Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 19, 2010
OMG! This worked PERFECTLY! I made King Crab Legs this weekend for the Vikings game and I bought some OXO pickers, 3 of these scissors and a couple of nice crackers. Well we ended up only using the scissors! I never once had to use the crackers or the pickers. Becuase you can cut all the way down to the tip of the leg, I mean the VERY tip, the meat kept coming out in large, in tact chunky pieces - PERFECT! You don't need anything else when cracking open crab legs. This is a MUST buy for any crab leg lover. I would even go as far as to bring them to a restaurant if I knew I was havings crab legs. I am actually mad I bought all the other seafood items - LOL! We are looking forward to having crab legs again, very soon, because of the ease of getting all that sweet meat out - YUM - in record time!
on April 23, 2013
Previously, i purchased this seafood scissor from Amazon in October 2012.
Yes ! This seafood scissors is well-made ​​things, and very useful.

At this time, i decided to buy three more same scissors.
But, after opened the box, I was disappointed to see the scissors ... It is different from screen photos.
This is not the scissors that I bought in the past.

It's shape is quite different. The blades are shorter.

After these scissors was delivered, I confirmed the internet photos(Amazone product detail) once again. There was a picture of scissor, I wanted to buy. not a deliverd thing.
I don't know what the problem is.

Anyway, I will return.
on July 12, 2007
These might be a tad big for Maryland blue claw crabs but for dungeness crabs (about 6 1/2 inches across at the shell) they are perfect. You may still want a nut cracker for crushing and the nut pickers or some crab/seafood forks for picking out the meat, but for opening up the bigger pieces without mashing the meat or spraying crab juice all over the place you can't beat these.

You'll probably want a pair of these seafood scissors per 3 people as you can easily share them around the table.

They are also great for opening up the back of the larger shrimp to pull the "vein".
review image review image
on January 13, 2010
If you're like me, you've gotten used to eating cold crab meat because it takes 10 minutes+ to dissect your crab legs to get to it. I knew we were eating king crab legs for Christmas this year, and I wanted to actually enjoy it. So I did my research and eventually purchased the Progressive International Seafood Scissors. I can't say enough how good of an investment these have been! For the first time, I was able to enjoy warm crab meat! The Progressive International Seafood Scissors were huge hit with my family, and before long we were passing them back and forth like crazy. My father liked them so much, that I now plan to buy him his own as a gift for Father's day. Definitely buy this product!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 17, 2010
These scissors can make preparing seafood a more trouble free, and enjoyable experience. The blades are relatively narrow, and slightly curved, so they can split shrimp, or easily slide into a crab leg. The blades are only about 2.5 inches long, so when you close the handles, you have good control, and plenty of cutting force is applied. The scissors will cut through most shells and joints without too much effort. Struggling with wet, slippery seafood is no fun. With this, you should be able to slice open crab legs, and other shellfish quickly, and more safely, reducing your food preparation time.

The blades are stainless steel, so with proper care, they should last for a long time. The handles have a nice orange rubber grip, that helps keep your fingers from sliding, even when they are wet. The orange handles are a combination of hard plastic, and a soft thermoplastic rubber at the fingerholes for a more secure grip. On the inside of the pivot point, there is a serrated saw-toothed section that can be used to crack shells.

Relatively inexpensive, and very well constructed and designed, if you prepare seafood, you will probably be very pleased with this tool. It also makes a great gift, and is currently eligible for Amazon's 4 for 3 promotion, and super saver shipping. So if you like, you can stock up and save big.
on November 11, 2013
I ordered three of these scissors after reading the reviews on America's Test Kitchen. They said they were available at Williams Sonoma for $9.95. When I saw that these are selling right here for $44 + shipping I was surprised. Williams Sonoma does not carry the product anymore. But Crate & Barrel has them for $8.95. They got my order. Where someone gets the rocks to charge $44 for a $10 item is a mystery to me. I bought these scissors for shrimp. I prefer my Joyce Chen scissors for crab and lobster.
on November 23, 2014
Disappointed with this item. We make fried lobster tail and butterfly the meat onto the shell for a nice presentation-these were about to break when being used to cut down the center-ended up using our current culinary scissors. Could have done without this purchase. If cutting veggies is your goal for this then it'll do the job I suppose but for anything else forget it!
on July 21, 2008
These are really good. Lightweight and easily maneuverable. The curved blade works well with raw shrimp too. I would however, suggest shopping the web and you'll find these MUCH cheaper than the retailer here.
on July 18, 2012
This tool was well thought out, sturdy and delicate. Shelling shrimp, even the ones where the shell is mostly already cut, is a breeze with this. It looks too sturdy, but is delicate and sharp to get into the end of the tail accurately with 31-40 /lb. size shrimp, and is precise enough, I believe, for even smaller ones. Reversal of the blade curve relative to the handle permits the user to do the finger work right through the handle without having to set the tool down.
As to crab, the tool is clearly sturdy enough. I will never crack crab legs again.
However, these are not cheap, so your strategy has to come into play. If you live in an area where shrimp and crab are cheap and plentiful, or if your budget is generous, you can equip each diner with his/her own. If your budget is more modest, one or two of these will allow the cooks to fairly quickly cut the shells, leaving a simple task for diners.
on December 21, 2011
I use these for shelling shrimp. The great thing about the is that you do not have to put the scissors down after you make the initial cut down the back. There is enough room so that you can extend your fingers through the grips so that you can use your fingers to remove the shell. You are ready then for the next shrimp with out having to pick up the scissors again. Get a set of four with the 4 for 3 deal and get one free. Highly recommended.