Protest ( write more books about Percy)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2009 1:13:24 PM PDT
Brian Hannum says:
Don't you think it's kinda stupid that he would end and not keep going after the other Prophecy? He is losing a marketing deal, even though I don't care for that I want the books!!!! Percy is a heartrending chracter and he has Many adventures in store for him if the author choose... Please oh pleases will you not stop the series.. Don't you agree?

Posted on May 28, 2009 10:39:52 AM PDT
I won't mind as long as he writes another series.

Posted on May 28, 2009 11:11:51 AM PDT
One other thing I wanted to say: The Last Olympian was the last book. It ended. Percy can't really come back now. He's fought every monster there was to fight. He solved all of his problems. It would be almost imposible to bring him back now. Not that I am saying Riordan couldn't do it. If anyone can he can. But the point is he obviosly does not want to. That's why he ended the series. Don't get me wrong, I am Percy's biggest fan but I can let him go if I need to. I'm not going to spoil the books just because I don't want them to end. I have a great series now that will never get old, no mater how many times I read it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2009 9:07:06 PM PDT
If you read the author's note in the back of the book, it says something to the fact that this concludes the first series of Olympian books. This leaves hope for another series, but doubtful that it will follow Percy.

Posted on May 31, 2009 4:53:00 PM PDT
Cory says:
A truly good writer knows when to end a story. Riordan is a truly good writer, and he is doing what all great writers do; they end it when they have written what they always intended to write.

jk rowling could be the first writer to make 10billion bucks off her books if she wanted to, and continue harry potter, but she understands what riordan knows; sometimes a story has been told.

I look forward to his next olympian book or series, but I am satisfied with the conclusion to the first. sometimes, you have gone as far as you should with a character, and its time to move on. now is the time for a new set of half-bloods to go on adventures. mythology is so wide and varied that even within greek mythology, there are many more stories he can write.

Posted on Jun 16, 2009 9:56:54 PM PDT
Sharon says:
"that he would end and not keep going after the other Prophecy?"
Umm.. he is. #1: There IS going to be another Camp Half-Blood series. If you actually read the last book you would know that, there was an author's note at the back.
#2: It's the author's choice. Rick Riordan can do whatever he wants to, he can end it if he wants continue if he wants. There's no use in whining about it

Posted on Jun 16, 2009 9:57:16 PM PDT
Sharon says:
"that he would end and not keep going after the other Prophecy?"
Umm.. he is. #1: There IS going to be another Camp Half-Blood series. If you actually read the last book you would know that, there was an author's note at the back.
#2: It's the author's choice. Rick Riordan can do whatever he wants to, he can end it if he wants continue if he wants. There's no use in whining about it

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 2:14:02 PM PDT
guy says:
Rick said he would make a new Camp Half Blood series in late 2010. He said that some characters from percy jackson would be in it, but they wouldn't star in it. I think Percy is going to have a son or daughter. If you don't beleive me about Rick, check the last post in the Grief Share discussion. If it's not the last post anymore, look through the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2009 2:04:59 PM PDT
This was my favorite series, but i thought that at the end of the book that percy and annabeth heard a prophecy and they couldn't figure out how it was about them when annabeth said " who noes it could happen years after they were dead" I think rick riordan could bere to right the last book without being able to write another series about camp half-blood.

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 9:04:00 PM PDT
I've read many good series and this one was a good one, however I agree it could go a little further yet with these characters without going to far and making us get bored. I really hope they try for I'd say 1-3 more books. maybe Percy won't need to be the main character but he should still be involved.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 22, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Percy Jackson and the last olympian
Percy Jackson and the last olympian by Rick Riordan (Paperback - March 4, 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (1,750)