5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published on January 31, 2012 by J. Marren

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction
It broke after less than two months of gentle use. Where the green and white parts meet has separated. The concept is great, and I like it's ability to fold, but it's worthless if it breaks so quickly.

Published 17 months ago by CityMama

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Progressive CSS-2 Green Collapsible Salad Spinner - 3 Quart Capacity (Kitchen)
I've gone through several salad spinners--I tend to spin salad "vigorously"--and I've broken several handles as a result. After over a month of daily use, this has stood up to my abuse! It spins easily (thus not putting pressure on the handle) and feels very sturdy. As another reviewer noted, pieces of lettuce don't get caught on the inside due to the smooth inside surface of the spinner. The collapsible feature is a plus. Just FYI, the 3 qt model is big enough for four good sized salads.

5.0 out of 5 stars like it a lot!, October 10, 2011
I really like this salad spinner, it works great, dries as well as a full size but collapses. It saves a couple inches of storage space, which I never have enough of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, November 28, 2011
Betsy (North Pole, Alaska United States) - See all my reviews
I needed a spinner that was collapsible, and this one fits the bill. It works well and does a great job spinning the water out of greens, looks nice, and is easy to store either open of collapsed. The spinning handle is compact, yet easy to operate. I am very happy with this spinner and would recommend it as high quality, good price, and good service through Amazon.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salad Spinner Makes My World Go 'Round, March 11, 2012
Before I got this amazing device that collapses onto itself like a supernova, yet unlike the supernova, doesn't include a blast radius, I was a sad, sad, salad eater. Clean yes, yet limp, wet & forlorn lettuce cast a pall over my nightly vegetable intake. Then I got the CSS!!! (Collapsible Salad Spinner) Suddenly my greens were animated, cheerful & best of all, not wet! (By 'not wet', I mean 'dry') Suddenly the world made sense: I was able to understand Sanskrit and divide by zero and listen to the Republican debates without throwing heavy objects at my television. This product is rugged, durable, and easy to clean (unless you are a slothful lazybones, like my boyfriend. My boyfriend, is, however, also very rugged, durable and easy to clean, and besides he's good at other things...). It has RPM's which I think might be in 'the millions' but which my BF claims is more like, in 'the hundreds'. He lacks my creative visionary spark. Aaaaaanywayyyyyy, there are no downsides to this product. Seriously. And by 'seriously', I mean, 'not facetiously'.Indeed, the CSS has made my life better, AND more economical (TV's are expensive!). You should buy one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Salad Spinner, January 30, 2012
Lorraine DeMartino (Glendale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Love it and easy to use. Doesn't have the cord where you have to worry about it breaking. The fact that it is collapsible is great for those with limited storage space.

4.0 out of 5 stars as you see, December 13, 2011
This product works well. It is simple to use, easy to clean, and it stores flat. Plus it looks good enough for serving. Recommended for those who like salad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it Love it Love it, December 15, 2012
Bopaticu (Bakersfield, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This salad spinner is excellent quality and works great. It is so nice to have such a useful tool not take up more than its share of cabinet space. It is a bit of a trick to get it popped into shape and then collapsed back down to put it away, but after about 10 uses the flexible plastic has relaxed a little and is easier to do.
I have never put it in the dishwasher, and I'm not surprised it wouldn't survive long, as some other reviewers have stated. It's rubberized plastic and dishwashers can get pretty hot. it's easy to hand wash and air dry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor construction, February 18, 2013

Follow-up dated 6/2/14: We got a replacement inside from the company after I wrote the first review (we initiated), and it too has completely separated. Clearly, this product is not durable, as I would say we only used it on a semi-regular basis. Keep looking!

1.0 out of 5 stars spinner broke, June 19, 2012
I only used my spinner less than a a month before the handled broke. I will be sending this item back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and small, April 22, 2012
This is smaller than my last spinner but much sturdier. It's not really easy to collapse but don't really need to because it's not that big. I really like it! It does it's job!

Progressive CSS-2 Green Collapsible Salad Spinner - 3 Quart Capacity