- Save $5 on "The Martian [Blu-ray]" or "The Martian [3D Blu-ray]" with your purchase of select sci-fi titles. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
A team of scientists journey through the universe on the spaceship "Prometheus" on a voyage to investigate Alien life forms. The team of scientists becomes stranded on an Alien world, and as they struggle to survive it becomes clear that the horrors they experience are not just a threat to themselves, but to all of mankind. - WellardRockard
A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
Meet the Characters
- Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw captured the eyes of the international entertainment community with her commanding, unnerving and critically acclaimed portrayal of Lisbeth Salander in the film adaptations of Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Rapace began her acting career at the age of seven, in Iceland's In the Shadow of the Raven. She has since gone to appear in over twenty films and television shows. Born in Sweden, Rapace is the daughter of Flamenco singer Rogelio Duran. Shaw, an archaeologist, discovers a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading her and a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey, aboard the spaceship Prometheus, to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race. Shaw and her team aboard the Prometheus are on nothing less than a journey to discover answers to some of life’s most profound questions. She is a scientist filled with faith and hope, but who transforms into a warrior when faced with the danger she encounters at her destination.
Top Customer Reviews
If you haven't seen the film yet, you're still probably aware of the polarized reception it received. Some love it, some hate it. Instead of giving you another opinion on why it's the best/worst film ever, let me tell you what to expect. PROMETHEUS is not a horror film. Certainly it has structural similarities to ALIEN, and there is one scene that I would consider very "stressful." But overall, the film is what I would classify as a "concept drama." That is, a drama that doesn't focus on characters, but rather on concept. Don't let any of the tense trailers fool you, this movie was meant as a discussion piece, not an adrenaline rush. You can decide whether it succeeds or fails when you watch it yourself.
Onto the discs ...
DISC 1 - 3D Blu-Ray (ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE 4-DISC VERSION)
A lot of critics commented that PROMETHEUS had some of the best use of 3D they have ever seen. I don't know that it fully delivered on what I was expecting, but here is my take on the 3D presentation seen on this disc:
1) 3D isn't used as a gimmick where things jut out of the screen at you, which is a plus in my book.
2) There are a few sequences that look absolutely gorgeous in 3D, usually involving holograms or "projected" images. I also think that the medpod scene benefits particularly by the use of 3D.
3) I feel like the depth of the 3D was under-utilized. Almost everyone seems to disagree with me, but I felt that throughout most of the film, the 3D was a bit flat.Read more ›
You, a scientist, have landed on a distant planet with a team of fellow scientists in search of alien life. What would you do in the following scenarios?
1. Upon first arrival and entrance into what appears to be a manufactured cave structure, you deploy very high tech scanning and mapping probes. Do you:
A) Also send out your android crew member to evaluate any possible danger and then wait for the probes to finish scanning and mapping before you begin exploring?
B) Brazenly charge forward into the unknown and maybe consult your equipment's discoveries later, shrugging off any blips of alien life as an equipment malfunction?
2. While traveling through the cave structure on this alien planet you discover the presence of oxygen in the air. Do you:
A) Keep your space helmet secured tightly because there may be any number of unknown elements, pathogens, bacteria, contagions, and other toxic substances in the atmosphere that are undetectable by your equipment?
B) Quickly remove your helmet AFTER stating what an idiotic idea it is because a fellow teenage scientist, who has properly tested the air by taking a few shallow breaths, peer-pressures you into it?
3. Your android crew member appears to have quickly learned the language of the inscriptions found within the cave. Do you:
A) Ask him to translate everything and share his wealth of knowledge from that point forward?
B) Treat him like a red-headed step child and ignore him for the rest of the mission?
4. As scientists on a mission in search of alien life, you stumble upon a deceased alien life form in the cave structure.Read more ›
-There have been various opinions about the special effects. Personally, I thought the visuals and soundtrack were awesome. They definitely made me favorably disposed towards this film.
-Michael Fassbender is spellbinding.
The main problem with the entire film is that nobody (other than Michael Fassbender) has any plausible motivation for the majority of their behavior. As a result the entire movie is basically just an exercise in convenience, much like your modern B-movie horror flick.
**** COMPLETE SPOILER ****
Weyland is old and dying. A couple scientists convince him our progenitors are located in a specific solar system based on some old cave paintings found in separate locations. Weyland immediately spends a few trillion on a space ship and fills it full of the most absurd band of miscreants he can find, plus one awesome android, plus himself (shhhh it's an unnecessary secret). His plan?... become immortal somehow.
It's just completely absurd. Why is he secretly on the ship, instead of just... entirely visibly on the ship? It's HIS ship. Why does he think wandering up to these aliens and asking them a few questions is a good route to immortality in the first place? Honestly his role/quest is entirely unnecessary and should have either been legitimized with SOME sort of evidence, reasoning, or belief structure, or thrown out. When his quest inevitably and laughably fails even his final quote... is stupid. We don't care enough about his mission to care about its failure.
The four scientists are far more maddening and will be discussed from least maddening to "makes me want to curl up into a ball and sob uncontrollably" can-of-walnuts crazytown.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a huge undertaking and should probably be watched multiple times to wring out all of the content.Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Great movie. Ridley Scott did a great job continuing the Alien series with Prometheus. The 3D is simply fantastic. I can't wait for the follow up.Published 1 day ago by ReviewLP
Well, I suppose any fan of the Alien series of films could have roughly outlined this one and know what's coming. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Shinycool
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|Full Specs-List (@The Digital Bits)||
yeah...changed my order over to the 4 disc set a while ago. You are right; "the furious gods" should absolutely be worth the $ difference. Lauzirika is the man (loved the alien anthology set!). cant wait to dig through this set on the 9th!
Oct 4, 2012 by joeyjoe | See all 6 posts
|19.99 at Best Buy after upgrade and save||
Do I really want to part with a movie and deal with the hassle of Best Buy just to save a couple of dollars after tax? It sounds nice in principal, but the less I can deal with BB, the better :P
Oct 10, 2012 by Ares_EMS | See all 14 posts
It is region free! www.blu-ray.com
Oct 10, 2012 by Jørgen Holteng | See all 2 posts
the 4 disc cover art looks perfect!
Oct 2, 2012 by Benton | See all 13 posts
|Is this real digital copy or ultraviolet stuff?||
Same thing for me, Ultraviolet worked, but when I put in the digital copy disc and followed the prompts, the code was not recognized as valid by iTunes. I contacted FOX and fully expect that they will give me a new code.
UPDATED: I figured it out. The code given won't work in iTunes, you need... Read More
Oct 9, 2012 by Andrew H. Moore | See all 8 posts
|Is this in 4k?||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray 3D
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General