5.0 out of 5 stars Great service! Extended timeline.
My kindle was pre-ordered and the company automatically deferred the start of the policy to ensure I woud receive a full year of coverage. Also, needed to email company for a change based on a mistake I made. They were prompt and extremely helpful.
Published on December 2, 2012 by deskjockey

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Protection Plan
Published on October 6, 2012 by AnnaMary Olson

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Protection Plan, October 6, 2012
AnnaMary Olson "AM Penny" (Backus, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Coverage for Kindle Paperwhite 3G (Previous Generation) (Accessory)
3 stars only because of the circumstances. The kindle I ordered was a pre-order. I could get this 2 year protection plan at the time of order only. However, the pre-ordered Kindle was not due to get to me until about 6 weeks later. I still do not have the kindle but I have this protection plan & it is in effect.......before I even have the product. The timing on sending this & starting it should be sequenced with the receipt of the item & not from the purchase date. Having a friend who has used this plan twice with her kindle, I think it will be a good plan to have but I feel cheated that I will have about 6 weeks of it gone before I even get the kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service! Extended timeline., December 2, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as expected, November 26, 2012
Received the Protection Plan document in the mail. No problems. Hope I never need to use it but it is my security blanket.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent if you need it, November 10, 2012
great value for what you are buying, used one prior and if you keep it long term and happy with machine, need it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kinle Paperwhite Accident Coverage., January 12, 2013
The kindle already came with a 1 year guarantee. I purchased one for 2 years. So now I am paying for the first year that is free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warranty, February 7, 2013
I really think with the paperwhite it is a good idea to buy a warranty. With the built in light it could go out then you would not be able to see the Kindle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short changed, January 24, 2013
This protection plan includes the 12 month manufactures warrantee. So with the exception of accidental damage, which could be covered by other policies one may have, the plan is for one year only. I have found Amazon extremely helpful and fast in sorting out any problem I had in the past.

After 12 months, with the ever changing technology, I am sure that a New Kindle will be available.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good investment, November 13, 2012
A sensitive electronic device like the paperwhite is prone to accidental damage so I think this will pay for itself.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, July 26, 2013
it is really a one year plan because it starts from purchase date and not the end of the standard protection that comes with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, frankly. Couldn't be happier., September 7, 2013
Yesterday I did a boneheaded thing. I fell asleep on the couch while reading a book on my Kindle. The Kindle dropped to the carpeted floor. That isn't the boneheaded thing. Waking in the middle of the night and stepping on the Kindle on my way to the bedroom. THAT was boneheaded. The display was shattered and, while it lit up, no longer worked as a touch screen.

Since I was in the middle of a book, and since Amazon couldn't immediately deliver the new one I was going to buy to replace it, I swung by my local Fry's and bought another. While registering the new Kindle I saw the broken one in Manage your Kindle. I'd forgotten that I'd added Service Net's 2 year extended protection plan. I re-read the coverage details and, Surprise!!!, the plan covers accidents. The plan description even mentions stepping on the thing.

So, still dubious, I called the plan's toll free number. I'm put into a phone tree for about thirty seconds, at which point a very friendly guy named Jason answers at a US-based call center. He asks for the email address used on my Amazon account, then the exact name on the account. He waits very patiently while I fumble around for a minute to find the exact name I registered by Amazon account under. Then, the name of the Kindle. I tell him. He sees that it has a protection plan in place.

Then he asks "What's the problem with your Kindle?" "Well, actually, I stepped on it." "Oh, don't you hate that? Did the screen break? Touch screen doesn't work?" "Right." Then he says "No problem, I can have a replacement sent out immediately. You should have it in two days."

He told me that I had two options. If I agreed to let him secure the order with one of my credit cards on file with Amazon, he said the replacement out in advance. The card would only be charged if I didn't return the broken one within 30 days. I could use the packaging the replacement came in. He'd send me an email with a link to a postage-paid return label. Or I could send in the defective one and receive a replacement within two days of their receipt of it.

The credit card thing is standard on advance exchanges so I chose that option. Jason just asked me to confirm the last four digits and the expiration date on the card. Then he said "If you want to stay on the line another thirty seconds, I'll get the order placed and let you know when you'll receive the replacement. Still rather flabbergasted at the painlessness of the process, I waited the half-minute. Then our man Jason says "I'm sorry to say that, with the weekend, the new one won't be there 'til Tuesday. Is that OK?" This was late Friday night. "Yes. Tuesday's terrific!"

Now it's Saturday as I type this. I've obviously not received the replacement Kindle yet. (I'll update this review when the process is complete.) So far, however, this plan has been perfect and the process has been totally painless. No long wait on hold. No trying to communicate with someone in a third world call center. No need to find the plan number. They had that already. No need to find the serial number of my Kindle. They had that from the nickname I'd given it. And, best of all, no hassle at all for having stepped on the thing. The entire call lasted less than ten minutes and the rep was incredibly friendly.

I could not be happier.

Before I sat down to write this review, I took a look at the one and two-star reviews. There you'll read complaints that the plan is being misrepresented as a two-year plan when the Kindle comes with a one year warranty. None of the reviewers had actually purchased the coverage and, I guarantee you, none of them had stepped on their Kindles or dropped them in the bath. Service Net is very clear in the description of the plan that this is a two year extension to Amazon's one year manufacturer's warranty. I find the pricing for both the 3G and non-3G versions of the plan incredibly cheap. Really: I STEPPED ON MY KINDLE. BROKE THE CRAP OUT OF IT. THEY'RE REPLACING IT, IN ADVANCE, FOR NO CHARGE! Not even for shipping. This was a GREAT purchase! I highly recommend you add it to any new Kindle purchase.

[Note: this review is for the coverage on a non-3G Kindle. I just bought a 3G version and have added coverage to it based on my extraordinary experience with the non-3G coverage.]