4.0 out of 5 stars Foot-stomping good boot from Amazon
Published on February 16, 2011 by NPR Granola

3.0 out of 5 stars Has it's good points
Published on June 1, 2012 by Nancy K. Ayers

4.0 out of 5 stars Foot-stomping good boot from Amazon, February 16, 2011
Like all Propet shoes and boots I've tried so far, this boot is roomy and comfortable for my shoe-box wide foot. It runs large, and that's perfect for wearing thick winter socks. I appreciate the convenient Velcro closing, especially when I'm bending over in sweaters and snow-gear to fasten the boots. The heavy-tread sole is great in fresh snow, and Yak-Traks or similar grippers go on easily for walking on ice or packed snow. This boot would be perfect with 2 improvements: gussets could attach the tongue to the inner sides of the boot so that the tongue is in place once the foot is in the boot; as it is, the tongue has to be positioned before you fasten the Velcro flap. And the loop at the back of the boot should be larger and perhaps of thicker leather so fat fingers can easily grab and pull the boot on. These boots are getting me--warm and dry-footed--through a Wisconsin winter. What more can you ask?

3.0 out of 5 stars Has it's good points, June 1, 2012
I have only had the boots on a couple hours but they fit ok right away. I am sure that other reviewers said they run a bit large and that is true. The length ran about a half size larger than most. The width is snug for a wide width but they are soft because of the fabric. They are not as clunky as the video shows and I am thankful for that. Now, the pull loop on the back is decorative only. It broke the second time I put the boots on. The ankle has no support at all in spite of the velcro and the boot does not allow my orthotic right now, that may change as I wear them in. They are a very nice looking boot and hopefully hold up well, I bought these instead of the Propet Butte. Next time I will go for the Buttes for sturdiness sake.

2.0 out of 5 stars nice looking but not for all day wear, February 15, 2014
I was hoping for a boot I could wear to work on snowy days and could wear all day in an office environment. These have good traction. I like the velcro closure even though it doesn't allow me to tighten the fit as much as I'd like. I prefer wide width shoes but can wear most normal widths. The width on these is a little tight, especially noticeable when I walk a lot. What was very tight and uncomfortable was where the tongue is sown into the shoe, a the top of the foot. That area was so tight when I first put them on that I was wondering if I should return them. I decided to wear them and hope that it loosens. It did give a little after two day of wear. What I did find is that the shoe is not very warm nor does it breathe well. My feet ended up going from sweaty to cold all day. Also, my feet hurt by the end of the day due to there being no arch support. These are fairly flat bottomed. They are good for short wear. I usually wear a size 9-9.5 so I ordered the 9 because people said it runs a little big. The length is fine. The width is narrow. I could not wear thick winter socks with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable right from the start, January 5, 2014
I don't often take time to write reviews but I am IN LOVE with these boots. It was minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit here (in MA) yesterday. I walked a 3-mile snowy loop in my brand new Propet Chermona Boots. I love how easy they are to just slip on and go. They kept my feet warm the whole time. The most amazing thing - they were more comfortable than my best walking shoes! They offer wonderful support, comfort and room. I have a high arch and sometimes have pain when walking more than a couple of miles if my shoes are too tight. I listened to other reviews and ordered a half-size up (normally I wear a 9 but I ordered a 9.5, to be safe), which was perfect. I wear semi-thick winter socks, so they fit perfectly. If I wore thin socks they would be a touch too big, but not a problem. The shoe tread is great for walking in the woods, on slippery surfaces, and in snow. I get a lot of compliments on these boots from the women I work with. They are attractive and practical! I wear wide width sometimes but felt the 9.5 M/B were perfect for me! Elite Hero was the best seller of them. These boots are made for walkin'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, March 2, 2014
I love the boots. I have a very wide foot and I have problems getting boots to fit. The boots fit great, look nice and are warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, February 15, 2014
great fit, at first my one right foot felt snug across the top under the flap. but that went away after a hour walk. So the break in. all proper shoes fit well and true to size. the gripper bottom is fantastic. so it the support. I had them for a month now and the support is superior walk a lot on concrete floors at work and on the street. I walk on snow and ice and at the look and style attracts a lot complements.

4.0 out of 5 stars WARM!, February 10, 2014
I really like them, but they are quite big! I like them for running errands, very comfortable and easy to put on and take off.

5.0 out of 5 stars love the boots, January 21, 2014
the fit is great I just love them I walk 2 miles every morning I live in up state new York so its cold. Very happy with them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot!, January 2, 2014
I own another pair of Propet boots, which are extremely warm in sub-zero temps but are difficult to slide on and off because the top comes up above the ankle and there is no zipper. Bought this pair as a back-up pair and love them. They are warm in our current -30 to -40 however not as warm as the first pair. Both pair of boots are well made with excellent grip in snow and ice. Some have complained about stiffness, which went away after a couple of uses in both pair of boots. The fit is perfect in length and width with thin to medium thick socks. The price was superb! Will definitely buy more Propet footwear.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for the mid winter chill!, December 21, 2013
It was refreshing to see that these boots were cut so full. I can definitely wear them with thick socks. These are the warmest boots i ever owned. They will be great for the mid winter chill!