5.0 out of 5 stars best helicopter ever bought
Published 18 months ago by RCtoyaddict13

3.0 out of 5 stars Protocol Tracer jet
I bought this model as I had already had one but this one is very unstable in the air. Still great fun and this one is more of a challenge
Published 13 months ago by eleanor Levins

5.0 out of 5 stars best helicopter ever bought, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Protocol Tracer Jet with Gyro 3.5 Channel Remote Control Helicopter (Toy)
So, for christmas me and my brothers got a tracerjet protocol heli, i can sum the whole thing up in three words.BEST MICRO-COAXIAL EVER.......... I love this heli to death. It flies great i mean its a little wobbly, i mean if you get it so it stays at the same height it goes forward a little bit. little deal however otherwise its great, it has better battery life than it says i think (although i've never timed it or anything). One little downside, is when we were flying for some reason a wire connected to the battery got dislodged but my dad welded it back easy. I have had a very sucky toy rc heli before (it was horrible) and to that heli the tracerjet is like a single rotor collective pitch 3d flyer. thanks for taking a look at my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars These helicopters are great, January 30, 2013
Relatively easy to control, lot's of flashing lights give it a cool look. We are having lot's of fun with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, while the skis last., December 26, 2012
I found this an amazing first helicopter. This being my introduction to the remote control world, my heli suffered many crashes on the first day. That might go to explain why today, the second day, the skis both started coming off. I have tried super gluing them back, not an easy task by any way you look at it. Other than that, I love it! I just hope my glue holds. ;) I'm hoping to get it back in the air later on tonight.

5.0 out of 5 stars great helicopter, December 18, 2012
i have had the helicopter for over a month and it is definatley fun to fly once you get the hang of it it controls nicely... as far as the other reviews go i dont go thru batteries any where near what they are saying i have rechargable aas that i charge at night and i go prob 2 days on them now the helicopter itself yes you charge it alot but its a lil helicopter so cant handle a heavy batt. overall this is a really fun toy me and my daughter have a blast trying to fly thru obstacles and she is 5. but like i said i have no problems with it and do not have the battery prob like the other reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun while it lasted, October 1, 2012
This counts as my first and second RC Helicopter.
The first was technically a smaller version of this model - same company, but it never worked. It would charge , more or less, sometimes enough to turn the rotors, never enough to take off.

This one charged as per instructions and was a dream trainer to fly. I think I crashed into everything I could find, including myself and some gym equipment.

I got to were I could fly it under things, up steps and have it follow me even in reverse. Not bad for barely an hour of air/crash time.

The most fun was when the apartment complex security came to check out the strange lights in the work out room found me having a ball. He then let on that he was a fan/owner too.

What happened after less than 3 hours of air time was that the on/off switch failed. Granted I was inventive about finding ways to crash and things to crash into and even taking off from crash stop. I still feel that given what this version cost (on sale from a department store) having the switch fail after so little use is a major negative.

One failed before opening and the other failed after a few weeks. Wings rotors all the parts one might expect to break held up, the starter failed. And for the record, both models ate batteries like they were so much popcorn.

Bottom line, I will be getting more RC 'copters, I will not spend this much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, March 17, 2014
Directions say it will not work in sunlight and of course, wind. Really! First time out, crashed, stabilizer strut broke. After a brief time it lost charge. What a disappointment. A trademark of Ashley Collection,inc. I will always associate poor quality with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Protocol Tracer jet, June 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars fun thing but it cost $1 a minute to fly, October 31, 2012
A very fun thing to play and try an master but it cost $1 a minute to fly. It is charged through the remote and uses a fresh set of batteries each and every time. Six duracel batteries average $5. Use them once for one flight and they are drained. It would be so easy to supply this with a charger similar size and cost as cell phone charger. It should be included in the price. I need to find a 6volt charger at Radio Shack or a store on line because I will not pay $5 for each five minute flight.

Rate and Discover Movies