- File Size: 837 KB
- Print Length: 304 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Pallas Athene Publishing (March 29, 2013)
- Publication Date: March 29, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00C3ZMPLC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,105,082 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Prosthetic Gods Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Normally, I wouldn't write this sort of damning with faint praise review, but here's the thing: Since reading this book, I've [tried to] read other Amazon self published sci fi by other authors, and I've discovered that there is a lot of crap out there, with 4 stars and better, that is literally unreadable because the dialogue is so stilted or the characterization so flat - and that doesn't even get into copy-editing issues. I should probably go give *those* books 1 star reviews, but then I'd feel like a jerk.
So here's the deal. Prosthetic Gods doesn't do anything that isn't genre, and it doesn't soar to literary, but overall, it's well written, and good enough to scrap with (and in some cases dominate) books that have a named publisher. If you've already read and reread your first tier stuff (and you have), you won't be disappointed if you pick this one up to scratch your cyberpunk itch.
I find this book very hard to describe even though I liked it a lot. If you like sci-fi, you will enjoy this. The main characters are well developed and easy to like. It has a very distinctive "Mad Max" kind of feel to it.
The only downside is that it is often hard to tell what is real and what is virtual. I'm not sure if the author did that on purpose or not. Also, the world he's describing is so different from ours that a little more explanation of some things would be in order. That is something I almost never say about a book.
As difficult as this book may be to describe, it is a very good piece of storytelling and well written. It kept me engaged and curious.
The author gave me a copy for review through librarything giveaways. Thanks for the chance to read it!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Military