5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on November 9, 2012 by Man U

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Way To Learn Office or Windows
Twenty years ago I would have considered this a decent learning tool. But users have many far better options for learning Office 2010 than this product.

Published on December 18, 2012 by Conspicuous Consumer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 9, 2012
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)
I think this is a very effective way of learning Windows 8 and Office 2010 and at a great price. The lessons don't assume you have any knowledge of the programs so all the beginning topics are covered which was good for me. I learned many things I never knew after using the Office programs for some time. Well worth your time just for learning Windows 8. I was kinda negative on using Windows 8 until I got into the training. Now I'm a big fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have shipped with Windows 8, April 25, 2013
J. Phillips (Booneville, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)
First off, I am a certified IT tech so I know my way around Windows machines. Windows 8 is very different from the earlier versions of windows, so much so, that I felt the need to seek an instruction book for it. I caught this on sale here on Amazon a few months ago and couldn't be happier with it. The windows 8 training is a great tool and just about a must for those new to Windows 8. I haven't tried the office training yet but I plan on going through it in the future when I acquire the program. If you are struggling with Windows 8 then get this!!! You won't regret it.

Do note that you MUST have a screen resolution of at least 1024x768 to use this program. Some mini laptops and old monitors cannot do this resolution so check your screen resolution before buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best Way To Learn Office or Windows, December 18, 2012
Conspicuous Consumer (Georgia Regents University) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)

Office 2010 does require training. I used it for a month before I figured out where they moved some of the Excel print functions. I went through 8 hours of online training with Word before I switched to it and I have taught Office at a graduate level.

I found the training with this software to be slow, clunky, and not very useful. There is no animation, only verbal and written instructions and prompts that occasionally appear. It wasn't always clear if you were supposed to do something or just click next.

I was unable to uninstall the software either through Windows or the application itself. I finally used JV16 PowerTools to remove all traces.

Instead, I recommend that you subscribe to Lynda dot com. For $25 you have access to all their video training for one month (might be able to get the first month free). You don't have to download anything to your computer, the training is broken down into small segments so you can target exactly what you need, the training is as fast clipped as you want it to be and you can see exactly what you need to do.

Or for free, go to the Microsoft website and use their training materials.

I do IT training and I can't recommend this software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but..., December 10, 2013
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)
Fifteen windows and business applications for under $30 is a pretty good deal, even if you don't use all the tutorials. Like a previous reviewer, I was a little unimpressed that the interface wasn't much more advanced than simple demo videos you see to learn an application. Much worse, the tutorials assume the user does know some Windows (eg. how to maximize and minimize a window) and will not let the user progress past a point if she does not perform a task (so will get stuck if she doesn't understand how to perform it). However, it *does* do the heavy lifting of verbally and visually teaching Windows and other applications, definitely much preferable to having to watch over a new user and answering their questions all the time! I also found it ironic that installing the software would probably be beyond the ability of a user who most needs this product. Thus, I recommend that an more experienced Windows user (ie. someone who can at least install software) be available to assist the user whenever he or she needs a nudge in getting through a tutorial. It's certainly made *my* life easier!

3.0 out of 5 stars Individual Software Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 - Disappointed, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)
I bought this used so you get what you pay for. Came in good condition, but couldn't download Excel 2010.

3.0 out of 5 stars Software OK, Windows 8 not., December 28, 2012
This review is from: Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 (DVD-ROM)
The software was OK, its just that Windows 8 just doesn't work for the average person. I'm going to install 7 on my new computer as it is more user friendly for the casual user.

Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8
Professor Teaches Office 2010 and Windows 8 by Individual Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$39.99 $9.21