5.0 out of 5 stars Great little copter...
Great little heli, flies better then most of its counterparts. Dont spend more then $35 on it though, definitely not in the $100+ price range. Flies indoors only.
Published on November 24, 2011 by Robert Neamtiu

1.0 out of 5 stars really bad service
Published on February 28, 2012 by ethan

1.0 out of 5 stars really bad service, February 28, 2012
This review is from: Protocol Predator w/Gyro 3.5 Channel Remote Controll Helicopter (Red) (Toy)
I recommend "Do Not Buy". I was fortunate to have my unit work out of the box and the controls were easy for myself and my son. Unfortunately, the unit failed to work after the inaugural flight usage (faulty charger) and the company has no USPS listing for returns nor phone number for customer usage. The host retailer admitted that I was not the only one with problems and offered store credit with no questions asked. Do Not Buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Remote Won't Charge!, February 23, 2013
Debora M. Teti (Philadelphia, PA, US) - See all my reviews
I have the same problem as several other reviewers. I can't get the remote to charge! I purchased batteries 3 times hoping it would help but it did not. The remote blinks green, which according to troubleshooting means the batteries are weak. How can they be weak if they're brand new out of the box? The lights on the helicopter go on, but that's it, nothing else happens. I'm so dissapointed. I sent an email to protocolny.com but they didn't respond. I definitely would NOT recommend this product; I would give it no stars if I could.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad Helicopter for the price, but the Controller is "JUNK", January 27, 2013
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this rc helicopter thinking it was a good choice for the price because a friend of mine had purchased one to exactly like it, but when I received it I quickly realized that the controller is pretty much "JUNK". It takes 6 AA batteries which even with the cover on they rattle like a box of rocks, throttle runs smooth but the pitch and yaw control runs a litter weak, seem to be run with gears instead of a few simple bearings which would be a heck of alot nicer so you don't have to listen to them click dispite the fact that when I went to fly backwards the tail prop failed to function, which is quite aggravating when you get something new out of the box, charge it for the minimum wait time because your excited to finally get it and it doesn't work nearly as good as you think, so I was disappointed

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, January 18, 2013
I ordered this for my 11 year old son for Christmas. He was so excited when he opened it up and couldn't wait to try it out. Unfortunately the control was defective, rendering the toy useless. The issue was a missing coil where the batteries are placed. After the stress of the holidays, it was not worth the effort to go through the hassle of trying to return it and receive a new one particularly after the packaging had been thrown out with the rest of the Christmas boxes. It's easier to buy another from a different vendor. Clearly, if I could have given it zero stars I would have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 5 minutes., December 25, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I got this as a Christmas present from my dad. He had a bigger one that worked ok, but when I tried mine, the throttle was inconsistent (it rose to the ceiling and quickly sank to the floor without any commands from me). But I still got to play with it for a few minutes before the remote stopped connecting (yes, I tried all the different channels), and then the helicopter itself became unresponsive (would not turn on or off), so now it's garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little copter..., November 24, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars protocol predator SB., June 1, 2014
the predator sb was falsely advertised as a 4 channel. its is not! will not fly left and right. customer support is a joke. for half the price you can get the wL toys v912 helicopter witch is true 4channel and flys MUCH, MUCH better, parts are cheaper. where the fly bar on the protocol predator sb is plastic and breaks all the time, the wltoys is metal. i've had two of the predator SB helis

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, February 19, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
My son got this as a Christmas gift from his aunt. After getting the recommended alkaline batteries, we took it to an empty gynasium to try it out. His initial test flights were somewhat controlled, but they always seemed to end with and out-of-control dash to the ceiling followed by a long fall to the floor. Suspecting operator error, I tried it a few times. At first try the controls were very easy, but I too experienced the same awful finish. Pointing the IR remote at the helicopter from various angles had zero effect as it rocketed to the ceiling. On the positive side, the only damage was to one blade from slamming into a steel girder, and it was easily replaced with the spare blade using a jeweler's screwdriver. I would recommend spending the extra cash to get the Blade mCX RTF After another disappointing attempt to fly the Predator today, I let my son (7 years old) fly my mCX and he did pretty well on his first flights. Spend the extra $20 and get the Blade mCX and maybe some spare batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me as well., January 29, 2012
I also had a problem with this helicopter. I bought brand new duracell batteries and followed every direction and there is a blinking green light on the remote control. I tried to find something online to fix this problem but there is no company website and. I have a feeling that this is a cheap product even though it cost $60. Definitely not worth the gamble to purchase something that doesn't work. Do not buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protocol Predator Helicopter From Amazon, January 12, 2012
Kent (Saint Ann, Missouri) - See all my reviews
The Protocol Predator w/Gyro 3.5 Channel Remote Controll Helicopter (Red) I bought(From Amazon)flies like a real helicopter. This was my first fun helicopter, all I had before was an Air-hog. At our Christmas party one of our friends brought a Protocol Tigerjet Indoor 3 Channel Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro. Yellow and it flew around like a champ so I went home, got on the computer to find it, I found it but they were all sold-out, so I bought the Protocol Predator w/Gyro 3.5 Channel Remote Controll Helicopter (Red) instead. I had to learn how to fly it, turned out it is very durable. I thought all the helicopters were infrared but I soon learned they aren't, some of them are 27MHz those are the Radio Controlled. I like the infrared because I live by an airport and the Radio Controlled don't work very well here. I bought one and had to send it back, Amazon didn't even ask any questions about it and I got a full refund.

I would tell a friend about this helicopter, and I always tell people about Amazon.