- File Size: 16426 KB
- Print Length: 185 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: JAVR SMITH HOLDINGS; V4.1 edition (November 5, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 5, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AYPGNPM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#696,865 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #192 in Books > Computers & Technology > Business Technology > Software > Project Management Software
- #256 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design > Software Project Management
- #497 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Project Management > Business
ProjectLibre User Guide Reference Manual Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Through my career, I have used over 30 technical programming languages, databases and operating systems. This spans machine language, assembly, "C", Fortran, Java, HTML, SQL and more.
During my time as a project manager, I came to realize that many projects are not executed well. Many people know that too. Large projects are typically over budget, late or both. Some are vastly over budget or incredibly late. As a project manager who tries to work well, I decided to improve my own project abilities. I studied and augmented my informal knowledge with actual certification. I studied for, and passed, the Project Management Professional, (PMP), exam offered by the Project Management Institute.
My contribution to improved project management has been in the area of lessons learned. In my opinion, this is the worst aspect of formal project management today. Projects are completed with little fanfare or documentation. Anything learned in the effort is likely lost. As I have been told, if it isn't written down, (and easily retrieved in the future), it is lost. This is a big problem, one that agencies often don't know they have. As an example, imagine a project which encountered a major implementation obstacle. To overcome it, they have to buy a certain software utility. It works and the project completes. Later, the agency implements a new project which runs into the same problem. The team is different so they have no knowledge of the earlier fix to the problem. They buy the exact same software utility and fix the problem. That represents a direct cost of not saving the lessons from the first project in a system that can be useful in the future.
One way that organizations can start to improve their project documentation is to use a real tracking application. ProjectLibre is a great choice, in my opinion. It accepts task lists which can easily be assigned as work for team members. The program is free to use so any agency can have it installed and used for projects of any size. When the available features such as project and task notes are used, future project managers can review important execution aspects and gain knowledge which they can bring to their projects. This can easily save money for the agency.
Top Customer Reviews
It is a starter's users guide.
It is not what I, or any medium ProjectLibre user, expect from a book named as "User Guide Reference Manual"
The only thing i learned was the use of a lag modifier.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great overview to get you going on Proj Libre and good reference for most everything you will need to know! Vaughn is a ProjLibre guru!Published 7 months ago by civilkelly
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Project Management > Business
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Project Management Software
- Books > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Project Management > Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design > Software Project Management