Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Package Quantity: 1Size: 6 INChange
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 22, 2009
So let's be honest, this is a dumpy little microwave omelet maker.

That said, I love it. Mine broke pretty early on and now is just two seperate pieces, but still works great. I use Egg Beaters and pour some in with some veggies, toss it in the microwave for a few minutes, go get dressed, and when I come back i've got breakfast. And i've even tried making the traditional omelet with cheese in between the two parts and it's not a problem at all. Best part is, if you want you can eat it right out of the pan.

Cleanup seriously takes about 15 seconds: water, soap, scrub, done.

This product is why I can actually eat eggs the way I want every morning.
11 comment148 of 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2010
This is my favorite kitchen "gadget" by far. I can easily mix up 3 eggs in a mixer, pour the egg into each side of the omelet maker and cook it for 1.5 minute. When that part is done I put a slice of cheese on each side (while it's still open) then I microwave it again for about 30 seconds.

I take it out of the microwave and shut the omelet maker - cheese stays in the middle and there's no spilling. I can either eat my omelet out of the omelet maker or slide it (it really is that non-stick!) straight into a plate.

It's very non-stick. I wish more things were like this. Super easy cleanup, even when the cheese spills over.

Purchased a few months ago and it's still in great shape, we use it at least 5 times a week.

Well worth the money!
22 comments133 of 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2011
So I bought a new one of these recently but am unable to create another review. So I'm editing this one to indicate a video I made to show how to do this. It's really not difficult. The video is a little long, about 6.5 mins, but I think it's informative and if you follow it, there should be no reason they won't come out good for you as well. The only other possibility is that some people have older microwaves? Mine has a turntable and that *could* be a reason why others are running into trouble.

Older review follows... at this point just watch the vid, explains it all more clearly.

----- from a few years ago -----------
First mixed in water with the eggs and the times they suggest worked perfectly. But the eggs tasted a little bland so tried mixing in 1/2 and 1/2 with eggs and voila!! best omelets I've ever had! Needed to adjust the times lower and am using 70, 45, 20 instead of the 90, 60, 30.

Ooops almost forgot to mention, I'm only using 2 eggs. Not the 3 the directions recommend.

If you really mix (very vigorously) the cream and the eggs, this will fluff into an omelet like no other. This thing is just incredible. No more slow cooking it on a stove, no more worrying if you'll be able to flip it over without losing half of it. If you have the toppings ready, the fully cooked omelet will be ready in less the 5 mins :)

Wanted to Add: (9/01/11), there's an easy way to get these out of the omelet maker, if you haven't already thought of it. After the last step (with it closed), place it on something like a cutting board and open it up. Leave open for 20 to 30 seconds and let it cool down.

Then, with it open, put one hand underneath the part that has the omelet in it. Quickly (as these things are still hot) put your large flat plate on top of the part with the omelet. Now just flip both over quickly. Voila! perfect omelet everytime!
33 comments87 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2009
This is a GREAT microwave appliance; it makes very good omelets with no fuss, AND it cleans up easily afterward--an important consideration.
Great for elderly and/or disabled people who have problems with other appliances. The omelet is a good single-serving size, and takes a decent amount of "fillings."
Just remember to make the omelets without the usual cookbook directions calling for added milk/water!
0Comment84 of 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Bought this one at the same time as the KittAmor Microwave Omelette Maker. This one (Progressive) is superior, mainly because of the two handles. When you pull it out of the microwave, the larger handles are cool enough to touch right away. On the KittArmor model, the smaller handles are hot and uncomfortable to touch. The omelettes they make taste the same.

Interestingly, the KittArmor model included a better recipe. Here's ours: three eggs, two tablespoons milk, lots of mushrooms and cheese. 90 seconds, add toppings, 70 seconds, close lid, 10 seconds, always on high power. Our new 1250 watt microwave is more powerful than most, so you may have to adjust your times accordingly.

The reviewers who said this makes rubbery omelettes probably had low-power microwaves, or poorly functioning ones. They seem to wear out after a while, although our last one made it to 15 years.

Five stars for making great omelettes, no points deducted for not including milk in the recipe.
0Comment42 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2009
My sis gave this to me. I can count the number of times I've made Omelets on the hand of a clumsy shop teacher. This product is an excellent omelet maker. I put some turkey bacon in it, some onion and seasoning. I melted some cheese on top (forgot to put it inside). It took about 6 minutes. I will say that the hinges aren't very good. You don't close it until it's done anyway so hinges be not an issue. Enjoy your breakfast!
review image
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2011
This is a simple piece of plastic, but it helps to make a perfect omelet in the microwave. You cannot overload it with too many ingredients because it is not big enough. However, when used as directed, it delivers the goods flawlessly.
on March 9, 2011
The price is right for this, so by all means check it out for yourself... you really have nothing to lose.

But in my opinion, I didn't love it. The cooking times included in the instructions came nowhere close to cooking the eggs in my microwave. Also, when you get to the stage where you fold the thing closed, pretty much every single time for me the eggs just stuck to both sides and had to be scraped out when finished.

And lastly, and most importantly, the eggs just didn't taste very good from this thing. Rubbery, tough, just not good.

But again, a lot of people seem to like this thing, so maybe it was just my microwave and/or my preparation skills. Try it for yourself.
44 comments42 of 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2009
I ordered this as a replacement for a similar item that I purchased a number of years ago in a dollar store. It is much higher quality plastic and is truly non-stick. The instructions for making the omelet come with it. The method is simple only needing the times to be adjusted for the user's microwave strength. The result is a perfectly cooked and formed omelet.
0Comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
The Progressive Microwavable Omelet Maker does just what it's supposed to do: allow you to make omelets in the microwave! I bought this with a bit of trepidation ... come on ... how good can a microwave omelet really be?

I am pleasantly surprised and very pleased! Just fixed - and ate - my first omelet made with this device. I didn't get real fancy this time around: eggs, chopped onions, bacon pieces and cheese. It was easy and quick to make - and very tasty. I didn't experience the "rubbery" texture that some other reviewers spoke of but I think that probably depends on your specific microwave and how long you cook it. If you have a really high-powered microwave, you might want to set your power down a bit.

My omelet slid right out of the device - it really is non-stick. And cleanup was a snap!

If you want the real buttery omelets you get from frying, then this isn't going to be what you want. But if you want a very quick, tasty omelet, give it a try. For the price, how can you lose? I imagine I'll be using this several times a week for sure.