5.0 out of 5 stars Never need another seafood tool at the table!
Published on January 19, 2010 by R. Rucker

1.0 out of 5 stars different scissors from screen photo !!
Previously, i purchased this seafood scissor from Amazon in October 2012.
Yes ! This seafood scissors is well-made ​​things, and very useful.

At this time, i decided to buy three more same scissors.
But, after opened the box, I was disappointed to see the scissors ... It is different from screen photos.
This is not the scissors that I...
Published 21 months ago by Park

5.0 out of 5 stars Never need another seafood tool at the table!, January 19, 2010
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
OMG! This worked PERFECTLY! I made King Crab Legs this weekend for the Vikings game and I bought some OXO pickers, 3 of these scissors and a couple of nice crackers. Well we ended up only using the scissors! I never once had to use the crackers or the pickers. Becuase you can cut all the way down to the tip of the leg, I mean the VERY tip, the meat kept coming out in large, in tact chunky pieces - PERFECT! You don't need anything else when cracking open crab legs. This is a MUST buy for any crab leg lover. I would even go as far as to bring them to a restaurant if I knew I was havings crab legs. I am actually mad I bought all the other seafood items - LOL! We are looking forward to having crab legs again, very soon, because of the ease of getting all that sweet meat out - YUM - in record time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best crab crackers for mid to large size crab, July 12, 2007
G. Powell (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
These might be a tad big for Maryland blue claw crabs but for dungeness crabs (about 6 1/2 inches across at the shell) they are perfect. You may still want a nut cracker for crushing and the nut pickers or some crab/seafood forks for picking out the meat, but for opening up the bigger pieces without mashing the meat or spraying crab juice all over the place you can't beat these.

You'll probably want a pair of these seafood scissors per 3 people as you can easily share them around the table.

They are also great for opening up the back of the larger shrimp to pull the "vein".

1.0 out of 5 stars different scissors from screen photo !!, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
Previously, i purchased this seafood scissor from Amazon in October 2012.
Yes ! This seafood scissors is well-made ​​things, and very useful.

At this time, i decided to buy three more same scissors.
This is not the scissors that I bought in the past.

It's shape is quite different. The blades are shorter.

After these scissors was delivered, I confirmed the internet photos(Amazone product detail) once again. There was a picture of scissor, I wanted to buy. not a deliverd thing.
I don't know what the problem is.

Anyway, I will return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional crab tool!, January 13, 2010
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
If you're like me, you've gotten used to eating cold crab meat because it takes 10 minutes+ to dissect your crab legs to get to it. I knew we were eating king crab legs for Christmas this year, and I wanted to actually enjoy it. So I did my research and eventually purchased the Progressive International Seafood Scissors. I can't say enough how good of an investment these have been! For the first time, I was able to enjoy warm crab meat! The Progressive International Seafood Scissors were huge hit with my family, and before long we were passing them back and forth like crazy. My father liked them so much, that I now plan to buy him his own as a gift for Father's day. Definitely buy this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars struggling with seafood is no fun, do yourself a favor and get this . . ., March 17, 2010
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
These scissors can make preparing seafood a more trouble free, and enjoyable experience. The blades are relatively narrow, and slightly curved, so they can split shrimp, or easily slide into a crab leg. The blades are only about 2.5 inches long, so when you close the handles, you have good control, and plenty of cutting force is applied. The scissors will cut through most shells and joints without too much effort. Struggling with wet, slippery seafood is no fun. With this, you should be able to slice open crab legs, and other shellfish quickly, and more safely, reducing your food preparation time.

The blades are stainless steel, so with proper care, they should last for a long time. The handles have a nice orange rubber grip, that helps keep your fingers from sliding, even when they are wet. The orange handles are a combination of hard plastic, and a soft thermoplastic rubber at the fingerholes for a more secure grip. On the inside of the pivot point, there is a serrated saw-toothed section that can be used to crack shells.

Relatively inexpensive, and very well constructed and designed, if you prepare seafood, you will probably be very pleased with this tool. It also makes a great gift, and is currently eligible for Amazon's 4 for 3 promotion, and super saver shipping. So if you like, you can stock up and save big.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite seafood scissors, July 21, 2008
S. Anderson (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
These are really good. Lightweight and easily maneuverable. The curved blade works well with raw shrimp too. I would however, suggest shopping the web and you'll find these MUCH cheaper than the retailer here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Seafood Tool I Need!, November 11, 2009
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
My first experience with these scissors was when they were provided at a restaurant. I have used them on Dungeness and Alaskan King Crab and they work very well. The tips of the scissors are small enough to pick small pieces of seafood out of its shell. I even bought two of them as a present for a couple who also loves seafood. I haven't seen them in stores where I live and was very happy to find them online. Amazon has the best price...especially if they are still running their "buy 3, get 1 free" special. Enjoy, enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars seafood scissors, October 4, 2009
Wilson Mark Jr. (southern california, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
it works and it works well. does what it's supposed to, but crab shells do need to be a bit softer than that of a standard dungenous crab.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOT SHRIMP, January 24, 2010
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
These are great for cleaning shrimp, I live on the EAST coast and catch my own shrimp. These make short work and get it done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripoff -- Shame on you AMAZON, November 11, 2013
SMS (South Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Progressive International Seafood Scissors (Kitchen)
I ordered three of these scissors after reading the reviews on America's Test Kitchen. They said they were available at Williams Sonoma for $9.95. When I saw that these are selling right here for $44 + shipping I was surprised. Williams Sonoma does not carry the product anymore. But Crate & Barrel has them for $8.95. They got my order. Where someone gets the rocks to charge $44 for a $10 item is a mystery to me. I bought these scissors for shrimp. I prefer my Joyce Chen scissors for crab and lobster.

Progressive International Seafood Scissors