4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality but just not right

Published 16 months ago by Zoe Blessing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality but just not right, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
Replacing a pillow can be challenging for those of us with neck, shoulder &/or back issues. The Proper Pillow came promptly, was packaged well & is definitely well constructed in comparison to some others I ordered by mail. Unfortunately it's memory foam core was too firm for my comfort & fibromyalgia issues. I was awakened every 2-3 hours needing to shift position from back to side & back again due to neck & should pain & had radiating pain down my arms when I got out of bed in the morning. I have slept well for years on a memory foam bed with a standard foam pillow & reluctantly returned to that option after a trial & error with several other side/back sleeper choices. I don't like foam rubber with all it's chemicals but my body seems to favor it over memory foam. This was disappointing as I liked the concept construction of the Proper Pillow & thought it would really work for me. I would not discourage other back & side sleepers from trying it. The materials appeared to be of top quality & the quilted case unzips for washing.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I don't know about you, but I have never been completely satisfied with a pillow before, and I have always dreaded the process of buying a new pillow because they take so long to "wear in." That is until I tried the Proper Pillow. I never write reviews (although I rely on them when buying stuff) but felt the need to write a review about this pillow. Although I was prepared to have to wear it in, I didn't need to. It was so comfortable from night one!!! It cradles my head and holds my neck in such a comfortable position. Gone are the nights of tossing and turning, fluffing up and punching down my pillow to find the sweet spot - it's built right in! I am so excited to have found this pillow. Not only do I know I am going to get great night's sleep, but I know I am doing good for my back, neck, spine and health by using it. Thank you Proper Pillow!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pillow I've Owned, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
We humans spend one third of our lives sleeping, yet it seems like we pay very little attention and money to the things we sleep on. I recently tried to change this after years of a bad back and neck. After investing in a good mattress, I went on a hunt for the best pillow. I found it.

The Proper Pillow is by far the best pillow I have ever slept on. It contours perfectly to fit my head and neck, whether I am sleeping on my back or my side. It honestly was a game changer for me.

I think I have only reviewed one other product on Amazon. That is how much of an impact this pillow has had upon me. The fact that I use it at least 8 hours per day, is more than enough reason to spend the few extra bucks on investing in my health and happiness in a pillow. Besides maybe my mattress, I can't think of another product I use as often on a daily basis.

I am telling you, it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pillow, June 30, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I got this pillow about a week ago from my chiropractor's office hoping to relieve pain in my neck and shoulder resulting from a pinched nerve. It's really working for me. I am waking up in the mornings now without pain, and I'm not waking as much in the middle of the night to switch positions. Being well rested and without pain has made a big difference in my life. Recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Pillow, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
No one wants to wake up with a sore neck or back? Just imagine if you have chronic back/neck pain how important a good night sleep is! This is my husband to a T!! One neck surgery in and needing another, a restful night's sleep isn't just important it's necessary!
Proper Pillow allows him just that! The pillow is comfortable and provides ample support to keep his neck and back in the correct alignment. This isn't just a small memory foam pillow. This pillow is bigger than the standard pillows we already have, and has a notch in the center for your head, to allow your spine and neck to line up.
Night one my husband didn't notice much difference, but by night two and three, he was getting more sleep and better quality! The Proper Pillow is perfect for those who suffer from neck and back pain, or just an all around terrible sleep! I know we are happy to have had the opportunity to review the Proper Pillow!

Reviewed by Step for New Age Mama

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than other orthopedic pillows, but still not good enough for my sensitive neck, June 3, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
For years (maybe 5?) I've been using the Medflow water pillow (http://www.amazon.com/Mediflow-1006-06-Original-Waterbase-Pillow/dp/B003J372NS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370274483&sr=8-1) and it's been great. Unfortunately because it's so heavy, people tend to manhandle my pillow a little too roughly and I think it's gotten to the point where the plastic inside that holds the water has become a bit misshapen. I have trouble pushing all the air out and now it just feels too big. Instead of cradling my head, it just pushes against it.

I figured I'd take this opportunity to try a different pillow. I first saw the Proper Pillow at a Home & Garden show. I was intrigued by the hole in the middle of the memory foam, and I liked the fact that it was flatter than most orthopedic pillows, and softer as well. I find the vast majority of memory foam and similar pillows much too tall and hard. This pillow is made of low density foam, so it gives more. I had high hopes that it would softly support my neck.

Here was my experience: The first night, the fumes from the foam bothered me. It kept me awake until I pushed the pillow away and went back to my old one. So I aired it out for a day outside. The second night was better, and by the third night I no longer smelled it. The third night also confirmed what I was hoping would not happen... I was waking up with a stiff neck. Maybe my head is too small or my pencil neck too sensitive, but by morning I would feel like most of the pressure was on my neck due to not enough support under my head. The nice thing about the water pillow was that my head would push the water down, and the displaced water would support my neck. It was a custom fit. This pillow might work really well for someone with a slightly bigger head. The Proper Pillow does have a higher side and a lower side, unfortunately neither side seemed to work all that well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm now a back sleeper! 5 stars, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I have tried to sleep on my back for years. I was a stomach sleeper and always had neck pain and needed trips to the chiropractor. I have truly been amazed by my transformation and ability to now sleep on my back with the assistance of the Proper Pillow. I feel like my head nestles into the center support and I can calmly fall asleep. The width is perfect and not over supportive. My neck feels stronger and I'm in less pain. I also like that I'm waking up without all the fabric lines on my face from sleeping on my stomach while my face is smashed into the pillow. This pillow is amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard -- hurt my neck, August 24, 2013
Patricia D. Short (Chino Hills, California USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I was looking for a pillow that wouldn't hurt my neck, but this one made the pain worse than before.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOUND CONCEPT, EXCELLENT QUALITY PILLOW, May 9, 2014
Sean Jewett (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I'm a patient of Dr. Rick Loos, the inventor of the Proper Pillow. He's the most talented chiropractor on the West Coast based on my 40 years of experience, and quite the visionary when it comes to neck support.
The product works as advertised, is sound in concept and the quality of construction is outstanding.
My wife and I have both found that when used as recommended we've minimized morning neck soreness.
While I wouldn't go so far as to say that I like it better than the contour memory foam pillow I've used for years, I can recommend the Proper Pillow to anyone looking for a better nights rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! This should be called the perfect pillow, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Proper Pillow The Back & Side Support Sleep Pillow
I love this pillow! I have neck and back problems and have tried EVERY pillow...with all my travels, this is an amazing pillow. I have worked in the Biomedical engineering industry as well as hospital clinical engineering and this is an exciting find. I sleep on my sides and now I can sleep on my back. I have never been able to sleep on my back. I'm not sure when Amazon is going to have more available but I'm going to purchase 3 more to give as gifts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›