5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Great cup of Tea
I'm really enjoying this tea ball. It's simple to use, easy to clean and it makes a perfect cup of tea. I like the way the little chain attaches to the cup and allows for easy filling with the hot water.
Published 21 days ago by mtayl75234

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted after one use
I think the title says it all - received the product, looked a little flimsy but it worked. then i used it, washed it by hand, and the next time I went to use it the thing was covered in rust
Published 8 months ago by Simple Complications

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusted after one use, August 7, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Flimsy, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
I've used various tea strainers/infusers over the yrs, and this is by far the most flimsy. I have a similiar one (not this brand)that I've had for over 5 yrs. This one looked just like the one I wanted to replace. But this one is much more cheaply made, and the 2 sections can not be secured tightly enough. I returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loose tea falls out, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
This tea ball is horrible. It's so cheap, that when it's closed it doesn't close flush so there is a huge gap and the leaves fall out and get all in your tea. I understand you get what you pay for, but the product should at least work. And its not like it did that after a couple times of using it. It was shipped to me like that. Do not buy this tea ball.

1.0 out of 5 stars Super fragile, March 12, 2010
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
I was excited to receive this item as I have purchased some really awesome tea that I can't wait to brew at home/work. However, when I tried to wash this for the first time last night, I almost broke it just trying to get it open. The latch started to bend under normal pressure (I'm small, not very strong). I cannot recommend this product because I just don't see the durability.

Update - after using this for the first time, I will have to buy something else. It allowed a great deal of the tea leaves right through the mesh, leading to a very difficult to drink cup of tea.

I cannot recommend this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
Used it once and was pleased with it, although the chain is too short for large mugs and if the mug wall is thick it wont clip on so you have to loop it around the handle then hook it to the chain which reduces the depth at which it will float in your tea....

Second use? Came apart in my hands - the hinge where the two halves lock together is just crimped metal, no bolt or welds - completely un-fixable. Sent back the very next day.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
While I didn't have any leaf leakage, the moment I opened the ball, the latch fell off. It is attached by a tiny, misshapen dot of metal (someone described it as about the size of pencil lead) that shows no evidence of stopper or notch that might keep the latch in place upon it. I was able to finagle the latch back on enough to stay shut and be useful, but I don't think I want to deal with this every time I want a cup of tea.

My suggestion: don't waste your time or money on this tea ball. Pay a few extra bucks for something trustworthy or hit up your local tea shop and make sure you're getting a good product in person.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go to the store and buy one., March 13, 2014
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
Don't waste your time on this item. The holes are too big and let's out normal size loose tea!! And the clasp is complicated and too cumbersome. Don't bother with this. It looks great in theory but in reality, zip!

1.0 out of 5 stars Teaball, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
Hi, I bought two of these.Thought these were the cat's meow when I bought them. They DO NOT seal well . When you latch them shut 1 side or the other has a pencil lead size slit that the tea leaves seep out of,even if you don't swirl your ball around.SUGGESTION go to Bimart, other big retailer find the ball with a handle that has a sizzor action and works flawlessly. If you like big cups of tea, there is a bigger one at Bimart. makes 24 oz of dark tea.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time., March 12, 2014
This review is from: Progressive Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball (Kitchen)
This may be cheap, but unless you have very large tea leaves, the mesh screen is far too large and most of the tea leaves end up in your tea. Also, shipping took over a month for me, made me think I wasn't going to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a Great cup of Tea, March 30, 2014