Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digi...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 60% off the $249.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth
- Configure up to 18 personalized presets to optimize game, chat and mic audio for different gaming situations
- Pairing Bluetooth Wireless Chat allows you to chat wirelessly on the PlayStation Network
- Widen or narrow the sound field to focus on sound cues that are difficult to hear-like footsteps sneaking up on you
- Disguise your voice by changing the sound from deep lows to screeching highs
- Enjoy total silence by eliminating ambient noise pickup on your mic and cutting background noise from PSN or Xbox LIVE chat sound
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
To compete with the best players, you need the best equipment. PX51 gives you the Turtle Beach audio advantage with interference-free, Dual-Band Wi-Fi Wireless and powerful, Dual-Stage Audio Processing for immersive Dolby Digital Surround Sound.
Stream music to your headset via Bluetooth, enjoy incredible theatre audio with the new Movie preset and take your headset anywhere connected to your phone, tablet or portable game system. With up to 15 hours of continuous play from the rechargeable battery, you'll play longer and rise to the top of the leaderboards even faster. With over 35 years of audio experience, the PX51 is the most advanced gaming audio system Turtle Beach has ever created.
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage
Turtle Beach's revolutionary digital signal processor allows gamers to enhance and personalize the entire gaming audio experience with fully customizable game, chat and mic signals with the creation of audio presets. The custom audio presets stored in the Ear Force PX5 headset can be selected during specific parts of the game to emphasize any sound for a competitive advantage or deeper immersion experience. Download the Turtle Beach-created audio presets for all the top game titles out or get the audio presets developed by your peers from the Turtle Beach website to fully equip yourself to be able to hear everything and defeat everyone.
Ear Force PX51 Key Features
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound: 360 degree audio to pinpoint the direction of every sound
- Truly Wireless Chat: Enjoy complete wireless freedom with no chat cables using Bluetooth for PSN Chat
- Audio Presets: From the only company offering game-specific sound enhancements
- Play on Anything: Never have teammates drowned out by loud, sudden noises
- Stream your Music and Answer Calls: Swap game audio with music and never miss calls via Bluetooth
- Dynamic Chat Boost: Never have teammates drowned out by loud, sudden noises.
Pinpoint the direction of every sound with amazing accuracy using the 360 degree 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound that is packed into the PX5.
Cord Free Entertainment
Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for any chat cables using Bluetooth for chat on PlayStation Network.
Turtle Beach allows you to enhance various game sounds for a competitive advantage or deeper immersion via 18 pre-installed switchable audio presets.
Go from a console player on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 to a PC or Mac gamer to playing on your smartphone, tablet or mobile gaming device and back again quickly.
Play Your Music and Never Miss Calls
Take advantage of Bluetooth and you can replace the game soundtrack with your own music or take phone calls while never leaving the game.
Advanced Chat Technology
Turtle Beach offers chat volume that automatically increases as the game volume gets louder so your teammates are never drowned out by sudden explosions.
Top Customer Reviews
The one thing I wanted to share were two points about the setup process and how to integrate this into your existing home theatre for those of you who use your PS3 as the DVD/Blu-ray player in your Home Theatre.
For both of these points it's important to first understand the wire connections between the PX5 to your PS3. You'll use:
(1) the included toslink cable to connect your PS3 optical audio out to the PX5 optical audio port;
(2) the included USB cable to connect an open PS3 USB jack to the PX5 power jack (this one kind of stinks because USB is on the front of your PS3 which makes hiding the wires a bit harder).
The instructions for the PX5 are not completely clear on the fact that there are 2 steps to getting the Audio and Voice Chat to work. Which, if you're like me, will mean you'll start up COD and end up with a very nice headset for chat but hear no game sounds.
1) For voice chat, the instructions are out of order - you first Bluetooth pair the PX5 headset to your PS3 (using the provided instructions and the PS3 menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Manage Bluetooth Devices); and THEN set your PS3 to use the PX5 headset for voice chat (using the provided instructions and the PS3 menu Settings > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings). Don't be confused that the Audio Device Settings having the Output Device means you'll get the game sounds through the headphones - this only sends chat output to the headphones.Read more ›
If you have the money or can scrape up the money and you play a lot of MP type games, you really need a good headset to step up your game. Being able to know someone is coming, how close the might be, and what direction they are coming from really helps. Even if you just play on campaigns, these headsets really help to immerse yourself into the game's environment.
The biggest plus with any headset for speakers is being able to play games loudly without keeping everyone else awake. More importantly, if you play games that has harsh language and you have kids, then you keep them from accidentally hearing it.
Well, a few weeks of use now. I use them with the 360 and so far, I am averaging 10 to 12 hours of use before replacing the batteries. I use rechargeable NiMH batteries. The best feature they added to this headset, that the other models did not have, is they finally give you a warning your batteries are about to die.
The sound is still great. I have tried the various presets and they really help depending on what type of game you play. Still highly recommended.
My best friend had those headphones but returned them because of this hissing, cracking sound that was god awful. However, TB has rid of this problem as it is no longer happening in the PX5s. THIS IS HUGE. If you do your research you will see a plethora of complaints about the X41s having this issue.
Further, if you are really into FPS games such as killzone, COD, BFBC2 etc, then you will appreciate some of the presets such as silent footsteps; some presets really immerse you in the game. Some ppl speculated that the presets may just be a gimmick or ploy from TB but INDEED THEY ARE NOT AND THEY WORK.
NOTE: Make sure to use ninjo pro on BO to really get the advantage or else you will end up hearing the sound of YOUR OWN footsteps, which is not desirable.
Lastly, you should know that MLG recommends the ASTRO A40s, which are also awesome but come with an even heftier price tag of 350+[(when you include the wireless option. Of course, these are wireless and have more features (voice changer, downloading more presets, comes with DUAL bluetooth capabilities which is something that you CANNOT get on the astros)]. The latter feature helps a lot since my gf likes to bother me while I'm gaming and my Android can be answered by a click of a button through the PX5s; pretty cool, eh?!
Also it is helpful for you to know that the Astros are known for really good Ambient sound and Narration. Also, the astros made an improvement with their 2011 edition giving better bass containment then they offered before.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very staticky. Sound goes in and out because of poor Bluetooth connection even when the base is 3 feet away. Overpriced for the quality.Published 3 months ago by Charlie
Still using these daily - years later, just now getting around to reviewing.
You can't go wrong with this headset - it is fully programmable and Fantastic sounding! Read more
I've had these for about 5 years now and they've never let me down. You may think that after all those years the headset would wear off or break but none of this has happened so... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Hnij