5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Profit sharing is a must have for you and your future spouse. It guides you through the changes and experiences with sharing your wealth
Published 15 months ago by Porsche Kristina

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but unremarkable...
Published on September 5, 2011 by Chad Oberholtzer

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but unremarkable..., September 5, 2011
Chad Oberholtzer (State College, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
I like Gary Chapman's books about marriage, so I was excited to read what he had to say about family finances. Ultimately, I found "Profit Sharing" to offer biblically sound and financially responsible advice for Christian couples. But I was disappointed that he didn't really offer anything substantial that I haven't heard many times before from Larry Burkett or Dave Ramsey. Maybe I shouldn't have expected anything grandiose or ground-breaking, since Chapman is a counselor and not a financial consultant. But, if that's a valid rationale for lowered expectations, it leaves me wondering why he bothered to write a book outside his area of expertise.

To be fair, I thought the highlight of the book was Chapman's creative suggestions for spending less money. I think this is an area where far too many people miss opportunities to get their financial house in order, through buying clearance items, using coupons, purchasing used items, and other such strategies. Chapman was specific in listing and describing those approaches, and this seemed to be the most useful part of the book.

For any Christians who are really serious about improving their financial situation, I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's stuff, especially his Financial Peace University. It's much more comprehensive and specific than what Chapman offers in "Profit Sharing" and has numerous particular applications to marriage. But if you have never read anything from a Christian perspective on money and marriage, Chapman offers a solid, decent place to start. I doubt that it will change your life, but it might help to plant some seeds that will move you in the direction of strengthening your marriage and solidifying your financial standing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, October 7, 2013
This review is from: Profit Sharing: The Chapman Guide to Making Money an Asset in Your Marriage (Chapman Guides) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 30, 2009
KQ "KA" (GA United States) - See all my reviews
I really liked the author Gary Chapman and looked into this series, every book has great view points.

Used & New from: $0.01