Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Derma Wound from Progressive Doctors | 6 oz (170 Grams) | Used in Wound Treatment Facilities & Hospitals Around the World | Fast Shipping
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 12, 2010
This has worked for me several times on persistent infected wounds that did not respond to anything else including internal antibiotics and a $75 tube of prescription topical antibiotic. You do need to be diligent with application and dressings and expect it to take time. Mine all showed improvement within a week after many weeks or months of worsening. I don't think doctors know about this stuff or consider it "medical" enough but this is a shame.
on November 15, 2010
My diabetic husband had an abcess on the back of his knee for over two years. We have tried many different things to heal it. Most products help keep it in check but didn't cure it. After reading what other people said about this product we gave it a try. I can say it is the most wonderful product I have used on his wound. It did get a little bigger at first as DermaWound debreaded the wound. It has gotten smaller every day and has no more drainage. We are very happy with it.
on October 4, 2011
Two years ago I developed a HUGE stasis ulcer on my left leg. With no insurance, I couldn't afford a wound clinic. Doing online research I found the progressivedoctors.com site. I ordered in total 8 jars of the original derma wound VS. My wound drained heavily for 3 mos. Using the medicine before the draining quits is a waste, imo. Around Thanksgiving the wound seemed to be drier so I started applying the ointment more diligently. Within a month I found the wound closing and new pink skin. The wound heals from the inside so it shrinks in size instead of growing over. I finally got medicare in May and got an appt. at a wound clinic. The leg had been badly infected and I did get a strong antibiotic from a clinic who warned me of losing a leg without proper care. By the time I got to my wound care appt., they checked my leg and said it had completely healed. That was a total 10 mos. I didnt use the ointment all that time because it developed a crust the meds couldnt get through. That allowed me to finally sleep in a bed again. Now, I have developed the another ulcer in the same spot. I ordered the new improved dermawound that is now in tubes, a different color, and not so messy. Using it 2 brought on intense itching so bad I had to remove the product. I called Progressive Doctors and left a message but no one called back. I don't know if I have an allergy or what to the new formula and whether to try and use it again. I reread some of the testimonials and mine was there, only jars had been replaced with tubes. Im sure I didnt put tubes in my testimonial 2 yrs. ago because the product came in jars. Makes me go hmmmm. I did email and ask if the original formula was available but again no reply, Order only one tube till you try it. There are nonallergic formulas. I know the original formula worked great, and Im supposing the new formula will to if you don't develop the itching.

Editing to say that the third time I used the product the itching didnt start for 7 hrs. and was not nearly as intense. Apparently not an allergic reaction by taking so long to start. If the results are like the original, I will reorder.
on February 2, 2010
Due to severe allergies I lost the skin on my leg from the foot to the knee. This is the only product that has helped it to heal. It is easy to use and safe. Best of all, there is no bad reaction.DermaWound® from Progressive Doctors Used in Wound Care Clinics Around the World
on May 28, 2011
I'm handicapped and sit almost all the time - as a result-pressure sores that two years of very expensive woundcare doctors could only maintain. After three weeks of this product the sores are about 75% gone! I anticipate a couple more weeks and they will be gone. I don't normally write reviews but this stuff is amazing!!!
on March 8, 2012
I purchased this for my 78 yr old Dad who was about to lose his right leg due to multiple diabetic wounds, due to his severe cardiac condition they were not able to amputate his right leg and put him on hospice. I did tons of research and found Dermawound on Amazon and read all the reviews, especially the one from the gentleman whos wife was in the same situation as my Dad. I purchased the original formula. It was amazing how quickly it started to debreed his wounds, he had 8 all together and it was tried on 2 of them to start. Within two days the two wounds showed remarkable improvment so my sister who is an LPN and my other sister who is a CNA started using it on all of the worst ones. He had two dressing changes a day 12 hrs apart. After a couple of weeks and me purchasing a second tube they had to stop using it because it works too well and was starting to damage the healthy skin surrounding the wounds. The Dr said to use this product after seeing the remarkable inprovment in just 10 days. after approximately 3 1/2 weeks he said to stop using it and switched the twice daily dressing changes to denkins and after another 3 weeks wet to dry dressings. You really have to know what you are doing with this ointment, you have to be very cautious when using this treatment so you dont damage the healthy skin surrounding it. I think using this ointment was the turning point to healing his terrible wounds, but it was not the cure all and you have to be careful with it. He also has had an IV pic line with twice daily antiobiotic treatment. We will never know if the antibiotics or the dermawound by itself created the healing but I am very happy to say it does look like his leg will be ok.
