Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Proscan 40LD45Q 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 2, 2010
This TV is quite impressive, especially for the money. There are plenty of inputs, many of which are conveniently located on the side of the panel. As far as the picture goes, the color is fantastic, and the contrast is pretty good as well. Where this TV falls short is the uneven back-lighting. In a low light setting watching a dark scene, you can see portions of the screen are brighter than others, which can be annoying at best and distracting at worst. Aside from that, I have no complaints with the television. Were money no object, I'm sure the Proscan would rate lower, however the value you get out of this TV for the price is hard to match. It is a very fine budget LCD HDTV.
44 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2010
I bought this for my workout room and for the money it is excellent. It was easy to set up and the picture quality is very good. I have a $3500 1080p TV in my main room and the picture quality is only somewhat better. For the price this thing fully delivers. We looked locally at TV's and couldn't even get a 720p for this price.

If you are going to nit pick or expect a $1000+ TV, then get your head screwed on right, it is not a high end TV but it is definitely not crap and the thing I really like about it is I have it up a little higher so I can see it to work out with but I can even see the picture and colors true when I'm on the floor stretching.

+ Amazon prime $3.99 overnight shipping to my door. The local store couldn't beat that if they tried.
22 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2009
Bought this TV when it was on sale at costco for $399. Excellent picture quality, adequate inputs (3x hdmi, 2x component, 1x composite/s-video), and a nice sound system. It is also very slim in depth compared to other non-ultraslim flat screens.

Why I wouldn't give this tv 4-stars:

No USB input, second component input, or L/R audio output (you will have to buy a Y-audio cable for audio output).

When there is no sound on an input the speakers make this small popping noise. I don't know why that is. To accommodate the noise, I put the tv on mute and the popping stops.

Another shortcoming is the remote control range. It does not work if it is more than a 30-degree angle from the receiver or not at the same vertical level.

Overall, it is a great tv for a great price.
44 comments|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2010
I bought this TV last November 2009. After 3 month and half, sound board went out and there was no sound from TV. We called Proscan and tech came out to find out what is wrong. He ordered parts and we waited until parts delivred to us. After 2 weeks, we did not get parts, so called Proscan. A rep said it is on back order, but he could not tell us how long will it take. I requested to replace the TV since we may not use TV after slightly over three months. The rep said if technician authorize repalce, then I may get a new TV. IF NOT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO THORW IT AWAY....What a poor customer service they provide!! Worst TV and Wosrt customer service.
on April 30, 2010
Set your expectations realistically folks. At this price range you're not gonna get a reference television. I just purchased this set for my bedroom and am very happy with it. My cable company signal sucks (Comcast) but once I fiddled with the parameters, I think I have obtained a pretty decent picture within reason for this price range. 4 stars relative to the price range.

Pros: Bang for the buck. This is the strongest point.
Lot's of connections.
Surprisingly good sound with LOUD volume.
Lot's of options to adjust the picture (good thing, because your gonna have too).
HDTV signals can look magical (obviously much of this depends on the broadcast signal).

Cons: Has some difficulty with black resolution...some black images look like ink stains from an underwater squid. This is the worst point.
Like many LCD's, it has a hot picture that can burn the eyes over time. Get a backlight.
Mediocre picture straight out of the box. You are going to have to adjust the parameters and fiddle with the sharpness/digital noise
reduction.
Colors too florid out of the box. Some of the reds look pinkish. Some of the greens look like an Irish haze. Tint rather Wizard of Oz-ish.
Delay between channels when switching.
Generic remote.
on March 18, 2010
This TV is a lemon. The power board on mine went out eight months after I bought it, and the FBI would have a hard time tracking down the manufacturer, ON Corporation. Best Buy can't even get in touch with them. Save your money and buy a good television.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2010
Remote control did not work when TV arrived but we tried to make do with the U-verse remote. Volume controls stopped working after about 4 weeks. TV completely quit working after 6 weeks when it oversurged and caused minor electrical damage before problem was discoverd. Proscan has sent packing materials for us to return it for "repairs" and I gotta give Customer Service 2 thumbs up - very professional and helpful. We'll see what happens when the TV is repaired returned to us.
on March 18, 2010
I read SO many reviews on this product before I purchased it and they were all very positive. I was really excited when this TV arrived. It arrived yesterday, and we hooked it up and put on Princess and The Frog, with every movement on the screen, the picture pixelizes and you can see boxes of color. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if we were watching a fast paced movie. This is a normal movie, with no fast action, and the TV couldn't keep up with the speed. I am really disappointed and considering returning the TV. I hope this helps.
on May 3, 2010
Edit to put the bottom line right at the top: if occasional pixelation of scenes really would bother you a lot, this is not the TV for you. If that's a only minor annoyance, since it only happens in certain circumstances (dark or other almost uniformly colored areas), this could be a great bargain TV for you.

Basically, it appears that the color depth is unusually low, perhaps 16-bit (32 shades per primary color) instead of 24-bit (256 shades) somewhere in its processing. The result, most common in dimly lit scenes but appearing often when there are large areas of very slightly differing colors, is that instead of various shades of a color imperceptibly blending together along a continuum (e.g., dark gray smoothly deepening to very dark gray), you get a very discrete stair-stepping of colors (e.g., dark gray suddenly switching to very dark gray)--what's often called "color banding", though it occurs more in flickering splotches than in bands, all depending on the scene's coloring.

At first I thought this must be due to the cable company's over-compressing the signal, but no: I noticed it on a very HQ Blu-Ray disk as well. When I moved that same Blu-Ray disk player and disk to a friend's nicer TV, the color banding/pixelation vanished.
on April 12, 2010
Bought this tv looking for an inexpensive tv for nightly viewing in the bedroom. Didn't need anything huge nor expensive with all the bells and whistles. Read every review i could find before purchasing and it seemed like the buyers who got a working set out of the box were very happy with the performance. The worst reviews all seemed to come from buyers receiving dead sets or a tv with dead pixels. Received the set 3 days after ordering and considering i used the free super saver shipping i was VERY impressed. The tv's internal tuner picked up a ton of local OTA channels but i instantly noticed the poor black levels. I have fiddled with every picture setting since i received the tv and still can not get to a very satisfactory picture quality. The worst picture is evident anytime we watch a DVD. Considering movies have more dark scenes than most any television program it sometimes becomes unbearable to watch them. When watching most television the tv has satisfactory picture quality but the darker scenes in TV shows and movies are rough. The speakers on this tv are on the verge of being a unusable. This pushes me towards my next purchase of a moderately priced sound bar so i don't have to install speakers throughout my room. Overall, i suppose i have to say for $350 and 3 days of shipping the purchase was worth what i paid but i'm glad i only have to use the tv for 30min-1hour per day tops.