4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, very responsive. Software, no so much
First off, I will let you know that I received this mouse from Anker in exchange for my honest opinion about the product.

Published 13 months ago by Bob Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars I Received a Used Mouse
Published 1 month ago by Gift Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, very responsive. Software, no so much, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Anker® Gaming Mouse, 7 Programmable Buttons, up to 2000 DPI, 5 User Profiles (bound to specific games), Omron Micro Switches (Personal Computers)

When I received the product, I was very impressed with the packaging to start off. It is very well presented in the box and it contained a lot of information about the product. After unboxing, I was kind of surprised that there was no software for the mouse included. The reason it surprised me was the the packaging was showing it off. So I started doing some searching, read the instruction manual. Ah-ok, it seems that I can download the software from the ianker.com site. Cool, save money on media costs, good idea! I go to the Anker site, search around, finally found the mouse, but nothing that says mouse software (Options for Manual and Driver). So off to youtube I go to see if someone else can point me in the right direction. Newer product, so I don't find the exact model up for review, but it says to get the driver link, in the description, to get the software. BANG! Got it!

Plug the mouse in, plug and play kicks in and installs. I run the driver download and the software installs. Ok, now I start looking at it, trying to figure out the whole thing. The software seemed very easy to use at first, but ended up with me having a lot of questions. First, I knew that the mouse was 2000DPI at its highest, but the software was showing a possible 4000DPI and an active setting of 2500DPI. What's up? So I went in based on my knowledge of the 2000DPI. I attempted to setup a profile (Out of 5 possible) for the mouse using BF3 settings that I like. I switch up the buttons, set the different DPI ranges (2000, 1500, 1000, 500 Top to bottom), link it to the .exe for the game, and saved it. Minimized the software, loaded up BF3.

I hopped into an empty server at first (My personal one "Taco Barn" (side note, any help to populate it would be nice!). I decided to run through the buttons to make sure they were functioning correctly. I had them set like this for trial:

Wheel click: Main Weapon
Back Thumb: Melee
Front Thumb: Pistol

I went through a normal progression, full clip main weapon, burst main weapon, switch to pistol, fire of a few rounds, switch to main weapon, fire full auto, melee. At least that is what I expected to do (my normal routine after setting up any mouse settings for the game). None of the buttons responded. :( I messed with the settings a little more in the Anker app, still no dice. So to get my review on the road, I adjusted the settings in BF3. Ran through the progression again, mouse worked flawlessly.

During my test I was set to the highest DPI (based on the colors that the box showed for each setting). Which brings me to something I LOVE about this mouse. I come from using a Logitech G5, which also has changeable DPI settings. It is awesome to take peripheral look at the mouse and know what DPI I am set on. If I am sniping, a change in DPI helps with getting that precision shot, but when I am running and gunning, the precision is not needed as much (full auto bursts help a lot more). But the problem again comes in that I can't set the DPI changes up and have them function like I want with the software.

So back to the mouse. It is very lightweight. It does not have a weight system, Anker does have an option that does though. I ran my G5 with no weights so the weight of this one was roughly the same. This mouse looks WAY COOLER than my G5. It fit in my hand very well, a lot like my G5, but I feel like this one has a lower profile, I don't feel it on my palm very much. The buttons are quick to respond and are easy to get to. There is no hesitation that I noticed in the movement of the mouse. The braided cord was just like my G5, so that nice as I didn't need to worry so much about snagging. The design and lights of the mouse add to the coolness factor and I love the cut out design between the two main buttons.

Pros:
Lighting allows for peripheral view of DPI setting
Lightweight and ergonomic (fits really good in your hand)
Buttons are easily accessible and responsive
Braided cord
Gold Plated USB connector

Cons:
The software (it could just be something I'm doing, but there is not really anything that explains it). All my illness about this product is for this software. I know it could be good if I could get it to work right.
I think it would be cool to be able to switch to profiles, on the fly, without having to have them bound to a game. For example, I could setup a different profile for each kit in BF3, maybe I want my thumb button to drop a medic pack vs melee? Just a thought.
Macros. I tried to set one up in the software that would pull the pistol, fire 3 bursts, then melee, but I could not use the mouse button in the macro? I found that kinda weird.

