How to Properly Maintain Battery? What's the best way to properly maintain the battery in this wonderful shaver? I've read that one is supposed to charge the battery to full capacity than use the shaver until the battery is dead (full cycle). However I use the cleaning station every day or every other day so the battery only loses charge for a shave or two before I put the shaver in the cleaning station which also charges the battery. You can't clean the shaver without charging it. My question is what's the best way to maintain the battery since it's being charged daily even with minimal battery drain?
asked by J.F. on February 6, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
I had this same question, and asked Braun customer service. They told me that the shaver has an automatic battery maintenance mode (they called it "conditioning") where it is discharged and then recharged at a regular basis to keep the battery functioning properly and extend its lifespan. They recommended keeping the shaver base plugged in and put the shaver back into the base after each shave. It will take care of the battery via its maintenance mode as needed.

They also recommended that the shaver be cleaned after each use, but -- and no offense to Braun -- I have to think that is in no small part due to the fact that they make money selling cleaning refills. I clean mine every other shave (or sometimes every 3-4 shaves). Using the quick clean function also conserves cleaning fluid, but it doesn't reset the hygene monitor.
Comdet answered on February 8, 2011

A
votes
Thanks a lot for the information. I thought I read somewhere online that the cleaning station does automatically provide optimal battery health but thanks for the confirmation on how it works.
J.F. answered on February 9, 2011

A
votes
If it has a lythium battery you have to charge after every shave in order to prolong battery life. Also do not store or use the battery to high temperatures, the lower is the temp the better is.
Mik answered on January 13, 2012

A
vote
I've wondered the same thing regarding battery conditioning. My old Braun 7570 definitely automatically conditioned the battery every six months or so (full drain, then prompted you to recharge it), but the owner's manual on my new 790cc says nothing about it. But apparently, it still has this feature. Good information.
PH answered on December 6, 2011

A
vote
Braun has told me that you can recharge after every use or let it run down as you wish.
However, if you recharge all the time, they say it's a good idea to let it run down completely through normal use every six months or so and then fully recharge. I do this every 4 months or so just to be safe. By the way, Braun promises 50 minutes of shave time per charge but doing this has given me twice that including 10 days of standby time.
Robert Stein answered on December 30, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›