Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Prepworks by Progressive Salad Spinner with Handle - 2.5 Quart
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 2.5-Quarts|Color: Green|Change

on June 24, 2009
A remarkable little salad spinner! when you first look at this you will say "how can this do anything?" but surprise, surprise!! it spins more than you can imagine, and spins it very well! great for the vacation house with limited storage space, etc. my only caveat: DO NOT open the lid while it is still spinning; unlike other larger spinners which you can open, this one will send the contents flying if you do that!
77 comments|150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2009
It is small but is just what I needed. Holds enough for side salads for two or a main salad for one. This is my first spinner, however, so I can't compare it to higher end models.
I love the design of this small salad spinner. And when I say small, we are talking about the size of a small frying pan with space for 2 small salads or one larger salad. The size is great for a family of 2 or a single person who's cupboards are space-starved but who want an option to wash and clean lettuce, spinach, etc. This is a great little design and here's why I love it:

1) the design of the spinning handle creates such a great amount of centrifugal force that it really does a nice job of getting those last drops of water off. It's kind of akin to the final spin cycle on your washing machine.

2) the handle design (like a good 2.5 qt cooking pot) makes straining your fruits or veggies easy. There are nice spouts located on both sides of the strainer that allow straining for left or righties. I consider this a very thoughtful design element.

The spinning motion is smooth and easy and fast. As one reviewer stated, contents will go flying if opened while still spinning. This creates such good centrifugal force that it's probably advised to WAIT to open the lid before removing the contents.

I was very pleased with the overall quality for the price. The materials used are quality materials (the bottom is more like a Tupperware container and not a brittle plastic as I had imagined). This is really a great addition to a kitchen, college dorm, apartment wherever. If you are preparing salads for an entire family, this probably is not the spinner for you. This spinner is fit for 1 or 2 people unless you want to spin and spin. :)

The quality is great. I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend it.
11 comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
I have been on a big salad kick over the last few months and finally decided I needed one of these. I never realized how much I needed one until using it at a friends house. Wow do they make a difference.

Normally I make salad for myself but usually have enough ingredients for 2 salads so this being a small spinner wasn't an issue for me. I will agree though this is not a family sized spinner. Great for a single salads or make 2 salads and save one in a mason jar for later like I do.

Two more reasons I chose a smaller spinner. 1) Living in a super small house cabinet space is limited so this was great for saving space 2) you can't really beat the price here. It's a great value for a product that works very well.

It really does work great. Like I mentioned above I never realized how dirty the leaves could be. Rinsing out the water is pretty amazing and crazy to think at one time I wasn't cleaning my vegetables enough. I have been making a ton of chopped salads with a new mezzaluna knife I got so I have been going through a lot of cabbage, romaine, and various other veggies. Washing everything in my spinner is now a must!

Not sure how I made it without one.
on May 24, 2010
this little guy is easy to use, easy to clean and just the right size for one or two servings. If you need a larger quantity you just spin two batches. ends the tedium of drying with paper towels which wastes paper and doesn't dry well. The handle is a great feature and the price is very reasonable.
on July 19, 2010
This salad spinner is cute & works well, but it's very small. I knew from reading other reviews that it would be small, but I was still surprised to see exactly how small it really is! Fine for a two-person salad at most. Good for storing in a small kitchen, though.
on March 23, 2009
This is a perfect salad spinner for two people. My last one was huge. I love that there are spouts on both sides. I hope this gives me years of service. I worry as it is plastic and the working mechanism could wear down. But for now I am enjoying it and glad I bought it.
on May 5, 2010
This little spinner is the perfect size for a small kitchen and for preparing food for two people. We use it all the time for spinning fruit, herbs, and salad. The design is very user-friendly and it dries quickly when rinsed. I definitely recommend this product because of it's smaller size and high-quality construction. It stores very well in small cabinets with other pots and pans.
on December 8, 2010
This salad spinner is much smaller than I expected. If you stuff the lettuce in as much as will fit, it's enough for two people to have a side salad or one person to have an individual salad. Also you have to press down really hard to keep the lid (and all the lettuce inside) from flying off while you spin. Seeing as that would require a third hand, this is fairly difficult. Also, if you accidentally or on purpose open the lid before it has completely and totally stopped spinning, lettuce will go flying out. It works though, if you can keep the lid on it does its job of removing excess water. It's easy to clean too, if you use the base as a salad bowl the basket just pops right out. Fewer dishes is always a good thing.
on March 12, 2014
We use a salad spinner at our restaurant.

We started with one from IKEA, but that one broke after a while. Then we had a more expensive one that worked great, but the clear outer bowl quickly started cracking as it got banged around with heavier dishes in the dishwashing sink. We kept taping over the cracks and continued to use it for a while even after the bowl was completely held together with tape, but eventually it was time to retire that one, too.

Most recently we bought this Progressive International salad spinner--mostly because of price, but also because it looked like it was made from less brittle, more flexible plastic. So far it seems to be decent. It's a little smaller than our last one, but it's the perfect size for what we need. The bowl is, indeed, made from a more flexible plastic so we hope it holds up better than the last one. The question now is whether or not inner basket and spinning mechanism last. If they fail anytime soon, I'll be sure to update this review.

Just one last comment: wouldn't you know it, my wife and I were walking through the mall yesterday and ran across the exact same salad spinner at TJ Maxx for half what we paid on Amazon. Oh, well, we went ahead and bought a second one since we don't expect the first one to last forever.