5.0 out of 5 stars Walk softly and carry a great stick!
I use this walking stick/camera monopod every day. It makes a great camera mount for my pocket digital camera and has improved the closeup photos that I frequently take. It also serves as a great stabilizer during my hikes through the hills above my home. Collapsable with a compass, it extends easily and quickly when needed.
Published on September 25, 2009 by Evan DeBloois

3.0 out of 5 stars Monopod-Walking Stick only OK
This combo walking stick/ mono pod (for the camera) is a great idea that needs a bit of refinement. For the average humanoid, it is a few inches too short to be of much use with the camera. If it were only 5-6" taller, the average height person would not have to stoop to look through the viewfinder.
As a walking stick, it is OK on level ground but going up and down...
Published on May 8, 2011 by E. G. Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk softly and carry a great stick!, September 25, 2009
Evan DeBloois "digdoc" (North Ogden, Utah United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful ..., June 23, 2012
James O. Smith (Minneapolis, Minnesota USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
I have been using this walking stick for seven years now. I use it literally every day, every time I am moving outside of my apartment. I am sight impaired (pigmentary glaucoma) and use this stick for help in seeing, bearing my weight (if necessary) and catching myself if I trip or fall. I have genuinely been saved many times by this product. I am 6'4" and weigh 200lbs and it has held me up in even the most critical of circumstances. Don't let anyone say this is a "cheap" or "weak" stick. I have also used it the countryside and in Europe ... The price has been reduced recently, for no reason I can understand, other than possibly discontinuing the line. I have paid as much as $70 and $80 dollars for these polls. I still have my original poll, which I used regularly for five years. It survived continuous use on Minneapolis streets through all seasons. It even survived being run over by a bus and being dropped down many a stairwell. The only reason I got a new one is because the screw post that the nob twists onto broke (due to so much abuse over five years), but I still use it as a backup, with the nob attached by duct tape. The pole itself is everybit as strong and durable as the day I bought it in 2005. I just now ordered a new one for the $19.00 price because I am afraid that this means they are discontinuing it and I don't want to be caught without it ... ever! Plus, how can I _not_ buy it at that price ... Because I use this stick as a seeing aid, it is important that it be lightweight, easy to handle and strong. This stick excells on all counts ... il matto ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Monopod-Walking Stick only OK, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
As a walking stick, it is OK on level ground but going up and down the extra height would be useful.

1.0 out of 5 stars crummy, March 12, 2013
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
The vendor was great about it, and let me upgrade to a 1100 from the same manufacturer, just paying the difference in price.

But before we got there, I went through two of these. The first arrived and wouldn't say extended. The second, the vendor opened first, and found it was similarly defective.

For six dollars more you can get a monopod that really works and is sturdy. Don't cheap out and get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, November 12, 2011
Steven R. Sharp (West Jordan, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
I was in the market for a walking stick that could double as a monopod for my DSLR. This was it! It certainly doesn't have the variable range of height that a dedicated monopod would have, but it's a great walking stick and comes in very handy as a monopod. The compass that was set in the handle didn't last long; the plastic cap over the compass cracked almost immediately after first use, but I didn't buy it for the compass, so that never bothered me. For the money, this was a very good find.

2.0 out of 5 stars You do need a walking stick, if you hike (not just walking in your backyard). But besure to pick a good one..., May 19, 2013
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
We went to hike in Patagonia (Torres del Paine) in late March for 3 days. First time I appreciated how helpful good walking sticks are. I am very glad I bought them: One Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick and a pair of BAFX Products (TM) - 2 Pack - Anti Shock Hiking / Walking / Trekking Trail Poles - 1 Pair. Unfortunately, the Promaster Monopod did not pass the test. The end tip fell off after the first day of use. We are so glad that we had the pair of BAFX trail poles. If you are planning for a serious hiking trip, choose your gear carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars MonoPod, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
For the price, this product suited my needs. It is sturdy enough to use as a walking stick
and is adjustable to the right height for mounting my camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what expected but pleased., February 24, 2014
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
The monopod was lighter weight than I had expected but after using it am quite pleased. It functions quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a walking stick., July 15, 2013
Karen G (New York state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this for my father to help with walking. It is not being used for a camera. He has spine problems and was walking bent-over with a cane, which aggravated his back. This stick allows him to walk more upright while still having support. The price is reasonable and it is working well so far. He has gotten many favorable comments on it from other senior citizens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price fast delivery nice stick, September 2, 2014
This review is from: Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black) (Electronics)
It's seems good..I didn't use it for my intended purpose but I have used it as a monopod for my camera. Id say it would make a good walking stick too.

Promaster Monopod/Walking Stick (Black)
$23.99 $19.00