Most helpful critical review
7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
Not his best work.... but Miles better to what is out there...
on October 5, 2014
Overrall I think this is Kem's weakest album, but its not the worst because there are signature songs on here. I don't think anything will compare to his last album. I think his style changed a little on this record and songs a bit.... mainstream.... Especially with the songs "Downtown" and "My Favorite Things" and the Title track. Kem has not lost himself musically like most have... unfortunately I have to put Ledisi on blast for "The Truth" but I hope he keeps up with putting out what he's known for and what we love him for.
My top 5:
5. My Favorite Thing - The song grew on me and it was different for Kem, but I do like it a lot now.
4. Saving My Love For You - Signature Kem. Nothing else to say!
3. Say Something Real - This sounds like a track from his first Album. I love the funkiness and the lyrics.
2. The Soft Side of Love - Beautiful... Reminds me a little of Frankie Beverly and Maze. Just want want to hear from Kem.
1. It's You - Love this song! He really knows his love songs and this one sounds like a classic R&B song.