Overall, I would say this is a great mouse. The DPI levels are pretty average with some of the more expensive mice out there. The ability to switch DPI on the fly is good, but again available in almost all gaming mice these days. The color difference on the settings is the key to this feature on this mouse. I have switched off of my G5 and will be using this mouse going forward. If I can get the software to work like I was hoping, I may come back and adjust the review.

ANKER: Change the link on the site to include the work Software so that we know it is the drivers and software please. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, perfect for a low budget PC gamer., July 17, 2013
Subject says it all, perfect for a low budget PC gamer like myself. It has 7 buttons in total, including the left, right, and scroll click plus 4 more. The software needs to be downloaded, its a small download. Although I know how to program every button differently (including macros for the buttons, like "ctrl + 3" for example) I am not sure how to use the part of the software that lets you have different buttons mean different things automatically when running different programs. But, that is fine for me. In case you are not sure how the coloring works, basically the mouse illuminates any 1 of 4 colors. You can leave it with its defaults, were every color means a different DPI, or you can make them all the same DPI and just switch between whatever color you feel like, either by click or the software. Basically... simple, cheap, and neat. 5 - stars for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars I Received a Used Mouse, June 2, 2014
There was a piece of tape to keep that actual box that contained the mouse, not the shipping box, over the original (broken) seal. I didn't really care because I know these things happen; I'm paying money for the mouse to be intact, not the box. What was really troubling when I opened the box was finding little black and white shaving. The white shaving looked like someone's dandruff. Lastly, the zip tie that kept the cord wired together was messed with since leaving the factory. All of these observations lead me to believe that this is not a new mouse. I'm dissapointed that I did not receive a new mouse even though I paid for it.

The mouse itself is great. It feels good in hand, has a solid construction. Compared to the $80 razar mouses, I might prefer this one based on feel and usability. I mainly use this mouse for TF2 and Counter Strike where people who play MMO's might want something that has more key bindings.

Surfing the web with this thing is amazing. I think all of the buttons are in prime position to be useful and practical at the same time.

Overall a good mouse(I give it a 5/5), but let down by paying for a new mouse and receiving a used one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but not a MX518 replacement - GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!, April 14, 2014
Overall the mouse feels good and scroll wheel is smooth but I wanted a replacement for my really old (and still working) MX518. Unfortunately this is not it. I use all the buttons on my MX518 and bind them and this is missing the buttons above and belove the scroll wheel. I know I could get use to it but after gaming and using my MX518 for work for 7+ years, I'd rather just get the updated Logitech version of the MX518 if I had to do it again.

Lights look cool and drivers seem pretty easy to use. I wasn't able to figure out how to change the colors though.

*UPDATE* While the mouse did not deliver what I wanted/needed, Anker customer service did! +1 star for going above and beyond for the customer.

*UPDATE 2* I just got my FREE replacement mouse from Anker (Anker Programmable Gaming Laser Mouse with 5000 DPI, 11 Programmable Button, Weight Tuning Cartridge, Omron Micro Switches) and got to say it's a great replacement for my old MX518. +1 star to Anker for coming thru and ensuring one of it's customer is fully satisfied. Great job! I will be buying from you guys in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars great mouse, August 5, 2013
Pros:
-Price
-Weight
-Sensitivity
-Precision
-Macro capabilities
-Great customer service by Anker

Cons:
-Anker logo color switch is hidden when in you, as you hand covers it – thus it would have been nice to be able to customize either/or the DPI switch and scroll wheel colors too.
-Profile switch is located at the bottom – realistically I much prefer this, however I know some might prefer it to be more accessible at the top of the mouse

over all great mouse and i hope they wont stop making it

5.0 out of 5 stars Started out bad, ended excellent, April 14, 2014
buggy software that crashes every time you change a setting. after a couple of days the wheel now squeaks periodically.

Edit:

Manufacturer read review shortly after I posted the original. They contacted me and sent s replacement that arrived within 2 days and so far is working great.

