Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 22, 2007
I've used a lot of different brands of walking shoes and different models within brands and the Propet Stability Walker is head and shoulders above the rest. I walk 5 miles a day every day and need a good shoe. They are more comfortable right out of the box, they provide excellent support, and hold up under heavy use. I have used them for years and they have kept me pain free from plantar fascitis.
on January 9, 2007
These do promote a more stable stride especially on slick surfaces. I only buy Propet for walking shoes. They are quality made. My only disappointment was the sizing. They run wider in the heel and toe than other shoes I've purchased from them in the same size.
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 8, 2008
I'm a nurse in a busy facility. I rarely have the luxury of sitting down during my shift. I am always walking and standing. I really don't have foot problems but saw this ad and thought I'd buy a pair to see how they feel. First - the sizing is a bit odd. I wear a standard size 8 - medium width, and I guess I was too quick to order the 8M- which turns out to be US size 8D. These shoes are a bit snug around the toe area, and my feet are not wide at all. The heel also comes up a bit high on my ankle, which is a bit uncomfortable.
They are sturdy shoes and I expect them to last a long, long time. Compared to the nurse shoes I usually wear, these shoes are pretty hard. I'm not 100% sure I'd order them again.
on October 17, 2007
These shoes are the best I've ever had. I have a new job that involves standing. These shoes have made the standing so much less painful. They stabilize foot/knee and therefore hip. They are amazing and I recommend them to everyone who stands or walks a lot.
on January 12, 2008
My sister is a diabetic and has extreme feet problems. She has worn this shoe in white for the last 3 years and loves them. She decided she needed a black pair, so I ordered them for her. She loves these also. They help her feet, leg and back problems by giving her pain relief. Additionally, if ordered from the right place, they are affordable. Research the assits of these shoes and we think you will love them too.
on November 7, 2012
I couldn't really tell from the pictures, but the toe area on this shoe is very narrow. And I even purchased the wide ones. I'm on my feet all day and can't have my toes all squished up, it's uncomfortable and just asking for trouble.

More importantly, and if you're thinking of buying these please pay close attention, the way the decorative leather pieces overlap just at the side of your small toe, cause a sharp painful rubbing right where you DON'T want it.

I tried on the right shoe, tied it up, felt the sharp rubbing on my baby toe, and that's all she wrote. These went back in the box and back to Amazon immediately. Thank goodness they have such a hassle free return policy. Thanks Amazon!
on June 8, 2007
I love my shoes and the stability they give me in walking. I have more than one pair in my closet. With my disability in balance this is a perfect shoe. And Amazon had them 10.00 less than I usually pay. Great shoe great deal.
on October 31, 2012
This is my 2nd pair of Propet walkers. I have the other pair that has mesh instead of solid leather, which are good for summer time but not winter when it's wet outside. I wanted a leather pair to keep the moisture out of my shoes when I'm outside & I do walk a lot so a good walking shoe is a must.
I'm type 2 diabetic & was having some ingrown toe nail problems. After buying my 1st pair of these shoes, within 3 months I was able to get rid of the ingrown toe nail. The shoes have more toe room & are stable to keep my foot from rolling out when I walk. I was having lots of back pain, and if I don't get a good shoe like i said my foot rolls out & my ankles start to hurt.
With these shoes I have no pain, am steady on my feet & the rubber sole is good to keep me from sliding around on wet floors: an added plus.
I wanted to mention that these shoes are comfortable, they have a snug fit feel to them, but not so tight that your feet feel crammed. Earlier I was wearing these shoes because my feet were so swollen I couldn't get anything else on except slippers. These went right on, did not make my feet feel crammed, & with the heel pain I was having from the swelling i couldn't feel it.
These are really some nice shoes, they are light weight & feel good after being on my feet all day walking around, even when I take the dog for a walk.
I've cleaned out my closet of all the other favorite shoes I had, and only have these 2 pairs now. Nothing else can compare to how these feel for me & how well they keep my feet healthy.
on January 15, 2013
I worked an 8 hour shift,and the shoe itself was hard and lacked support.Your heel strike was like walking on concrete, with bare feet.I also felt that the over all fit too big, and not true to size.I gave the shoes to a friend and she could not tolerate as well. Sorry I had high hopes.
on November 20, 2015
Hello, I just have to tell you that I have weak knees and I have RA so at times when I walk I do not feel stable on my feet. I am now on my second pair of these shoes because I believe the sole is wider and I feel more stable while walking. I feel more confident walking about. Very comfortable, they wear well too. Easy on & off and lacing/tieing is easy. I liked mine so much I bought a pair of men's for my husband.