product, December 21, 2012
Great color, bought as a gift and they loved it. The color is a little more red than coral like shown in the picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fash brush set, January 6, 2012
I bought this set of brushes for my 19 year old daughter. She loves makeup and appreciates good brushes. The set arrived quickly and in excellent condition. Yes, the plastic does smell a little upon initial opening, but the smell quickly disappeared. She loves the brushes and immediately started using and enjoying them.

2.0 out of 5 stars smelled bad, January 6, 2012
The brush set had a strong industrial smell, like petroleum or something. Also, the bristles in my brushes seem to fall out rather easily. I don't recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Strong offensive smell, December 16, 2011
I ordered this set as an inexpensive play set for my daughters. The description said "nylon" so I was not expecting excellent quality. The case is soft and pliable and looks to be sturdily constructed. The brushes look exactly as they are pictured, appear sturdy, and are packaged carefully. However I was overwhelmed by a horrible smell when I opened the box. It became stronger when I unrolled the brushes - it is definitely coming from the brushes and not the case. It smells like formaldehyde and animal pelt. Really nasty....these are going back.

4.0 out of 5 stars :), November 1, 2010
Over all I'm really happy with these bruhses. They feel nice in the hand and on the skin. My friends came over early tonight and I hadn't put my makeup on yet, They seen these and all ooh'd and awe'd. I did notice while touching up one of my girls, that the metal isn't as secure on one brush. It's nothing to cry about at all but I would have five stard if it was absolutyyy perfect. Don't be afraid of these brushes. They are so cute especially in the lil roll up pouch (which has magnetic snaps!). I'm very happy. 4 1/2 STARS.