4.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS NOW!!
Published on May 8, 2012 by GoatNoise

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is defective
I loved this when I first got it. My skin never felt or looked better. Why do I hate this product? Within 5 weeks, the unit will only work on the first speed. I have tried for 5 weeks to get the company to send me a replacement. They have told me each time they would send one out in a couple of weeks. They are still telling me this. Haven't seen a replacement yet.
Published on May 17, 2012 by paulautz

1.0 out of 5 stars This product is defective, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Prosonic Face & Body Professional Cleansing/Exfoliation Anti-Aging Brush Set (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS NOW!!, May 8, 2012
*Original review May 8th 2012* I am not the type of girl to tell people to go drop this much money on something to clean your face. But seriously, buy this thing now. My pores are smaller, my skin feels SO ridiculously clean I am staring at the mirror every five seconds in disbelief. You can't even see my pores on my nose, it looks like I just got airbrushed. This is the second day I have used this little guy but wow what a change! I didn't have perfect skin before this but it wasn't terrible. Just really combination skin, a lot of dry patches, oily around my nose, lot of black heads ETC. After two days of use my skin is like butter, make up goes on freakishly well. I was used to exfoliating my skin every other week and doing a mask roughly every week. To be honest I wasn't cleaning my skin after wearing make up, and I sucked at moisturizing. I am now moisturizing with a VERY SMALL amount of coconut oil, which I also really recommend. The one thing I wasn't happy with about this product is the fact the brush for normal skin (black ring in the center) had bent bristles. The brushes come with little plastic covers which are fantastic for storing them, they have holes so they drain well, I recommend twisting the brush in the plastic cover after putting it on to make sure the bristles are straight. The other brushes were fine. It comes with a sensitive skin brush, the pure white, and also a body buffing brush, the black outer ring one. Has a facial cleanser that smells so delicious I am probably going to buy the full size and a microdermabrasion cream which I didn't care much for. I got mine from Make me Heal from a groupon promotion but I wish I would've bought it off amazon because it took a full month to get it and then I had the brush issue. Another thing I thought was weird was in the instruction booklet it says it comes with a storage pouch but it wasn't included in mine, nor was it advertised on the groupon so I wasn't too upset. These are minor drawbacks and really not a big deal, but it did loose a star due to it. The device appears to be working perfectly, and I love the thing to pieces all ready. I will do an update after using it for a few weeks just to verify everything is working well.

*UPDATE July 12th, 2012* So I said I would do an update and this is it. The device is still working perfectly and I am amazed at how long the battery lasts. I don't use it everyday anymore because I noticed I was getting red splotchy skin (too much exfoliation). But I use it now every time I shower, specifically in the shower(every other day) because it doesn't matter if soap or water gets splattered everywhere and it's waterproof... Still gives my skin that healthy, clean, freakishly smooth glow. I found my favorite way of using it is with my favorite facial cleanser... organic milk. Sound crazy? Try it on those blackheads on your nose. Even the 2% stuff in your fridge works with a cotton ball but organic + this little beauty works the best. Just dip the bristles and rinse everything off after washing your face. My favorite brush head is by far the body buffer brush, I had breakouts every now and then on random areas on my body. I don't want to elaborate on them but they have completely stopped now. I've noticed that the body buffer brush bristles are starting to poke out a little further from the rest of the brush, but they don't come out and the brush still works just as when I got it. After a couple months of use, I still highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Finally received the replacement...and even that did NOTwork!!!, August 5, 2012
This product is junk! I am so frustrated. As some of the other reviewers said i bought the prosonic on groupon in April for $59. Finally recieved the 1st "new" prosonic 5 weeks later and it worked great for 1 week, then died. Just did not turn on...tried troubleshooting, but no light no nothing! Called and emailed prosonic asking for a replacement...a total of 8 times over the next 7 weeks. Finally received my replacement and guess what, they gave me an Exact "replacement" alright, this one doesn't work either! I am so done with this company- I think they knew their product didn't work and were just trying to stall so i would give up and move on. I just feel totally duped... I think i'll be contacting groupon to see if they can help me. whatever you do, don't buy this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Works fabulously... for 3 weeks, July 11, 2012
I must say I really loved the Prosonic when I received it as a gift from a friend. It had four pulsating settings and did everything it said it would. My skin was cleaner and smoother and I was noticing diminishing fine lines. I also must say that I am the type of person that has worn make up to bed for over 15 years and have always had great skin. I was looking for my skin to look even better as great skin unfortunately doesn't last forever. 3 weeks into owning the Prosonic, it died. No warning. Nothing. Just a sad piece of non-working plastic on my bathroom counter, taunting me with it's dead red light. I have attempted to trouble shoot and it just doesn't seem to want to charge and the red light no longer cheerily blinks red indicating it is charging.

Honestly, for the price this costs, it was truly a complete waste of money. I think there are two options here - either you go with the low end option Olay Pro-X (which has great reviews and at the lower price point) or you go with the high end option of the Clarisonic (and really get your money's worth). There are no in between choices here. Now I just hope Prosonic is able to replace this defective unit for me without a hassle. :/ Please make a wise decision and spend your money elsewhere. I wish I had read more reviews advising me of what an ill purchase this was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap.. Junk, December 11, 2012
Even tho I bought this with a Groupon for $60.. It was not worth even half that!! It is just a spinning brush and not sure what is sonic about this. It even sounds cheap.
Not enough quality power.. Mad at myself for trusting this place and wasting money..

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangewrous! Buyer beware1, January 7, 2013
I used the product I bought from Groupon after following the directions and leaving it plugged in over night to charge the battery. yesterday morning, I was about ten seconds in, and thank God doing my neck, when the whole thing exploded in my hand, sending shocks up my arm. it flew apart in numerous pieces and I ended up on my hands and knees, not being able to hear for several seconds. I contacted the company by email and telephone within an hour, after talking to doctors, icing my neck and hand (my neck has a huge red ring around it and the skin is all crepey and sensitive this morning). Also, still ringing in my ears. It's after noon and no one has called back yet! This was a disaster! If I had been doing my cheekbones or forehead, I would have burned my retina or put my eye out! Ditto the other reviews that said for a $204 item, this does not feel like a quality product. I just spoke to my lawyer and am trying to figure out who can look at the pieces before I return it to see if they can determine what went wrong! Please don't buy this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars ProSonic Face & Body Cleanser, August 10, 2012
I have got to say I am really impressed with this item. I was a bit skeptical at first but I am sold. Holds a charge very well. I have only charged it once in three weeks. Right now I am only using it 3 times a week, will go to daily in another 3 weeks. Am very satisified.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Hassle, November 26, 2012
N. Rizzo (Glendale, New York) - See all my reviews
It's true the original wand was an issue, BUT it was quickly replaced and
I have had no issues ever since. Not all the wands are this way though,
just a sad few I'm afraid. I think they understand the issue now, but the
system is awesome and my face appreciates it. Worth it, definitely worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous!, April 21, 2013
this product exploded while i was using it on my face! not only was this frightening, but my ear has been in pain and ringing ever since! do not buy this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dangerous, February 8, 2013
Larisa (Glen Allen, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
I have purchased this product with a living social promotion. I used it for about a month and was very happy with the results until it exploded in the shower while I was using it on my face. I am very lucky that I escaped with no major injury. I couldn't hear for several minutes. The first thing I did is to check instructions to make sure that I didn't do something wrong. I followed all of the instructions. I immediately called the company and requested full refund. My hope is that they stop selling it. Awful experience but I am very lucky.