Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 29, 2010
Just received this pair today. They look great and have a nice design to them. That's were the good stops. Unfortunately, the sandal has a problem with the un-adjustable backstrap. It makes your foot go forward one whole size at least. It is simply mis-placed and needs to be back further so your foot can utilize the back of the sandal as well. I'm not sure about the rest, but the comfort looked nice (never tried on for more than a minute). Too bad. Looked nice, but poor build. I returned them.
on August 23, 2011
I have to say, I've never heard of Propet before and I came across these accidentally while browsing for Sandals. I read some of the positive reviews (on Amazon) and I had a coupon for shoebuy (where they were cheaper than Amazon) and decided to give them a try. I figured if I didn't like them I could just send them back free of charge (from shoebuy). well, I've gone through plenty of sandals in the past and when they are worn down I just throw them out and buy a different brand (usually). However, I think I may have finally found a brand of sandal I will buy again! they are very comfortable, quality leather straps and the soles make walking nice & easy as opposed to other sandals that are quite horrible walking around in. I would recommend these to anyone looking for comfortable every day sandals! I'll wear them 'til they're worn and probably buy the same ones.. or whatever is the current model upgrade, whenever that time comes.
on February 16, 2015
The main problem is that the heel strap is not adjustable and it is cut too short to allow the heel to rest at the intended spot thereby pushing the whole foot forward so toes hang over the front edge. While the length of the footbed is a 9, the useable space is only an 8.5 because the heel strap is cut too short and not adjustable. Order a half size larger than you normally would.
on August 29, 2008
Excellent vendor, fast delivery, great sandal. I've had both knees replaced and sandals are usually hard on my knees. Low quality sandal may look the same but have a harsh jarring when walking. I'll will buy another pair from this vendor when these start to ware.
on March 4, 2011
EDIT: These sandals broke. I wore them for one summer - one or two days per week, max., for our short 4 month summer, plus one month this summer. One of the plastic loops that holds the front strap broke. This loop is plastic and quite thin. Based on this break, I wouldn't plan on getting very long use out of these. This is a bummer for a sandal that costs this much. This isn't a $5 flip flop.
original review below

I like these sandals. They aren't perfect, but they are nice and wide for my 8.5 EEE feet. Just that fact alone is worth a good rating from me, as it is hard to find wide sandals. They are plenty adjustable, so I assume they would fit normal width feet too. Very good quality sole and leather uppers. I used them as beach and water shoes, getting them wet and sandy for days. I just rinsed them off with water at the end of the day, and they seemed no worse for wear. They are comfortable standing and walking.

My only minor gripes are these. The sandals would be PERFECT if they didn't have the elastic rear piece. The piece that goes around your heel is elastic (it is the same leather, it just has stretch material built into it so it is a little stretchy). It feels like if I got really athletic with these that they could slip off. I got used to it and it is a relatively minor gripe. The only other minor gripe is that for an 8.5, it ends up being a little long on both ends. This doesn't really matter to me, just seemed 1/4"+ longer on each end than it should have been. not a big deal at all.

In balance, I'm very happy with the high quality, comfortable sandals.
on July 2, 2015
This was my second pair. The first pair I had for maybe 5 years. I would wear them walking in the water a lot when landing the tender on shore or just walking around town. Once you get them broke in and adjusted right you don't really need to use the straps any more, just pull them on and off. They are built very well and hold up great. I had no problem with fit even with the width. I normally wear 4E shoes and these are fine.
on August 4, 2011
This Propet Surf Walker was purchased because it got generally good reviews, it was fairly priced and it was available in wide sizes. The sandal is very comfortable and seems very well made to last. The only thing that keeps me from giving 5 stars is that (and someone else mentioned this also) that the strap that goes around behind and above the heel is a bit short, forcing the foot just a little far forward. The adjusting strap in front of the ankle does not make any difference and there is little "give" to this back strap. This seems odd at first but it has not affected the comfort of the sandal in actual use.

I am a female purchaser of mostly men's shoes. Used to be that just being men's they would be a bit wider than women's. As I get older, that bit, is no longer wide enough. Thanks to Propet for offering more choices in wide sizes.
on February 5, 2014
I've purchased half a dozed of these sandals over the last four or five years so getting a proper fit wasn't a problem. Up until this order I thought the quality was fairly good for an inexpensive sandal. The only real problem has been that the zigzag stitching along the sides and back has tended to pull out, and on one pair the tab at the end of the velcro strap broke off after considerable use.

This time I ordered two pairs, same size and color. I would say the quality has slipped. The velcro straps are not the same length on the left and right sandals within a pair, and they are too short. Declining quality seems to be a general problem with inexpensive shoes manufactured overseas. Next time I'll look for another brand, although it will take more effort on my part.
on April 12, 2015
These are the most comfortable sandals I have ever owned. I have a super wide foot and these are perfect. I wore them around Disney Land and never had any problems. I seriously forget I'm not wearing a tennis shoe they have so much support. I would recommend them to anyone. The price is also extremely reasonable for the quality.
on May 15, 2008
Very comfortable and affordable. I have a deformed foot, and this shoe is everything I need. Glad I bought it.