5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars Certification Problem
Published on May 21, 2012 by M. Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Misc.)
I play roller derby, and this helmet has saved me from several injuries. I was able to go to a local skatepark shop, and try on the helmets to see which one would fit. According to the Protec sizing, I would be a medium, but when I tried on the helmets, the large fit exactly the way I need it to; snug, but not tight. Keep that in mind when purchasing a helmet online. Otherwise a sound investment, and a fantastic purchase. I love this helmet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Certification Problem, May 21, 2012
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Sports)
This is a classic skate helmet which is not certified for anything, NOT the classic bike/skate cross-certified helmet that the description indicates. The shell is the same but the foam liners are completely different. It's a decent helmet for what it is but it's a multi-impact helmet and not suitable for road bike use or downhill mountain bike. The two stage foam liner is more comfortable than a bike helmet liner so I'm thinking about keeping it for backwoods trail riding where low hanging tree branches and low speed falls are my only enemies but I'll have to get something different for road use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking helmet. Does not meet any safety or impact certification standards., June 29, 2012
Moonshine Bob (South Bend, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Misc.)
This is the Pro-Tec "Skate Helmet". Not certified, but good finish, good materials, and good looks. Fit is comfy too. They run small, so order one size up. I normally wear a "Large" Motorcycle helmet, and an "Extra Large" Protec.

It wasn't disclosed in the description that these helmets do not meet any safety standards. There is even warning label on the box and on the helmet that the helmet "Offers Minimal protection", and "does not meet any safety standards". It does have some protection foam, but it isn't CE/CPSC certified like it says in the description.

It has a great look to it, and is very lightweight. Other helmets make you look like you've got a mushroom on your head, this one is form fitting and very light.

Most certified helmets are a "one hit wonder", meaning they are designed to absorb impact by destroying the helmet instead of your head. Now if you were expecting many small bumps, this helmet would work, but for preventing brain truama this isn't certified.

Bottom line - Good comfort, light weight, and good looks, but not a certified safety helmet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Guess I'm XXL, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Sports)
I need a size 7 3/4-8 1/4 hat. I assumed that the XL would be good. It fit pretty tight. I took out the padding and stuck them under a couple 45 lb weights for a few hours and it fit perfectly.

Looks good and protects my noggin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice helmet, small sizing, April 24, 2011
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Misc.)
I bought this helmet for my wife. The helmet looks awesome, it looks very quality and from handling it, it seems to be excellent quality, however the size is definitely meant for children. Based on the sizing chart from the manufacturers website (for adult helmets), my wife needed a small. So, we ordered a small. When it arrived she tried it on and it was way too small. My 11 year old daughter tried it on and it was even to small for her. It fit my 8 year old son the best, but it was pink so we opted to send it back instead of making him wear a pink helmet. We're going to order another, however this time we'll be ordering a large.

5.0 out of 5 stars XL fit my huge head, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Misc.)
I wear a 17 3/4" hat and the XL fit my head perfectly. This helmet is strong and not bulky like some other helmets I have tried. I use it for bike riding and it keep my head relatively cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all around, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Sports)
I received my Pro Tec Helmet a few minutes ago and I am very pleased. The exterior packaging was great and the helmet comes in a drawer like box which is nice because you can store it easily in a locker or at home. The helmet comes with extra decals, is pictured as above and had the original tags and manual. The fit was perfect. Originally I ordered a medium but it was a touch too snug. If you are not sure based on the sizing chart, I would err on the larger side. My head measures 22" and though the medium fit, it would have given me a headache after prolonged wear. The Large is just a little bigger and a very comfortable fit. The helmet also feels very light which is nice. strap is adjustable with a band to secure the slack. I would buy Pro Tec again. Shipping was also very prompt through Amazon fulfillment center. Thanks guys!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty nice Helmet, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Sports)
The helmet is really nice. I would only caution that they run a little small. Bought this for my 11 year old son and i should have gone with the next size up. My kids head is rather large but I assumed a large would be big enough. It fit but was a little snug, otherwise would be a perfect rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best in the game, July 1, 2011
J. Abrego (Southern Alabama) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Misc.)
I've been involved in bike dirt jumping/street riding/freestyle since 1996. I've tried other helmets and Protec has always been my favorite. I got out of riding for a couple of years and recently got into mountain biking, so again I found myself needing a helmet. I tried another cheaper brand hoping to save a few dollars and got disappointed. I ended up ordering a new Protec and, as usual, am totally happy with it. Based off of my head measurement (57cm) I ordered a Large and it fits perfectly. It may fit a little tight if your head is any bigger than that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Protec Adult Helmet (Sports)
The Pro Tec Classic is a bit different from older models and does not have the thick styrene liner like other models and Sizing does not run true to U.S. standards . Had to ship one back to Amazon even when measuring head above eye brows and ordering one size over what I needed . Had to order two sizes over what I needed . Padding was loose in the helmet when it arrived . Velcro strips did not stick to inside of helmet . Needs a lot of Quality control at the factory on Sizing to U.S. Standards and quality control of padding .

Rate and Discover Movies