Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Food Mill
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

25%
75%

on June 29, 2000
Easy to put together, take apart and clean up. Good also for building muscles - turning the handle to grind your food is a lot of effort. I always have to use a spatula to push through the mass of food left at the bottom of the grinder. Food comes out nice texture for baby food, though.
on November 11, 2001
This was my first food mill -- they are really an incredible kitchen tool, make the smoothest mashed potatoes, great purees, and the low-technology makes using one of these extremely accessible. However, this one is kind of tiny. It's great for a single gourmet, and just ok for a single gourmet in love cooking for two. Also, after time (and I mean a long long time)the disks will begin to rust and you will wish there were a place to get new ones. A good starter, but not the dream food mill.
on May 27, 2001
I needed a food mill because my 9 month old son refused to eat baby jar food. He wanted to eat what we were having. I liked how easy it was to clean. I had some trouble figuring out how to assemble it. It is difficult to grind up tough food like meats, though, because you need to hold it onto the bowl and try to crank it at the same time...not an easy task.
on September 14, 2003
I have this mill and it works really well. I use it to make pear and apple butter, tomato sauce, jellies, etc. It fits very well on plastic bowls without slipping and sliding much. Even my 3 year old can turn the handle!!
However, if you are doing tons of sauces, etc. you will want a heavier duty one, or an electric.