Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PROTEC Original Bucky Skate Helmet, Translucent White, Medium
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: M|Color: Translucent White|Change

on April 25, 2013
Helmets for crash energy absorption, or any head impact from more than a roughly three foot height, require energy absorbing EPS or EPP foam to pass the USA CPSC or European CE bike standards. This helmet says EPS foam here, but Pro-Tec's own site says it actually has soft urethane foam. Soft foam can be more comfortable, but results in a bump cap, not a crash helmet. PU foam helmets cannot pass the CPSC or CE brain-protection certification tests, or (usually) the ASTM skateboard test either.
on June 29, 2011
I wear this helmet for riding my bike around the city, and it's great. I chose this type because I think most bike helmets look like Predator hats. My roommate jokes that it makes me look like a Koopa Troopa from Super Mario Brothers, which prompts me to hum the first part of the Super Mario Brothers theme every time I put it on. I threw some reflective stickers on it and was able to clip my light to the back of it, too. No complaints!
on September 5, 2010
Well I ride BMX and never really found it necessary to wear a helmet unless I was at a skatepark where they are required. I am very happy that I found the old school style of the protec helmet because it fits much much better than the new school ones with the styrofoam liner. This helmet fits my head great and it makes me feel much more comfortable when I am out riding. I also use this helmet when I ride my road bike as well. I have a road bike type helmet but it doesn't fit right and is uncomfortable and hideous looking. I feel this was a good buy for myself and can be for many others. Oh, and the helmet took about a week to get to my door. Not bad!
on December 30, 2013
Pro-Tec generally is such a good helmet! We have one that has endured 20 years of sky diving. The inside foam padding of the new one we bought for our son constantly pops out. This compromises the safety of the helmet.
on June 10, 2016
on the army post i work/live on i'm required to wear a helmet. while this is not truly a protective helmet for say, an impact with a car or something, it is great for an experienced skater/bicyclist who just needs to throw something on their head for a skate park or other helmet enforced area. when i bought this i knew that was the goal behind the design, so i am giving it 5 stars. if you are looking for true crash protection, this is not for you though i'm afraid
on November 17, 2011
The helmet came in two fast days when I bought it. The helmet is also very comfortable and molds to the shape of your head after you break its in, the style is also very cool. I highly recomend this helmet to any skater,bmx, ect.
on February 6, 2016
Worth every penny! I bought this for my daughter and I am glad I did. I saw her tumble down a hill on a skateboard. The helmet saved us a trip to the emergency room! It is great fitting and stays in place.
on August 22, 2015
This helmet is the only one I liked. It fits the head better. With the foam lining it may make it safer but not all heads are shaped the same and those hard foam linings would hurt if I smacked my head in that.
on December 11, 2014
literally saved my kid's life a few times. I have video of him smacking his head on concrete from 7 feet up, and this helmet saved him. He has walked away from huge falls without a scratch because he had this helmet on. Nobody should let their kids skate without a helmet, and I know for sure this one has been a life saver.
on April 8, 2014
If you are looking for a good helmet at a good price, this is the one. My 14 year old son uses it almost everyday. One thing: it is not a true red, more like an orangeish faded red. Otherwise great!