Before connecting the new mouse I disconnected the squeaky one, uninstalled the driver package, rebooted, reinstalled and rebooted again then plugged in the new mouse. Software no longer crashing and I am able to adjust all the settings for the mouse.

I have changed the original rating from a 3 to a 5 (sometimes you get a bad one), thanks Sunnie @ AnkerDirect for the support!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the most comfortable..., October 24, 2013
Douglas Cox (Apex, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This is a nice mouse, but it's not the most comfortable to hold in my hand. There's a bigger gap between the buttons so I feel like my fingers are spread out more. There's also a slightly rough edge on the side that my index finger seems to rub against. Other than that it seems pretty well built and easy to configure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker gaming mouse (2000 DPI) is a treasure, June 19, 2013
First of all, I have to say: this Precision Gaming Mouse Up to 2000 DPI is definitely worth the price. I know that a lot of people want to buy stuff that is worth the price, and it is totally safe to buy this Anker gaming mouse if you are one of them. The thing is, this product matches the quality of a mouse that may worth $69.99 or more.
I own a Razer Deathadder 3.5G (priced $69.99, one of the top selling gaming mouse on Amazon, and has very high ratings) that I have been using for the past year or so, and when I first saw the picture of this Anker mouse, I realized that the design of it must have been heavily influenced by Razer. Now that I have received this product, there are a couple of things that I would like to point out in comparison to Razer Deathadder. I will refer to the Anker gaming mouse as A, and Razer Deathadder as R in the following comparison.
1. Size, shape, weight, finish: A is almost exactly the size of an R, but a little heavier. I'm pretty big on the weight of a product, so I think A has done a fabulous job here to show the quality of its material. Furthermore, both A and R are made of similar materials (top part), and they feel nearly the same in regards to comfort level. There isn't any "cheap" details I can find so far.
2. Installation, performance: Not much to say here - installation is as easy as any other gaming mice, and perform as good as it should be (runs as it says on the specs).
3. Ideal users: Given the price of the product, I would recommend everyone to use this mouse unless they want a higher DPI. However, I would say that those who with big hands would enjoy more using this mouse because I found it a little tiring it used for a long period of time (I have small hands for a guy).
4. Impressive features: the light that goes on and off through the "cracks" on the top of the mouse is exceptionally impressive. Razer Deathadder has this feature too, but Anker has taken it to a whole other level - the color of the light changes as DPI being adjusted indicating current DPI - it's both beautiful and helpful. Speaking of DPI adjustment, the switch next to the scroll is very convenient. Even if you don't want to adjust DPI, it's cool just to switch around and see the light change.
Overall, this is a well-built, respectable, and inspirational product - not only as a $20 mouse, but as a quality gaming mouse (2000 DPI is average tho).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mouse. 4 Colors with 3 brightness settings or ..., July 7, 2014
Great Mouse. 4 Colors with 3 brightness settings or you can just turn it completely off. Good Design and build quality especially for the low price. It is durable i have moved it several times from my home to my work and it doesn't even have a scratch on it. Very comfortable I have moderately large hands so its hard to find a mouse that is comfortable for longer than 30 minutes of use. I use it mostly for gaming ex: Arma II, League of Legends, War Thunder. It works great for these and you can change the DPI settings on the fly by just clicking a button. I Haven't gotten a chance to set up macros so I don't know how well the software they give you works. Overall it's a great mouse I've gotten multiple compliments on how cool it looks and it's very comfortable. I'm not sure why its so cheap but it is definitely worth more than $19.99. Will definitely buy Anker products in the future. hail satan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, love the feel of it, July 24, 2013
I really love this mouse. I purchased it for myself, and i got it pretty quick! I cant really think of any cons, except for the fact that if you have tiny hands like me, this mouse wont be the best "fit" It wont fit like a glove, but I've gotten used to it. I really do love how the cord is the braided type. Less chances of me (with two large dogs) breaking it. The software for this isnt THE BEST, but I really like how you can create different profiles for the mouse.I havent had any other difficulties with it, but overall I think this is a great mouse for the gamers out there. plus it isnt all that expensive.

Rate and Discover Movies