Protection Plan for Kindle HD When Pre-Ordering your New Kindles This "Service Net" warranty people Charge You Right Away for this warranty coverage even though you do not have your new device in hand.
I emailed them twice asking they are charging me for this right away? Answer by some guy named Michael M. says it won't ship until I get the new Kindle..Wrong...They Charged 89.99 to my Amazon Card and the warranty paper work will be here by the 20th?
I'll have the warranty 60-90 days before I even have the new K-HD.
Your best bet is to pre-order your new device w/o getting this coverage. You can pick this extra coverage a few days after you Actually get you new Kindle HD to avoid being billed for it right away and if there may be confusion in actual warranty time frame...
asked by Mr. Fix It on September 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
From the first line of the Technical Details:

"With pre-order, your credit card will be charged for the protection plan at the time of purchase, but your coverage will not start until your Kindle is shipped"

Seems pretty clear to me.
Chris Bekofske answered on October 6, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
WATCH out for these crooks. I had the exact same thing happen. They charged me IMMEDIATELY for this warranty yet my Amazon shipping status shows a delivery date of November 27. I cannot submit a negative review because "This item has not been released yet and is not eligible to be reviewed."

I contacted Amazon and demanded a refund. I am supposed to have my refund within 3-5 business days. Funny, it took less than one day for them to charge me. Perhaps they are in financial difficulty?

Avoid purchasing this product until you have your device.
dora answered on September 15, 2012
Comment | 3 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it now does state that you are correct. But at the back in September on he day I created my order it did not.

On my September 7th Pre-order date. Later that day I received the Official Warranty Email stating our coverage time frame began that day on. And a letter will follow to back it up
We thought it was a mistake. But after contacting Service Net they assumed we we had the new Kindle Fire HD Already????

So they said they will credit my card right away and if I want the warranty after she gets her new Fire HD we have 2 weeks after getting it to purchase the extra 2 year warranty.

So bottom line if I did not alert them of my position and probably many other early buyers.
I was already loosing up to 75 Warranty Time Frame Days. So the easiest resolution was Service Net to cancel that contract.
Mr. Fix It answered on October 7, 2012
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›