Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: Flat 100CMColor: BlackChange

on April 27, 2015
Purchased to tidy up a Cobb Accessport install in a 2003 Subaru WRX. This cable completely disappears within the OBDII socket under the dash, so much so that removal of the connector appears extremely difficult. To avoid problems down the road, I crisscrossed a long twist tie under/over the male end creating a pull tab for later down the line. A metal ring incorporated into the housing would be the perfect solution. Otherwise, works as intended.
review image
on February 26, 2015
Great, allowed me to hide the GPS tracker up inside the dash so that my dishonest wife can't find it.
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2013
It's very low profile and the ribbon cable is thin and flexible. This is exactly what I was looking for. I keep my Tactrix plugged in all the time for logging and this allows me to hide it in my dash with no visible wires and no more hitting it with my left leg. I've been using it for months without a problem.
on March 23, 2014
The thin ribbon cable is fantastic, easy to tuck away. It does split the signal. However, 2 devices will NOT display the same parameters. I have an Edge programer in my truck (F150) displaying some stuff but they will not display at the same time in Torque using a Bluetooth adapter on the other leg. With a little fiddling, i will eventually get both devices to display all that i want but i gave it a 4 because that's my payment for being a guinea-pig for them. Now they know and should put that in the description (but don't hold your breath).
33 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2013
Bought this to attach the Automatic iPhone sensor to my Volvo. I had to buy a flat cable because the OBD port in my car is located in the armrest, so the flat cable allows me to have a better fit in the armrest, without it, my armrest will not fully close.
on December 28, 2013
Simple review:

This cable is passive so of course it works, nothing special about it, will work on any OBDII port, device. (don't connect up 10 of these though and assume it will operate, 1 extension is all I tested).

I have on my Generic Orange/Blue/Black MOACC Wireless(WiFi) ELM327 OBDII reader. Some cars have an obdII port hat is pointed in a way where a 4" device wont be a problem, not the FR-S/BRZ, it down into your right leg so makes it hard to drive. this little bad boy helped me relocate the reader into my glove box.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Works

Cons:
- none .. well I guess other than I needed it at all but really no this product's fault, after all it saved me ... I'm rambling again aren't I?
on October 10, 2014
Works as designed, but it is sort of useless because I can't have two things plugged in at the same time, which is the whole reason I bought the cable.
Either the quickest device will connect to OBD or the devices will interfere with each other and neither will connect. I tried modifying the cable by connecting PIN 16 to an ON-OFF-ON switch to supply power to only one side of the cable at a time - still didn't work - seems that the disabled device still receives enough power through the signal wiring that it interferes with communication by the 'active' device.

Will next experiment with a 2 pole or 3 pole switch to disable ground and/or ISO signal bus as well. I've looked all over and can't find any product that comes with a toggle switch.
on November 21, 2013
I needed an extension that could fit in a tight place and be very flexible. This fit the bill exactly.
on April 11, 2014
i have an elm27 wifi OBD2 reader and the Automatic bluetooth. both will power up when connected but i can only communicate with one of them. tried multiple times.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
The ultra low profile design is great for routing the cables within your vehicle. Cord length allows for flexibility. No issues at all.