5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic

3.0 out of 5 stars Diet, not a change for life
Published on May 13, 2008 by P. Kumar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 25, 2007
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
I bought this last year, and I lost thirty pounds in six weeks. The no salt recipies take awhile to get used to, but if you like spicy food, you can add lots of spices and it's delicious. I used to do Atkins, and it's really a welcome change to be able to eat fruit, rice and potatoes. If you're looking for something that will really work according to your specific body type, this is it. Just stay committed, use the support forums online and you can do it! :)

Jennifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Diet, not a change for life, May 13, 2008
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
The basics: no added salt, sugar, or fat; eat every 3 hrs; drink a lot of water; walk. During the diet I learned a lot- my palate changed so that I no longer want a lot of salt; I prefer to eat at least 4 meals; and I work out at a slower pace. I liked his idea about constantly customizing the plan, plus the forums and CDs are great for support and recipes (forums are free to sign up). I lost 30 lbs and would get disappointed if I only lost 1 lb/week.
But I felt like I was totally focused on eating- shopping 2 time/wk for food, using half a day to cook a week's meals; and planning my life so I could eat every 3 hrs. Also, some foods (including certain fruits and veggies) are off limits and you have to search out some on-plan ingredients, so my meals got repetitive. And most people aren't actually dairy or gluten sensitive- so the idea of a grilled cheese sandwich becoming a "treat" AFTER I hit my goal weight seemed too extreme.
Overall, this is GREAT if you have the discipline, time, and creativity to make losing weight your #1 priority (and I mean #1). But for me, I like eating Mom's food every Sunday, prefer more varied produce, and like going out to eat w/o practically special ordering my food.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! It works! It really, really, works!!!, May 13, 2008
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
Yes, this diet program does take discipline, but anything worth having or doing is worth the work, right? One of my friends that I hadn't seen in over a year surprised me when I saw her last year. She was noticeably smaller. She told me that she had lost over 40lbs on the Michael Thurman program. Then I got the bug and decided to try it too. It works! It works! It works! I lost 28lbs the first six weeks. All while eating 6 meals a day. One of the other reviewers says that there is no variety, that's not true. You must be creative. If you get tired of chicken breast, turkey breast and tuna, then why not ground the turkey, ground chicken breast, tuna steaks and fish without oils, the occasional grilled shrimp, crab meat... Yes, you can have steak if it is part of the program designed just for you. Apparently the bad reviewers never really read the program notebooks, and booklets. Recipe cards are included, as well as color coded options for each of the food groups. Yes even vegetarians can follow this program with a bit of diligence. It just depends on how bad you want to achieve a healthy weight, and how much determination that you have. I'm still doing the program. I do six weeks and then I take a break. I have quite a bit of weight to lose. The challenge is maintaining your weight lose after the program. You must change your bad eating habits for good and leave the junk food for an occasional treat. Even if you don't do the exercise you will still loose weight. I highly recommend this program. Three cheers for Michael Thurman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Program, March 5, 2008
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
This product takes a little discipline, but what diet doesn't? I dropped 25 pounds the first 6 weeks, then an additional 10 within 3 more weeks. I'm working on the last 5 now, but I couldn't have done it without this program!

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes Discipline, August 9, 2007
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
I used this program for a few weeks two years ago and it's been collecting dust ever since. The program takes a LOT of discipline if you want it to work. To me it's a bit unrealistic as it forces you to immediately change everything that has a probably become a habit. I know for most people it takes gradual change and the 180 is almost too much of a shock. It does have a lot of recipes and an eating out guide but you can only eat certain things for you body type and it didn't seem like enough variety. After a few weeks it got pretty old and I only did the exercises a few times as they were boring and not effective. Everything isn't for everyone so for some people this may be what they need but I wasn't one of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it for me, May 14, 2007
Me (Knoxville, Tn) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Six Week Body Makeover
I stuck to the Rice and Chicken and GAINED weight. Eating the same things everyday gets old really fast. Plus, I was CONSTANTLY hungry.

Six Week Body Makeover