Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

VINE VOICEon October 13, 2001
Charles Fillmore and the Unity movement which he co-founded has always urged individual thinking and stayed away from dogmatic beliefs, and as such, don't fit the definition or understanding of "cult". However, his thinking is definitely non-traditional, and I don't recommend his books to fundamentalist, Biblical literalists.
That said, this is definitely a book to read. It's not about material prosperity as such, but about over all prosperity in all areas of life. So if your primary aim to get filthy rich, this isn't for you. But if you are seeking a more fulfilling life, a greater understanding and closeness to the Great Power in our universe, and a mind-expanding, soul-enriching reading experience, I recommend this to you.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2004
I have read many books on Prosperity. This book pulled it together for me. I am on my 4th time reading it. Prosperity is about quality of life. Since reading this, my income and equity has exceeded in amounts to large to say. My sense of peace and purpose is even larger than that. The book was written so long ago that sometime the language and word usage can be tricky. At the end of each chapter are questions intended to help grasp the concepts. I found this to be helpful. This is a must read.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2000
Charles Fillmore knew what he was talking about. I use the prinicples outlined in this book and have gone from being unemployed and unable to pay the utility bill to self-emplolyed with very little debt. This book explains what money is, how it works, and how I can work with it. I AM PROSPEROUS!
on July 12, 2005
Not sure I understand why but each time I read this book great things happen to me. If you are open minded with some faith it may help you too.
on July 3, 2000
An interesting read for anyone who wants to resolve any fear issues they have about money and God's supply. Mr. Fillmore was the co-founder (along with his wife, Myrtle) of the Unity School of Christianity, which is most certainly NOT a cult, contrary to the uninformed contention of Mr. Ricci.
on September 6, 2009
According to Fillmore, the Divine is always ready to give. It has no choice in the matter; it must give, for that is its nature. It is ever the same, constant, abundant, freely circulating and available. Turn the great energy of your thinking toward "plenty:" ideas, and you will have plenty, regardless of what men about you are saying or doing. The Divine is persuaded and directed by intelligence. If you find yourself low of funds, Fillmore says, praise and bless whatever you have and imagine it growing larger. Talk only of prosperity and it will become your reality. Don't simply ask God for riches. Instead, like Solomon, the richest man of his age, ask for wisdom, for ideas. There is something very comforting and inspiring about Prosperity. It is the book to read when you feel overwhelmed by your financial problems, as it shows you that ultimately, the source of all wealth is immaterial.[...]
on March 26, 2007
This book is simple in words, although the language is formal and sometimes a bit stilted, the message is loud and clear...prosperity, joy, abundance is our birthright. As an self-proclaimed spiritual seeker I found that this book is in line with other spiritual texts, that limitations, lack and scarcity, are created not outside of us but by our own self imposed restrictions and acceptence on what other people say we should have and what we cannot have. We are our own severest critic. We live in a world where rationality and logic are worshipped. If it does not have a scientific explanation...it's not real. Do yourself a favor, suspend this judgement and you will get the message of this book. The rest is up to you.
on April 3, 2000
A must for anyone desiring to know and understand the pinciples of giving and receiving.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2013
I have read a couple of book from Fillmore over the years and I believe this is one of his best. So special and encouraging you simply will find a great quote on every page. This is one of those life changing books that you should read every couple of years. What I love about the philosophy of Fillmore is that you can be spiritual AND also enjoy what earth has for you today. This book obviously is about prosperity and he embraces it along with a love of God. This is seriously one of my favorite spiritual books and I highly recommend it to everyone.
on December 28, 2011
I have now read all of Charles Fillmore's books and, hands down, this is his best work in my opinion. His thoughts flow from one idea to the next and his explanations are understandable (not the case with some of his other writings). Some of his language is dated, of course, but his thoughts are surprisingly modern.

If you are familiar with some of the current prosperity teachers like Abraham (Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness [...]) then much of what Mr. Fillmore writes will feel amazingly similar; it is stunning to think he wrote this book nearly a century ago. He really was a mystic of sorts.

The difference between Mr. Fillmore's book and today's prosperity teachers is that his offering is centered around the teachings of Jesus Christ (from a metaphysical and metaphorical, not a literal or historical, standpoint), rather than the more universal language of Abraham and others today.

However, Mr. Fillmore began one of the most liberal churches in this country (Unity at [...]) and he is definitely not a biblical fundamentalist. So, if you what to gain a deeper understanding of the abundance and prosperity (in finances, health, relationships, etc.) in your life from a Christian oriented perspective, I highly recommend this book. I have read it once, and now I plan to go back through it with a highlighter. It is a book I expect to re-read many, many times.

Mr. Fillmore's second best book, in my opinion, is Jesus Christ Heals (Unity Classic Library). The biography of his life The Spiritual Journey of Charles Fillmore: Discovering the Power Within by Neal Vahle is also well worth reading.