on May 5, 2011
I was looking for anything that could help with the diabetic sores I developed on my foot. I read a review on this product and decided to try it because the reviewer had such great things to say about it. They posted that you have to be patient with Dermawound - it will work. I have been using it for 6 weeks and one of two sores on my foot has completely healed. The second is getting better and I hope another 2-3 weeks will heal it. I apply it twice a day when I wash and change the wrappings on my foot. You need to put a lot on - the producer of Dermawound says it should be 1/4 an inch deep. Your results will be faster if you put this much on. I have had no side effects or problems with Dermawound. I suggest buying several tubes, it goes fast. So, I am very glad I found this product on Amazon, I don't know what I would have done without it.
on August 5, 2011
I had cellulitus about three years ago, went into septic shock before I could get to a hospital, and came very close to checking out of my life. Since that time, and due to poor circulation in my lower left leg, I have to be very careful about getting cuts or scrapes. When that does happen, I use dermawound. My Dr. recommended it to me, and it has been a virtual life saver. As some have mentioned, it works slowly. But, after trying various other so called healing ointments and gels, I decided to try this. I cut my leg on an old peice of wood when cleaning my back yard, and like a dummy I was wearing shorts. I immediatly started using the dermawound, and my deep cut is almost completely healed. My best friend was bedridden for over 7 months due to an auto accident, and despite the best efforts of all involved, he developed some very deep and ugly pressure and bed sores. I conviced him to try Dermawound, and we filled the ulcers with the stuff, I mean we slathered in, on and around the wounds. It took some time, but he is now way passed the half way part of complete healing. I got smart and ordered extra, so I always have it on hand. You have to use it as directed, which is to say you have to really put a lot of it on your wound. It works, though, and I know if I ever need it again, I will have a great way to start the healing process. If you are diabetic or bedridden, do yourself a favor and order a few tubes of this stuff. It can make life so much easier for you, and maybe even safe your life.
on May 5, 2011
I bought this stuff as a Podiatrist was threatening to lop off my big Toe. I had gotten of all things an infected Callus from a wet environment, Niagara Falls which had resulted in a huge deep hole forming. I nursed it along with all manner of other things but it only got worse. I was at my wits end and ready to try anything the pain in my toe was just terrible. This stuff began the healing in earnest, yes it took some time and I had to get off the Toe as much as possible but in time I feel it made the most difference of anything I had put on it up until then. The hole in the wound began to fill in nicely. After contact with the seller I even commented on the nice earthy smell and teased "what's in that stuff ground up angel wings?" I really meant that, it was a miracle from heaven!! To me it smells like a combination of cookie dough and clean fresh garden dirt with the heavy rain ozone smell right before a springtime shower. I have a dear friend battling pressure sores too so I have passed along the good news to her. I have every idea that this stuff will save her hiney. Literally. Thank you Derma Wound folks! Best $40 bucks I ever spent. Much cheaper than a artificial toe and much nicer than crying over losing a very important part of my foot!
on February 15, 2012
If you or a loved one is going through chemo and rashes or ulcers are a problem then THIS WILL HEAL THOSE WOUNDS. I was flat-out amazed after just 3 days how well- healed my honey's joints on his fingers were. Folks, you need not look any further for relief from pain from wounds that won't heal. This product will do it and I thank God that this vendor is with Amazon!

See 1 answered question