Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

100%

on May 10, 2013
I have played on and off for 20 years and have owned many markers, my first "high end" marker being an automag in the mid 90's. Its amazing how good this marker is for its price. It comes with just about everything a Dye DM series marker would have, just no low pressure regulator for the back and forth movement of the bolt. It still shoots very smooth, feels great in the hand (UL Frame), on/off for the air, clamp feed neck, lots of firing modes, adjustments are easy (no, there is no LCD readout, but the flashing lights are easy to understand and more then enough to mess around with if you feel the need to).

Now, to make sure your Reflex Rail is happy, clean the spool setup after every day of use, check the o-rings, don't lube it too much and it will work great. Make sure you hand tighten the spool setup well when re-installing or it can back out on you (symptom of this, in my experience, is the eyes will stop working because it allows the paintball to move back into the rear of the body, away from the eyes.

The only other thing that can happen is if you try to put too much pressure into the system (turning up the regulator) you will hear air leaking from the frame area (its leaking from the solenoid, and is expected as you are exceeding its design pressure). If you are turning it up because you cant get to 280 fps, then your barrel size is probably too large (the bore size can be rather large as paintballs have slowly gotten smaller over the past few years). A .684 barrel back (Dye UL fits the barrel front of the Reflex Rail) or smaller will be what you need. You can also increase the dwell setting to get more air released, but most likely your paintballs are too small for the barrel.

I have shot many different markers in my time, for the price its hard to beat the smooth shooting of a spool valve marker, and the reflex rail is an excellent example. Not long ago you would have to spend a grand to get the features this thing has.

P.S. if you don't like cleaning your markers after a long day of paintballing, get something like the Etek 4, they shoot well and take abuse. It wont feel as sexy in your had, but they are tanks.
on October 23, 2013
This marker is simply amazing!!!!!! First things first tho, to give a little background I work in the manufacturing industry where I'm a machinist with an engineering background and my work is very technical and precise. The reason I'm adding this is trust me when I say this marker is expertly designed and made!!!! I won't get into the nuances of poppet valve vs spool valve but needless to say this specific spoolie and dye's in general are the better ones in the market! If you've done ANY research concerning paintball markers you know it's always been between the big three in that being the reflexes, axes, and eteks! Many prefer one or another based solely on their own bias BUT no matter which one you choose all three are going to be great thus the little things become much more important and thus leads me to the rails and their superb attributes!!! First off, no other brand has the UL 45 frame and no other maker other then dye makes a gun that feels this good in your hands bottomline!!! The dovetail UL frame is simply the best I've held! Secondly, no other gun has the eye pipe technology and it virtually eliminates all chops, I haven't chopped one ball in thousands of rounds!!! Third, it's a dye spoolie is very very quite/smooth compared to the jackhammer eteks!!!!!!! Fourth and pry the most important for me is that this thing is dead to rights accurate!!!!! The stock bore size is perfect for many different paint but some brands do work better then others like Dye CG paint for example, which is an excellent paint for this marker, formula 13 not so much, it's the consistency of the paint that matters I'm CG is excellent. Fifth, the no-nut clamping Fed neck, you spin the lever to tighten it. The other thing I wanna dispel is some myths concerning this gun, everybody seems to think but its hard to maintain and clean this marker but I'm all actuality I can have the entire thing apart in less than 15 seconds, it's that easy folks!!! It's like this, the eteks are tantamount to your AK 47's, they're the proverbial tanks in the paintball world and will shoot and shoot and shoot even if you neglect them which makes people look good no matter what, but this gun is finely tuned and is your proverbial Ferrari of the bunch!! You do have to clean it after every case or so but you should anyways so technically it's no real big deal at all!!!! This gun even has a first ball spool anti-stick mode and is programmed where the spool gradually accelerates to stop balls from chopping and is subsequently very easy on paint!!!! That plus the eye pipes and a constant 140 psi air supply thru the hyper 3 reg no matter what pressure tank is at combines to make an amazing amazing marker bottom line!!! It is slightly less efficient and doesn't have an OLED board but considering it's basically a DM but without the low side reg makes it/made it a no brainer for me. The last thing I wanna share is at one point I hadsomebody quite literally shoot a paintball up my barrel and I had blue paint on both sides of my eye pipe and inside of my spool and when that happens all you have to do is hold down the trigger for one second and it overrides the eyes thus allowing the gun to fire and self squeegeeing the paint out of the way, it's bloody fraking genius!!!!!! Basically what I'm saying is in my humble opinion its so far more superior then any etek!) Or axes or ethas or crossovers or G5's or fx's!!! listen, dye knows their s***, they're an aerospace company and that's why I say it's a far better design and is executed superbly then the others are!!!!

Update from original review; I've put over 10,000 rounds Thru it thus far and haven't had one issue, I keep it well cleaned and its shoots flawlessly everytime!!! I DO highly recommend shooting Dye CG paint with this particular marker, dye designs all their products ie; rails, dm's ect in tandem with each other and CG paint is perfectly bored to the barrel size on the reflex rails and subsequently no barrel kit is needed, CG paint quite literally amplifies the superb accuracy inherent to the marker to begin with!!! You wont be disappointed with any of it!
on September 2, 2013
The Reflex is amazingly accurate, almost no recoil and can shoot at max bps with no breaks. When considering the only difference between this and the Dm13 is the low pressure regulator; i would go with this because of the price difference. Amazing marker, love it!
on May 5, 2013
This is the first paintball marker i have purchased so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It exceeds any expectation I had. Well worth the money and I would recommend it to anyone.
on July 9, 2013
Why play Battlefield 3 when I can paint my friends and family bright colors. This marker is deadly accurate and fires like a boss! The merchant was fast and delivery was furious. The whole experience was fantastic. I'm having a hard time not shooting things. All I want to do is tear stuff up with my new paintball gun. SUPER AWESOME
on May 23, 2014
Is a terrific gun. I noticed how much matenance it took when right when I got it I had an o-ring issue, after I cleared that up it shot smooth as butter! It's a terrific gun!