Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Protecta Mouse Bait Station - 12 Stations
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 14, 2013
These are perfect for our rural needs. we live in central IL on a small farm with several out buildings. These units are quite small and will not handle adult rats. build for mouse size rodents only. They are are only about 6 x 6 inches, but I dont have exact measurements. opening for mouse only about 1.5 inch diameter, but again, I'm just guessing since I dont have one in front of me now to take exact measurement. If you have rats in your targeted control population, youll want to get bigger stations. We have mice as are primary problem.
Would of given 5 stars, but Im not a fan of the lock that requires a device to open. I generally tear out the locking tabs with wire snips and install a sheet metal screw to hold stations closed. That way I can just reload/check them with a Phillips head screw driver and not have to look for the custom unlocking key. Good product, however! good value. I ordered 24 total stations.
on February 1, 2015
I had to return these because I didn't realize how tiny they were. But even if they had been the right size I would have considered returning them because I detest the locking mechanism. It's like breaking into Fort Knox trying to unlock these things!
on February 16, 2013
Bait station is not as described. Item is MUCH smaller. The picture is not showing the item that you actually receive. It is a different shape and holds the bait in an entirely differnt way
on September 14, 2013
First, you can open these gently with a screwdriver. The work fine, but my exterminator mounted them to patio pavers because they are so light.

I filled one of these last night and closed it, making sure the tabs were locked. Somehow my two dogs were able to get the poison out of this thing. We figured this out quickly and, but they are still spending the weekend at a veterinary ER. I do NOT recommend these for areas with pets.
on December 14, 2013
What can I say they work well. I've had them outside for about a year now and they are still holding up. The larger sized chunks don't fit in it. The shipping was fast.
on May 1, 2016
These mouse traps work great. We have a house in the Catskills NY. We put the traps around the foundation, they keep the mice out all year long.
on February 2, 2014
Size is compact and still holds 4 bait sticks. Seems to be strong enough to prevent injestion by friendly animals.
on June 9, 2016
plenty of room for more than one bait I like to offer a smorgasbord for those little critters
on March 1, 2016
Already hard at work keeping the little suckers at bay! Well described and very easy to use.
on September 28, 2015
Love this! Placed around the house and is working with Tomcat Bait.

See 1 answered question