5.0 out of 5 stars worth the cost and no hassle
Published 21 months ago by Ella M. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Warranty confusion, additional charge
Published 20 months ago by Devoted Amazonite

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the cost and no hassle, November 27, 2012
This review is from: 2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Coverage for Kindle Paperwhite (Previous Generation) (Accessory)
This is well worth the cost. I used it for my last Kindle when I accidentally got water in it. I called and there was absolutely no hassle in getting my replacement sent to me. When I explained that my husband was taking chemo and I relied on my Kindle to pass the time while I sat with him the customer service person on the other end of the line seemed to feel the same urgency that I did to get a replacement as quickly as possible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warranty confusion, additional charge, January 20, 2013
Issue has been with the registration process for the warranty purchased for $29.99. Received the registration link from SquareTrade and completed. First hint of an issue was when the Paperwhite was not listed as a Kindle option. Made the best choice as instructed on the screen. What followed was a second charge of $5.29 for a warranty that would only cover me to $50 total but no refund on or mention of the $29.99. Contacted them asking about the charge, what is it for, how it related to the original $29.99 charge with the better warranty terms. Responses where absolutely useless and included things like the breakout of sales tax on the $5.29 and an explanation regarding sales emails that I may have received. Since it didn't relate to anything I had asked, can't even tell you what it was about.

For frustration free experience, suggest you call SquareTrade if your product isn't explicitly named in their dropdowns. I am now attempting to cancel the $29.99 charge and warranty. Will have to buy a new Paperwhite if it breaks but far less aggravating than dealing with this.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 year protection plan, January 30, 2013
I didn't know my Kindle is automatically insured for 1 yreas; wish the insurance I paid for could start when that year is finished !

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and under performing, January 17, 2013
I bought my last Kindle from Target when they still carried them. For $7, Target provided me with a 2-year full protection plan including accidental damage coverage, that took effect only after Amazon's warranty ran out- so effectively 3 years of coverage. This plan costs way more and covers far less. Disappointing, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, February 21, 2013
D. Smith (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
No questions asked, friendly service. My daughter punctured the screen very soon after I purchased and a replacement was on my doorstep in days. Even if you never need it, it's nice to know it's there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good insurance, November 10, 2012
Amazon Customer "Photo Fan" (Pleasanton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
In view of the size of this Kindle there is a good chance that it will get dropped. This provides insurance for a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars I HAVED HAD THIS PLAN BEFORE AND IT WAS GREAT, January 16, 2013
I haved purchased this plan before and needed to use it. No questions asked my kindle was replaced. True to their word.

5.0 out of 5 stars As discribed, October 18, 2012
It came before the Kindle but was prorated to begin once my Kindle arrived so I didn't lose any days. Nice touch. Haven't had to use it yet so I can't say yet how easy the experience is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a case?, December 5, 2012
I usually don't buy extended protection/warranty coverages for electronics because they're not generally worth the extra cost. However, the only really good case for the Kindle Paperwhite right now is Amazon's own Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Ink Blue (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch). The key factor here is that the protection plan is cheaper than that case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, February 21, 2013
I love using my Kindle and wanted to protect it, so thought the two year protection plan was a great idea.

Rate and Discover Movies