Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 11, 2010
I searched all over the internet for a sneaker slash walking shoe that had velcro straps, and came in size 14 with a 5e width and black for Under $50.00. After reading reviews I settled on the Propet mens black LifeWalker M3705 for $48.00 AND I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. This shoe slides easily on your foot and the velcro strap sticks easily and secures the shoe. If you have a smaller foot you can get these much cheaper, and I will say for the price this is a GREAT SHOE. I would easily pay $65.00 for this shoe after wearing them for a full day, Im sold on them. Great Bargain.
The 5e is perfect, not to wide and not a 5e that is more like a 3e. It is a perfect 5e width. The shoe itself is better than i thought. Not only does it look good enough to wear with casual pants, but It easily goes with jeans as a sneaker. Walking in this shoe is like gliding on air, THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT I DID NOT GET THIS SHOE SOONER. I have now thrown out all my other shoes and sneakers and have made this my go to shoe for now. I highly recommend it for anyone with foot problems. Don't bother reading reviews for other shoes like I did, just get this one , you will be happy with the size and feel.

Now I did get this a 1/2 size bigger, as I am a 13 1/2 and I got the 14, but I wanted the extra room and I could feel that it is a touch big, but still fits good. SO this would lead me to believe it is true to size IN BOTH width and length. Great Shoe.
11 comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2013
I have been wearing Propet for years as the only shoe that is really comfortable for me and have never had a need to contact the retailer Elite Hero.
However, having recently purchased a pair of Propet Men's Life Walker Strap Sneakers, after a short time of wearing I noticed that this product was starting to fall apart at the stitching. Given this was clearly a manufacturers fault I assumed there would be no problem in having them rectify the situation. However, I was told that after you've had them more than 30 days, there is no warranty and the seller will do nothing to rectify the defect!!! This is even though they claim they will walk 1000 miles without problem!

This in no way reflects on Amazon, as they have always served us well and am sure that they will join with me in wishing to post this review as an aid to all of their customers, when dealing with Elite Hero.
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2008
I don't know much about rating shoes other than to say they fit well and seem well made. These shoes have a feather like feeling on your feet, almost like wearing slippers. They are extremely easy to put on, a trait I was looking for since I am starting to have a problem with foot and ankle swelling. The shoes are easily the most comfortable I can remember owning - and are well worth the price.

I don't know what else to say than that I really like these shoes.
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2010
I have been wearing Propet MPED 15 for years as the only shoe that fits both my big foot and custom orthotics.
I take a 12 5E. After years of wearing just one style of shoe, I wanted something a little different.

I figured all 12 5E from the same company would have a similar fit.

NOT SO.

I wish these shoes would have fit me. They have a supportive feel and a nice bounce to them. But the sole is not quite as wide, leading me to fear a turned ankle. To insert my orthotics, which are very wide, I had to roll them up a bit. When on, they pinched a bit. It took me a while to determine that this was a bad fit and not just a different support.

If you have "normal" feet, you will probably love these shoes.

I emailed Propet and Promptly received several other recommendations.
Their web site is: [...]

The return process from Amazon is very easy. This is the first return I have made. I chose the option to have UPS pick up the return at my door. Amazon pays UPS and deducts return shipping from my refund.
on March 24, 2008
I wanted a shoe which had velcro straps instead of shoelaces so it would be easier to get on and off. This does the job and I don't have to worry about untied laces. They are dressy enough to wear as dress shoes, but they are very comfortable and lightweight, Some people think that velcro straps look juvenile compared to shoelaces, but I just laugh when I've got my shoes on and other people are still tying their laces.
on July 29, 2008
I recently got some orthodics to help with the foot damage caused by spending a half hour most days on the treadmill for many years. The issue was, that I like to have a number of shoes for different purposes. With orthodics you need wider shoes to accommodate them, so all of my current medium shoes were no longer usable for me. I had purchased three pair of shoes at the specialty shoe store at $140 a pair but need a few more. The Propet's were sold at the store for about twice what I paid for them at Amazon. The shoes are comfortable, excellent for orthodics and delivery time was great too.
on May 11, 2014
According to my Podiatrist I am a 7 EEE {7 3E(W)}. When I received this item, the box it came in stated that the shoe size was 7 3E(X). Even with compression stockings on, I was barely able to get the shoe on my foot. Attempting to walk with them on was OUT OF THE QUESTION. The length was correct but the width was not – all I know is that I am unable to wear these shoes. They will be returned...
on June 22, 2010
i have diabetes neuropathy in both feet and it is painfull to walk for any extended distance. the propet m3705 lifewalker velcro shoes have lessen the pain considerably. i am now walking for my goal of 10k steps a day (about 4 miles). i plan on getting another pair. i wish the vendor would have allowed a quicker method of shipping, definately took to long to ship.
on August 13, 2008
I have been buying this product for over a year and am completely satisfied with the shoes. I wear AFOs to support my ankles and these shoes seem to be the best for a person in my condition.
on May 5, 2014
I am very disappointed in this shoe in white. The uppers began separating from the soles after less than 5 months. When I complained, I was told that this was normal wear and tear. This is very hard to believe for an 84 year-old man. I also have the same shoe in black. After over 8 months this shoe shows no evidence of wear and tear. I will look for a different shoe.