Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 27, 2013
Replacing a pillow can be challenging for those of us with neck, shoulder &/or back issues. The Proper Pillow came promptly, was packaged well & is definitely well constructed in comparison to some others I ordered by mail. Unfortunately it's memory foam core was too firm for my comfort & fibromyalgia issues. I was awakened every 2-3 hours needing to shift position from back to side & back again due to neck & should pain & had radiating pain down my arms when I got out of bed in the morning. I have slept well for years on a memory foam bed with a standard foam pillow & reluctantly returned to that option after a trial & error with several other side/back sleeper choices. I don't like foam rubber with all it's chemicals but my body seems to favor it over memory foam. This was disappointing as I liked the concept construction of the Proper Pillow & thought it would really work for me. I would not discourage other back & side sleepers from trying it. The materials appeared to be of top quality & the quilted case unzips for washing.
on May 11, 2013
I don't know about you, but I have never been completely satisfied with a pillow before, and I have always dreaded the process of buying a new pillow because they take so long to "wear in." That is until I tried the Proper Pillow. I never write reviews (although I rely on them when buying stuff) but felt the need to write a review about this pillow. Although I was prepared to have to wear it in, I didn't need to. It was so comfortable from night one!!! It cradles my head and holds my neck in such a comfortable position. Gone are the nights of tossing and turning, fluffing up and punching down my pillow to find the sweet spot - it's built right in! I am so excited to have found this pillow. Not only do I know I am going to get great night's sleep, but I know I am doing good for my back, neck, spine and health by using it. Thank you Proper Pillow!!!!!
on October 4, 2013
We humans spend one third of our lives sleeping, yet it seems like we pay very little attention and money to the things we sleep on. I recently tried to change this after years of a bad back and neck. After investing in a good mattress, I went on a hunt for the best pillow. I found it.

The Proper Pillow is by far the best pillow I have ever slept on. It contours perfectly to fit my head and neck, whether I am sleeping on my back or my side. It honestly was a game changer for me.

I think I have only reviewed one other product on Amazon. That is how much of an impact this pillow has had upon me. The fact that I use it at least 8 hours per day, is more than enough reason to spend the few extra bucks on investing in my health and happiness in a pillow. Besides maybe my mattress, I can't think of another product I use as often on a daily basis.

I am telling you, it's worth it.
on June 3, 2013
For years (maybe 5?) I've been using the Medflow water pillow (http://www.amazon.com/Mediflow-1006-06-Original-Waterbase-Pillow/dp/B003J372NS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370274483&sr=8-1) and it's been great. Unfortunately because it's so heavy, people tend to manhandle my pillow a little too roughly and I think it's gotten to the point where the plastic inside that holds the water has become a bit misshapen. I have trouble pushing all the air out and now it just feels too big. Instead of cradling my head, it just pushes against it.

I figured I'd take this opportunity to try a different pillow. I first saw the Proper Pillow at a Home & Garden show. I was intrigued by the hole in the middle of the memory foam, and I liked the fact that it was flatter than most orthopedic pillows, and softer as well. I find the vast majority of memory foam and similar pillows much too tall and hard. This pillow is made of low density foam, so it gives more. I had high hopes that it would softly support my neck.

Here was my experience: The first night, the fumes from the foam bothered me. It kept me awake until I pushed the pillow away and went back to my old one. So I aired it out for a day outside. The second night was better, and by the third night I no longer smelled it. The third night also confirmed what I was hoping would not happen... I was waking up with a stiff neck. Maybe my head is too small or my pencil neck too sensitive, but by morning I would feel like most of the pressure was on my neck due to not enough support under my head. The nice thing about the water pillow was that my head would push the water down, and the displaced water would support my neck. It was a custom fit. This pillow might work really well for someone with a slightly bigger head. The Proper Pillow does have a higher side and a lower side, unfortunately neither side seemed to work all that well for me.
on June 30, 2013
I got this pillow about a week ago from my chiropractor's office hoping to relieve pain in my neck and shoulder resulting from a pinched nerve. It's really working for me. I am waking up in the mornings now without pain, and I'm not waking as much in the middle of the night to switch positions. Being well rested and without pain has made a big difference in my life. Recommend highly.
on August 10, 2014
I was a bit skeptical when I bought it, but after using it continuously now for 5 months, I have to say the pillow has lived up to all it's claims. I've suffered from neck pain for >20years, and continuously needed therapy and medication to manage the pain. However, after just a few weeks with this pillow my pain was decreased to almost nothing. I've essentially stopped the ibuprofen and chiropractor adjustments are down from weekly to monthly. I'm amazed I went years with neck pain, and never realized that sleeping with a either a feather or foam pillow was aggravating my neck so much.
I read in the reviews that others thought this pillow was hard, but it's not all. Maybe they were comparing it to a feather pillow, but if you compare it to a tempur pedic, this is a much softer and giving memory foam. After buying my first one 5 months ago, I've bought 3 more for my guest rooms and girlfriend.
on May 9, 2014
I'm a patient of Dr. Rick Loos, the inventor of the Proper Pillow. He's the most talented chiropractor on the West Coast based on my 40 years of experience, and quite the visionary when it comes to neck support.
The product works as advertised, is sound in concept and the quality of construction is outstanding.
My wife and I have both found that when used as recommended we've minimized morning neck soreness.
While I wouldn't go so far as to say that I like it better than the contour memory foam pillow I've used for years, I can recommend the Proper Pillow to anyone looking for a better nights rest.
on February 27, 2014
I had developed some issues with my neck because of "improper pillows." I gravitated towards the proper pillow because of the unique neck supportive features. It all made sense for the skull to sit lower than the neck so it can maintain and/or support a proper neck arch support. For the first several weeks I notice my neck was sore from this pillow yet I was still getting deep sleep. My guess is that this pillow was reconfiguring the damage I from the years of improper neck arch support. You have to give this pillow some time for you to adapt but once you get through that adaptation phase, you will love it.

Bonus note. I had a serious teeth grinding issue. My dentist kept telling me to keep stress low as that's the cause. Meanwhile I am happy and pretty darn stress free. I found that the use of this pillow has eliminated my teeth grinding! How do I know? Every time I travel and or use a different pillow, I wake up in the middle of the night with my teeth grinding.
on July 6, 2013
I have tried to sleep on my back for years. I was a stomach sleeper and always had neck pain and needed trips to the chiropractor. I have truly been amazed by my transformation and ability to now sleep on my back with the assistance of the Proper Pillow. I feel like my head nestles into the center support and I can calmly fall asleep. The width is perfect and not over supportive. My neck feels stronger and I'm in less pain. I also like that I'm waking up without all the fabric lines on my face from sleeping on my stomach while my face is smashed into the pillow. This pillow is amazing.
on September 10, 2015
The Proper Pillow sent my husband this pillow to test out. At first he didn’t like the pillow and kept tossing it to the side and wouldn’t use it. Then one night, he pilled it on the top of his pillow tower, and slept with it all night and ended up liking it, and now uses it at the top, and took the other one out. With the cooling technology we did better with the pillow case off, since homes here don’t come with AC in them, so he uses as is. It has made his acid reflex much better through the night. He still snores a bit, he gets sleep apnea and has to use one those machines. The pillow washes great, can just throw the whole thing in. You can even use the dryer. It is white and if you don’t use a pillow case, than the material will be get stuff all over it. This is the best pillow, it molds to your head, and doesn’t flatten out at all, will mold back up.