4.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet, obscure sizing
Published on September 5, 2010 by dirtjumprider

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Helmet but NOT XL Adult
Published on March 19, 2011 by MsCruzan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet, obscure sizing, September 5, 2010
I really like this helmet. I have already taken a few hard hits and it is going strong. I ride bmx and regularly hit 6' tall jumps. Protec has always been the helmet that I trust. I have received several concussions from tricks gone bad, but if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, it would have been a lot worse. The thing about the Protec classic skate helmet is the sizing. My head measures 23.2" around, which is the minimum in the xl size range, but the helmet is still relatively loose. The helmet stays on my head, but I would have preferred a slightly tighter fit. I also tried the large version of this same helmet, and it was way to tight. So if you are somewhere in between the size increments, the helmet won't fit perfectly. This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Other than that, the helmet is perfect. And the green is really bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good helmet, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
Not into BMX and tricks. More into mountain biking and downhill. Got this helmet for riding around street and trails. I just didn't want those helmets that everyone has (canadian tire mountain bike helmets LOL).
No complaints at all. I thought ventilation would be a problem but it's good enough for pounding on your pedals on trails under the sun. Sizing is good and fits well, I got the XL size. I usually wear 7 1/2 or 7 3/4 hats. Alot of quality and style all for a very good price. Awesome helmet from Pro-tec.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Helmet but NOT XL Adult, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
I was really excited to receive this helmet so I was quite disappointed to find that it was too small. It's a pretty small helmet so I guess it is an XL for a child because it is definitely not for an adult. The vendor did an excellent job getting this item out to me quickly so I would order from them in the future. Unfortunately, I will have to return this item because of the sizing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This helmet is a life saver!, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
My 12 year old son was luckily wearing this helmet when he got hit by a car while riding his bicycle. The top of the helmet hit the car's windshield and completely shattered it, but my son did not even sustain a concussion. The helmet got scratched but did not crack or break. I am fairly certain it saved his life or at the very least prevented a horrible head injury. We are so grateful to this company for making such an outstanding product!

4.0 out of 5 stars First bike helmet, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
I am 74 years old. I started riding my one speed bike in July 2011. I did not wear, or think I needed a helmet as I was riding on bike trails, and not on the streets. I have upgraded to a geared bgike and since I was now going to ride the streets as well, my family insisted I wear a helmet. I really liked the look and especially the price of the Protec helmet. Unfortunatly I ordered the wrong size. Buying through Amazon is such a bonus. I was able to return the helmet and receive the correct size in almost no time. The helmet fits great, is so comfortable that I almost forget I have it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Helmet, December 28, 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
This helmet is awesome. It looks and fits great. I ride BMX and skateboard and that means nasty spills so gotta have a helmet! Comfortable and doesn't squeeze my head like other helmets do. Just one thing, make sure you know what size you take! Re-shipping this can cost you alot of money. No wonder Pro-Tec is the trusted name in helmets. Buy this now!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great helmet, couldnt praise it enough, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
I brought this helmet for general biking purposes, just to and from work so luckily I can say I haven't had any spills on it yet BUT it is defiantly the most comfy helmet you could want for these trips, the straps are a big thing for me, these tubular webbing never tug or pull at your skin but at the same time can withstand large tugs and scratches. It somehow manages to look amazing as well. I can vouch for the safety of this helmet as well, while never falling on this one, I have the same design but in a white water make called the Pro-tec Ace water helmet which I have taken a number of rocks and trees to and it in the course of kayaking. It has has never shown a hint of damage while always protecting me. All in all Pro-Tec is a great company, these guys make nothing but helmets so they have a wealth of knowledge to bring to the design.

Pro -
- Looks good
- High standard of safety
- Comfy fit
- Free Stickers (always a bonus)

Cons -
- Maybe the high price but really money shouldn't be a factor in helmet purchase,

3.0 out of 5 stars Too small!, May 29, 2012
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
Used the sizing chart, ordered this, turned out to be just too small.
Order a size up!
Otherwise seems very comfy.
Looks nice too.
And of course, good brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars The helmet that came was a completely different color, and was too small., August 15, 2013
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
Didn't work out! I was able to return the helmet thankfully but it was a total bummer to get the wrong color and it was too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid's love it, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Protec Classic Helmet (Sports)
8 year old schoolboys can be mean, so when my son needed to progress from his "baby" helmet to something more "cool" this helmet fit the bill perfectly. Went for the small size...fit's well. School yard politics brings back memories!

Protec Classic Helmet (Gloss Black, Medium)
$49.99 $45.94