Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on November 5, 2014
I really liked this book and I had to use a lot of Kleenex. The setting is Kandahar at a combat field hospital. We meet Karen an ER nurse and Brian a Medivac helicopter pilot who are just getting to know each about 4 months in. Brian doesn't make it (I was so ticked at the author) and I was just starting to like him. He had uneasy feelings that he wasn't going to make it so he made her promise 2 things. Like I said lots of tears and I do forgive the author It's really a good story one that you will like I highly recommend it
on December 16, 2012
A short but well developed story with realistic and interesting characters. The story was very moving and well executed. I liked the fact that the romance storylines involved both young and old. The romantic encounters were not too explicit which is rare with most modern romance stories. I could not find anything to fault on this book. Highly recommended.
on March 6, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it's a very quick read, and has a good storyline. The characters are done fairly simplistically, but I think that's good, because trying to go much further in depth could have turned this into a book 3 times the length. This is a feel good story, but it's not afraid to call people bad and I think that's difficult to combine so I think the author did a good job.
on February 16, 2015
Lovely romantic fiction.

Clean believable story line, plot, well developed characters.

Really nothing to fault except the length, but as a lover of short sweet romances, I totally dig it!
on September 8, 2012
I enjoyed the beginning of the story. I firmly believe that things happen for a reason and when they are meant to be. It was great to read about places in Canada that my MOm mentioned when I was growing up. The ending of the story was short, rushed and made it less believeable for me. To all those that have served-Thank you for your bravery.
on April 28, 2015
This novel really is about the war, and how it affects the nurse that worked in the war zone. The only real violence was the description of the war.
And there is romance, but the main object is the healing that takes place when she returns from the war and the loss of her special friend when his helicopter is hit. Good example of what our brave people have to endure.
on January 18, 2014
Promise Me is another very enjoyable book by Mona Ingram. I must admit that I found it hard to get into at first. But after reading a few more pages, I found it hard to put the Kindle down. If you enjoy short romance novels, then I recommend you read this one.
on August 31, 2011
Ms Ingram created a wonderfully touching story of love with great characters and setting. The twists of the two love stories pull the reader through the story into a fulfilling ending. If you're looking for a great summer read, PROMISE ME will deliver.
on June 16, 2012
Promise Me is lovely story. I enjoyed the realistic contemporary wartime setting and the issues surrounding that, which made parts of the book very touching. The romance will tug at your heartstrings, but ultimately come to a satisfying happy ever after.
on February 20, 2015
Very short, but I enjoyed the characters and the story. I too appreciate a romance without the gratuitous sex scenes that seem to be so popular.