Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Project X
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on August 15, 2012
I bought the blu ray after seeing this film on a transatlantic flight and embarrassing myself silly by laughing out loud (which I just don't do on a plane). I could so identify with these losers as I was one, too in high school (I grew up well-adjusted and happy, thank you). I didn't like the Hangover yet I love this. Why? The directorial style: It just feels so much more natural and unforced; there's a sense of immediacy. And the three unknown leads are simply terrific and likable. And never have I felt I was at a party in any film as I feel it with this one (this really kicks in with the blu ray 5.1 surround sound). Yes, the story gets outrageous near the end but that was also the fun of it. The film has absolutely no moral or redemptive value (the music is so sexist but so very right for the film), yet there was something about it that made me feel like a teen again!
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
Project X is not a 5-star movie. I'm sorry for giving it the highest rating a product can receive on amazon. However, let me explain my case so you don't think there's something wrong with me. I've seen *countless* teen party movies over the years and NONE of them are entertaining at all. They are nothing more than filler and a waste of movie space.

Project X... FINALLY, a party movie that actually lives up to the hype! These teens are on a mission to create the absolute biggest, baddest party ever designed. They of course, are interested in sex, being cool and just being really rowdy, however what happens is that this party eventually spins *completely* out of control. As the movie rolls along, you will probably be sitting there totally amazed at just how many creative ways this party turns into pure insanity.

Seriously, you will never want to see another party film involving teenagers ever again because this one set out to accomplish every single nook and cranny you can possibly provide and make it MUCH better than all the rest. It makes all the rest no longer relevant, in fact. It really works. I don't even want to spoil any of the ways these teens get into trouble and what they do. They go from the uncoolest kids in school to the coolest in one night, that's for sure. Alright alright, I'll spoil one moment. While the one teen is talking to his father upstairs on the phone and assuring his father that everything's alright at home and that he's not causing any trouble whatsoever, a huge explosion occurs right outside the window!

It's hilarious because the entire time I was wondering how the kids would clean up by morning so their parents wouldn't find out what happened. None of that even matters and you'll find out why, haha.

It's rowdy, offensive, provides plenty of swearing and nudity, and it's completely inappropriate for children. However, for one 80-minute movie and a night of adrenaline-pumping fun, I recommend purchasing (or renting, if you understandably don't trust my words) what will forever be, the king of party films.
on October 8, 2012
For those who've written bad reviews stating this film had no redeeming value or in no way left you feeling educated or as if you had learned something...well, you're absolutely right; however, there is one problem with that notion...IT WASN'T MEANT TO! The trailers and advertisements for this film stated it was about a high school party that turned epic, then got out of control. This movie delivered on every level what it promised. I didn't walk away feeling I had learned how to cope with life better or osmotically learned a new level of responsibility. Instead, I remembered (and felt!) exactly what it was like oh-so-many years ago in high school...especially senior year.

This movie was an extended metaphor of my life senior year. I WAS the main character. I could not believe the similarities! I, too, was an invisible kid until that Friday night when a few of my friends made me throw a party after my parents had gone out of town for the weekend. I, too, wanted only 10 or 15 people. I didn't end up with 1500, but I think about 60-70 seems about right. In a respected neighborhood with nose-over-the-fences neighbors, I had people puking in the front and back yards. Christmas ornaments and cups of Screwdrivers being sucked up by a nozzled-vacuum cleaner. Potted plants being thrown inside my house. My dog was stoned and ate half the dish of peanut butter balls we had given up on. PJ cups strewn all over the place (as well as people - and clothes - for that matter). Strip Pool, strip poker, Beer Pong, Naked Jell-O Twister (I copy-writed that...don't steal it Mattel or whomever), and Insane Rules Mortal Kombat. I also hooked up with a girl I previously had been too shy and worthless to try for. I was even run over by a car (somehow was not injured)!

But God it was seemingly the greatest (or most fun) night of my life back then. I had people coming up to me I didn't know and had never seen saying how great a time they had, and people shouting "Killer party dude!" Luckily, though, I had a couple days to clean and some true friends to help me do so and somehow we pulled it off masterfully. But the point is this: this film allowed me to go back and recapture all of that. It helped me forget about my present obstacles for the time being. I don't feel there is anything wrong with that when, of course, taken into perspective. If anyone were to say, "Well this movie's going to make teenage Johnny go and try to throw the same party..." wrong...he was already planning it. In fact, this may have helped him avoid a few mistakes, broken laws, and injuries, even. So maybe it did have some "redeeming value." But if not, it had qualitative value in that it took spending only a few bucks and giving up an hour or so of my time to let me feel that night again...and I thank this movie very much for that!
I'll also be totally honest and reveal that part of the reason we loved it so much is because a family member gave a party almost this epic for his nineteenth birthday. It was the biggest party bust in the history of his home town! No fires, nobody was hurt... but a "friend" invited, apparently, the entire state population... and they came! It wasn't funny at the time, but it is a story we'll tell forever. The worst part was a mystery stain on the rug! :) Ahhh, social media!
on March 12, 2015
I left the theater when I first saw this being completely sober and yet actually feeling kinda tispy. The first person aspect makes it feel like you're there so much more, and it is a HILARIOUS movie. Most certainly recommend. The extended version doesn't really add much other than just elongated scenes of hot topless girls, which I'm just totally sure no one wants to see.
on March 25, 2014
Sprinkled with light naughty humor and moments of anarchy, Project X is a must watch for every parent who wants to ensure that their teenager is able to successfully navigate the dangerous waters of high school social strata. Parents, give your kids the help they need. Buy Project X & start taking notes now.
on June 6, 2014
Not to be confused with at least 2 other films with the same title, this movie deals with a high school student's attempt to become popular by throwing the ultimate party while his parents are away. Hilarity ensues. I liked it!
on February 18, 2014
All i can really say is its just insane! If you are looking to watch a movie that is strictly about insane amounts of partying then this is the movie just for you. Explosions, music, tons of liquor, and a whole lot of stupid humor this movie is for you, if you like all of that stuff!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 4, 2014
Crude, ridiculous, impossible, nasty, and completely impossible - and I thought it was funny. Project X is a much better film than the raunch factor would suggest.

This film is better than a lot of others in this genre because it toys with POV. The twist is that we watch the film through the camera eyes of Dax (and occasionally other handheld cameras). Oh the acting is bad a lot of the time. The film drags really badly in the middle. And the jokes are all predictable - yes of course there is a bouncy house just so we can see girls jump up and down.

I laughed hard, especially the first fifteen minutes and about three quarters of the way through. Don't expect any socially redeeming good in this film. It is a nasty raunchy dirty joke.
on January 13, 2013
I dont usually like teen movies....but this one sure made me laugh.......actually I bought two copiesI dont usually like teen movies....but this one sure made me laugh.......actually I bought two copies