4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck!
Published on August 15, 2011 by LarkhillV

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price but not great either for a LED HDTV
Published on July 28, 2011 by Audio-Video Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price but not great either for a LED HDTV, July 28, 2011
This review is from: Proscan 32LED30QA 32-Inch 720p LED HDTV (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased 2 of these when they were $254 each. Pretty good price for a LED HDTV, I thought. After a few hours, I'm not that impressed with them. The picture isn't the best. The color saturation isn't either. I would rate the picture overall as decent to good. You get what you pay for on this TV. For the low price, they skimpped on some features. There is no way to skip channels, which is actually very annoying as some of the channels are blank (when connected to cable TV). There's also no sleep timer. This was for a child's bedroom so they can get to sleep but the lack of that feature means having to check on them to shut off the TV once they pass out. Overall, I like it due to the price I paid for it. For those not familiar with Proscan, it was initially created to be the high-end TV's by RCA. Back when they made CRT's, they were indeed very good. This is my first experience with their flat-panel TV's and I can say that these are not high-end HDTV's. It's good though that they're offering a low price for a LED HDTV for those concerned with keeping their electric bills low. The TV has a maximum of 78 Watts consumption, which is excellent for a 32".

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck!, August 15, 2011
The picture quality looks great (aside for MGS3: Snake Eater for some reason--although I suspect this will be fixed when I get the MGS HD edition, but I digress) and pretty darn sharp for such a bargain TV. It has a ton of in and outputs, including 3 HDMI's, so you can hook up a lot of peripherals all at the same time if you want. The only gripe I have about the visual aspect of the TV so far is that when I hook up my PC via HDMI, the color looks a tad dull/darker than on my PC. It's not a HUGE deal, but I'd like to be able to have those vibrant whites on my TV as well as my computer--this may be because of the cable itself, though. I am getting a new cable soon, so I will change this if anything changes. Like I said, though, it doesn't look horrible and is adjustable if you know what you're doing.

The build quality seems pretty solid and durable. The black trim surprisingly doesn't act as a fingerprint magnet, either. So if you tend to touch it while switching ports in and out, you probably won't have to clean your TV unless you have very greasy fingers. The remote is just a bit on the cheap side as far as quality is concerned--it doesn't feel extremely solid but no technical problems so far. But this is no deal breaker. The remote works fine and has plenty of functionality with all of its buttons. The only slight gripe I have about the TV itself is the settings and menus. They are easy enough to use, but this is mostly due to the fact that it is EXTREMELY basic (although you still get an EQ). There aren't that many settings and such to adjust, so if for whatever reason you want to be very much in control of all the sound, visual, presets, etc you may be a bit disappointed. This is an extremely minor complaint, though, seeing how you probably won't need to adjust much as long as you get external speakers.

Yes, the speakers are weak and tinny. I was expecting this, though, and so should you. Flatscreens, and generally all TV's, have either terrible to meh speaker quality. I don't consider myself an aficionado or audiophile, but I have somewhat discerning ears. Even for the average listener, though, for this TV you will want external speakers. This is a CHEAP and EASY fix, though since the TV has a headphone jack! So you can either get a typical red-white connection speaker system, or you can be like me and get a decent set of PC speakers and hook them up to the TV. WHAM, great sound quality, boosted bass via subwoofer, music and movies sound great. I don't really consider this a gripe because with any TV I would most likely get some speakers anyway. This TV just makes it that much easier and cheaper. I highly recommend this TV for those on a budget. You will not regret it.

PS: I am using this in my bedroom, which is pretty darn small (14x11 or something), but as long as the TV isn't super far away, you'll be able to see it fine--or just get a bigger TV. And like I said for the sound, get external speakers and you'll be able to hear it fine as well if you are in a bigger room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't find a better bedroom LED TV, May 16, 2011
After determining I could fit a 32 inch LED in my bedroom the question then became, "which one?". I am overwhelmingly glad to have researched and then purchased this TV. Hopeful that I would not type a horror story I waited several months before writing my review, and am still very happy today.

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Tv, July 20, 2011
My first led lcd gave away my CRT. This television has an amazing picture and I am 100% satisfied and purchase and thank Amazon for orchestrating a transaction second to none from purchase to my front door two and a half days. !!PERFECT!! I will be back!!! for more purchases. Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Not A Good Option, November 19, 2011
I purchased this TV for the bedroom, and I did not realize it was made by RCA, some tricky advertisement i guess with proscan name. This TV is plastic junk, I found 3-4 dead pixels, and the TV is made with cheap materials and display. I could find nothing good about this TV other than the 250.00 price. I returned it to Amazon.

Pros: None

Cons: Cheap plastic frame, cheap low quality panel, colors are horrible, no available true adjustability built in, numerous dead pixels.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL BARGIN!!, August 29, 2011
Beautiful picture even in standard mode. This is my first flat-screen. GREAT price. This unit is made by RCA - why they left that out is beyond me! LOL Nothing to say but, "Buy this TV".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen, April 30, 2011
Blu (lost in translation, USA) - See all my reviews
I only have one complaint with this monitor, and its only because I don't live in the US. It has a hard time converting the cable signal of the middle eastern country I am in. Other than that, this thing rocks. I don't use it for the tv function. For the most part I use it as a clock, lol. My PS3, Macbook and external media drive look straight up sexy on this thing. Its very light and easy to attach the base. I like that it has a simple headphone jack for external speakers or headphones. As most thin tv's the speakers work well, but aren't the best. I prefer a tad more bass in my entertainment. If your a name groupie, do you. For the rest of us who like our money and having toys that work well. Buy it... I did. Bought two in fact. No dead pixels on either of them.