Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2012 9:09:57 AM PDT
Hudson says:
I see they just added a promotional credit to this purchase. Does that mean that we who preordered it get the credit? If not... I'm definitely returning this.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:26:37 AM PDT
Jared Cvetas says:
Good question. I preordered as well. Last year.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:34:06 AM PDT
I don't think anyone will know for the next 24 to 48 hours. The product page now clearly states that all existing pre-orders will get this, yet the reps have no idea. If they don't honor it, I think that is pretty crappy business. Ship ALL of the pre orders then add the promotion after all orders are shipped.....weak...

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:00:38 AM PDT
See the "Target Post" there is a whole discussion about it.

Short answer, I preordered, got mine today, I chatted with Amazon and no they are not going to honor it for me. I have to refuse shipment and reorder. Problem is, at $450 I really need to wait for the credit to post before I reorder and that is 10-15 days before I will be credited. Promotion will more then likely be over by then...sighhhh

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:09:19 AM PDT
I don't think anyone will know for the next 24 to 48 hours. The product page now clearly states that all existing pre-orders will get this, yet the reps have no idea. If they don't honor it, I think that is pretty crappy business. Ship ALL of the pre orders then add the promotion after all orders are shipped.....weak...

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:15:05 AM PDT
L. A. REED says:
Amazon has been pretty good about honoring deals like this on existing pre-orders. I would definitely take a screen-shot of the page showing the promo. You may have to call a few times, or email even, but hopefully they honor it.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:39:32 AM PDT
I just printed the page and emailed customer support. Hopefully they will make good and make me happy with them again.

To receive a $50 credit when you order the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle, click here. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon.com reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 10:52:44 AM PDT
Clintdawg says:
I preordered this console as well. When I noticed the credit, I contacted customer and asked them if it would apply to preorders. The response was as follows.

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've issued you a $50.00 promotional certificate, which
you can use the next time you order an item sold by Amazon.com.

It should apply, but you may have to be proactive to receive it. I hope this helps.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:11:56 AM PDT
Sure hope the credit gets applied to my order as well. I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact customer service rather than wait around hoping it will get applied.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:39:31 AM PDT
TiKiMaN1 says:
"This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon.com reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last."

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:14:11 PM PDT
they applied the 50 to my account. you really have to raise hell though

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:36:29 PM PDT
Just got this email:

Hello,

I've reviewed our previous chat with you, and I'm very sorry about the incorrect information you received.

I checked your order #104-6441255-4067446 and see that your "Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle" was shipped on April 2.

I checked the description of the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle offer and see we'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail within 2 days after the order ships.

You'll receive your promotional certificate by April 4. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

Looks like they are fixing the issue. Those of you who pre-ordered I would definitely send Amazon an email and make sure they make good on this if you do not see your credit in the next few days.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 2:05:23 PM PDT
Guys I preordered on March 10th 2012 and just got my promotional code. I did send them an email with this discussion link in it as well, letting them know other people are concerned about this.

"Thank you for purchasing the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $50 credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 4/30/2013 (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com, add a qualifying item shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. On the final checkout page, enter the promotional code listed above in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. Once you click Apply, the discount should appear in your Order Summary.

The promotion code must be used by April 30, 2013."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 2:12:16 PM PDT
I pre-ordered in November. My order status still says "Shipping Soon" and I just got an email from Amazon with my $50 promo code. I didn't have to contact Amazon or anything. Hope my console ships tonight!

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 2:14:48 PM PDT
Yea I just got my credit! Thank you Amazon for listening!

Now all I need is the Kit Fisto credit and my son will have a very happy birthday!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about