Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 55 questions
votes
votes
Yes, you will need this cable (or equivalent) for using CHIRP to program your radio. Just make sure that once you configure the computer to the cable you need to use the same USB port every time you connect the radio to the computer, and to turn the radio off before connecting.
Apr 23, 2014 by DEN77
votes
No, it is for programming the radio via the spkr/mic jacks using USB data lines. Although some of our modern devices will recharge via a USB connection, these radios will not.
Oct 24, 2013 by Steve A Fehlhaber
vote
Yes, it works on Windows 8.1. I had no issues-new laptop.
Sep 8, 2014 by Stacey Mathews
vote
Yes, this is the cable you need to program the BF-888S and all Baofeng and Kenwood radios. . If you run into a problem, go to http://www.miklor.com/BF888 . There you will find current Drivers, Software and a Readable Manual.
Oct 11, 2013 by Radman Ron
votes
Yes it works with Macs. This appears to be a genuine Prolific chip/cable. My PC recognized it with no "yellow triangles" and the Mac worked fine once I used the right driver. Go to: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41 and download the genuine driver: md_PL2303_MacOSX-10.6up_v1.5.1.zip. Be sure to follow the old driver uninstall instructions in the readme. Then install the package and then look again in the driver directories identified in the readme to be sure the Prolific drivers installed. Then install Chirp, and make sure you install the Python runtime that Macs need for Chirp.
Feb 14, 2014 by Sporty
votes
b5 Sep 19, 2013
Sorry. I haven't been able to make it work.
Sep 20, 2013 by Norm Osborne
votes
What is a Cobra Channel 11 radio? Is that GMRS? FRS? MURS? The compatibility of radios depends on the frequencies. The UV-5R+ is a VHF / UHF Radio. If it is GMRS you can type in the frequency or use the cables. If it is an FRS frequency it is illegal due to the maximum output requirement at a half watt and I would recommend against that. If it is MURS just have the power always set to low. You do not need the cable for any of this but I recommend it. You would need to use a software like Chirp to do it. You might have to also play with the tones to figure out the correct tone if they have one in.
Dec 29, 2013 by Jam3s
votes
It might, but I can't get mine to work. Spring for a better one.
Oct 29, 2014 by Ellimist
votes
Not that I know of, the program that bofung sells with its cable is junk, trash it. The Chirp works fine.
Oct 27, 2014 by Charles Bouton
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers