5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks for the price.
While these are only an 18% Merino blend, they make up for more wool with a very nice high loft synthetic blend. For this price they are very comfortable and warm and well worth it.
If you want more merino wool, I'd recommend looking at Elders Hosiery.
Published on January 17, 2010 by Bob V.

1.0 out of 5 stars Socks are great but they are TOO BIG -- Size Info Wrong.
Here is what the copy says:

"Men's sock size 10-13, fits most shoe sizes."

From that you might expect that the socks would fit if you have size 10.5 shoes. Not true. First, sock sizes are not the same as shoe sizes (unbelievable but true), and second these socks do NOT fit "most shoe sizes." The copy should read

"Extra Large. Men's...
Published on July 23, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Socks are great but they are TOO BIG -- Size Info Wrong., July 23, 2010
Here is what the copy says:

"Men's sock size 10-13, fits most shoe sizes."

"Extra Large. Men's shoe size 12-15."

These socks were way to big for my size 10.5 feet. Because the curve of the heel is in the wrong place, the socks fall down and are annoying. This is a problem particularly if you walk around without shoes on.

It's too bad because the sock material seems quite good. Obviously the seller had some XXL socks to unload, and used misleading copy to do it.

I will return them, but will be out $12 in shipping fees.

Don't get these unless you have shoe size of at least 12. I tried washing in hot water, but there was no shrinkage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well built but too thin, January 30, 2010
M. Gladden (Mesilla, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
Well built but too thin. You can get better pairs (thicker, more wool) at Walmart in the hunting section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Socks for the price., January 17, 2010
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
If you want more merino wool, I'd recommend looking at Elders Hosiery.

5.0 out of 5 stars the wool keeps you warmer, December 8, 2010
R. White (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
at first glance these looked a lot like other gray moisture wicking socks i have. but upon wearing them for a bit, it's obvious how much warmer they are

mine came labeled as follows:

60% merino wool
18% cotton
15% polyester
7% elastic

EDIT (3/23/2011) : after 1 winter's use 3 of the 6 socks have developed holes. would not buy again

2.0 out of 5 stars Not high quality, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
Bought these for my husband and he said they weren't as warm as other wool socks he has. They also developed holes in just a couple of uses. I will not buy these again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Head socks you may have bought at Costco, January 19, 2011
Rich H. (Montpelier, VT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
I bought "Head" brand socks at Costco for years. They look identical to what's pictured here and the blend was the same, too. Having just purchased nine pair of these, I was disappointed to find that they're not the same socks. These are cheap knock-offs, much thinner than those Head socks. They're about the thickness of a cotton athletic sock.

These are decent socks for the money - about half the price of other winter socks - but don't expect a thick, high-quality sock. You get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total waste, October 27, 2011
Nate (Denver, Co United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
Holes developed on the heels after wearing them 1-2 x! Pure garbage. I purchased because of the good reviews here. Perhaps I got a shoddy bunch. But all three pairs have holes after wearing 1-2 x, seriously?!?! I thought the Wigwams wore out quick, after months of use. I guess I will buy Wigwams again. You get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to review. Please read on., January 4, 2011
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
All in all, for the price, good socks. They are warm and comfy (I live in northern Montana) and warm socks are a must in the winter. The problem is that when I came to the third pair one of the socks was too small. Obviously these are not first quality, they look a little odd, the stitching (or weaving?) is uneven, and I figured I was buying factory seconds, but I expected all three pairs to at least fit! I now own five socks and one sock puppet, or a dusting cloth, or a very thin boxing glove...I imagine I'll find something to do with number six. The best advice I can give on this item is caveat emptor, and perhaps expect to own an odd extra sock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Socks!!, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
I had some of these socks several years ago and lost them when I moved. When I saw these, I hoped they were the same as the ones I had in the past - and they are! I absolutely LOVE these socks! They are warm like wool without the itchyness of wool. Lined with a soft fleecy material, machine washable, super warm...what's not to love!
You will not be sorry if you decide to buy these - oh, and they ship really fast too - got my package in about two days! Great service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thin material, April 9, 2011
This review is from: Merino Wool Blend Socks (Apparel)
The material is much thinner than I like it to be...and definitely a lot thinner than the wool socks from REI. It keeps sliding on my feet, probably because it is too big for me. The price is very reasonable for wool blend socks, especially when you spread the shipping cost over multiple pairs of socks.

3 - Prs. Merino Wool Blend Socks- Size 10-13 Grey
$26.96 $15.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.